Huckabee/Obama Win Iowa Caucuses

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
He's a nice guy, Iowans fall for nice guys.

Nice guy like Haggard, Pat Robertson, or any of the other evangelical/ultra religious leaders I guess. I suppose they are very popular in Iowa. It's kinda funny how, before Huckabee, Democrats claimed these religious types were all homophobic bigots. Now that an unelectable preacher guy wins Iowa GOP primary, he's a nice guy. Go figure.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
Fred Thompson got 13% in Iowa. And he really only campaigned there in the last two weeks. Imagine what he could have done if he cared to put in the effort.

WHy is he running? Every time I see him, he just seems to not care. He looks and acts like a grumpy old man.

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 09:55 PM)
Nice guy like Haggard, Pat Robertson, or any of the other evangelical/ultra religious leaders I guess. I suppose they are very popular in Iowa. It's kinda funny how, before Huckabee, Democrats claimed these religious types were all homophobic bigots. Now that an unelectable preacher guy wins Iowa GOP primary, he's a nice guy. Go figure.

Heh, I've said I think the guy is nice ever since he was on the Daily Show.

The most important part of tonight is that a White Sox fan won the caucus.

this is me eating crow.

i truly didnt believe that this election would defy history but it did - people came out, the youth came out, the independents came out. congrats Obama.

but lemme tell ya, we're not done yet. I'm headed to New Hampshire tomorrow to work my ass off. if we can get 2nd in NH and knock off clinton it's a whole new ballgame.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 04:20 AM)
this is me eating crow.

i truly didnt believe that this election would defy history but it did - people came out, the youth came out, the independents came out. congrats Obama.

but lemme tell ya, we're not done yet. I'm headed to New Hampshire tomorrow to work my ass off. if we can get 2nd in NH and knock off clinton it's a whole new ballgame.

uh oh, sounds like the dean speech, watch the yelps.

QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
My money is on Bloomberg which is a mistake. I like a Richardson or Schweitzer VP nod myself.

Richardson would be ideal, but with his Clinton ties, I doubt it happens. Bloomberg maybe, but I think he wants to stay Indie.

Should be interesting to see who Dodd and Biden endorse, if anyone. Seeing some earlier rumors, I think Biden may endorse Obama and end up SecState. Of course, Richardson would also make a solid SecState for someone.

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:25 PM)
Hopefully the good turnout s a good sign of things to come with people getting interested in the political process.

I would rather people be well informed instead of just interested. Too many 'single issue' voters really doesn't do justice to the system as a whole. But I guess you have to start somewhere.

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 10:50 PM)
I would rather people be well informed instead of just interested. Too many 'single issue' voters really doesn't do justice to the system as a whole. But I guess you have to start somewhere.

i actually agree with you. bizarre.

QUOTE(GoSox05 @ Jan 3, 2008 -> 08:32 PM)
Go Obama. For an extreme right wing religious fundamentalist canidate, Huckabee is somewhat likeable. Although if wins the presidency i'm moving to Ireland.

Weren't a bunch of you lefties supposed to move to Canada if Bush got re-elected in 2004? We're STILL waiting for you guys to follow through on that pledge.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 09:22 AM)
Well, biggest loser is Guiliani who can stop kidding himself now.

Giuliani isn't leading in the polls in any state prior to Super Tuesday. His plan is for a big bang on that day. He tried campaigning early on in IA and NH, but as they got to know him, his numbers plummeted. So he abandoned ship and is going with his big bang theory. I think its going to fail spectacularly, but we'll see.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
Giuliani isn't leading in the polls in any state prior to Super Tuesday. His plan is for a big bang on that day. He tried campaigning early on in IA and NH, but as they got to know him, his numbers plummeted. So he abandoned ship and is going with his big bang theory. I think its going to fail spectacularly, but we'll see.

I hope so. He is, in my opinion, the smarmiest candidate currently on the playing field.