Sweeney

KipWellsFan

I believe we drafted him as an OFer, and he will sign, just later on. We are allowing him to finish his baseball season, because it began like after school got out. I think negotiations will begin in like August or something like that. There was an article on it a little while back. You can try and find it....just look up Sweeney. It was a whitesox.com article.

What's the deal on this OF/P, have we signed him yet and if not will we sign him?

We will sign him. All indications are that he wants to play professional baseball and wants to sign with the Sox. I think it will happen in the next two weeks or after his highschool season.

I'm from the same area as Sweeney and they just had a big thing about him recently on the news. He said he wanted to finish his high school career and go for a state title, but would jump at the chance of getting into minor league ball as soon as possible. He said that he and the organization were already in talks and they went on to say that a deal could be reached w/in a week or 2.

I'm from the same area as Sweeney and they just had a big thing about him recently on the news.  He said he wanted to finish his high school career and go for a state title, but would jump at the chance of getting into minor league ball as soon as possible.  He said that he and the organization were already in talks and they went on to say that a deal could be reached w/in a week or 2.

This is good news. :D

Guest JimH

That's very good news on Sweeney.

I like Anthony Webster ( a lot) and would be disappointed if he's included in the Everett deal. The other guy I wouldn't want to lose is Josh Rupe.

But ... if they sign Sweeney, and the way Reed is coming along ... as well as Brian Anderson ... I can see where the Sox think they've got 3 very good outfield prospects, whereas before this year they had Borchard and Webster only.