If the sox add a solid SP.....

allupons

I think Crede will be dealt to the Phillies hopefully for a couple of decent prospects. Im just not sure about Uribe. I know Baltamore needs a SS after Tejada left.. maybe we can get a prospect or 2 there also.. I really think Crede and Uribe will be used to bring some prospects back into the organization. This team really needs a SP but were not getting it with Crede or Uribe.

If that happened, wouldn't that put us in just as good of shape or nearly as good as before we made this trade?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ooh, an overweight SS who barely hits his weight and a an overrated 3B who is coming off of pretty big back surgery... yeah, they wouldn't net us much, if anything.

Uribe? Sure, although I don't necessarily see why his weight is such a big deal. Otherwise, I laugh and always will laugh at people who call Joe Crede overrated.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
someone remind me... why would we want either Colon or Garcia? So we can waste a couple million on over the hill bums who will provide nothing except maybe some L's?

Because we're simply too scared to trust the guys we have and our ability to get something out of them, so we're willing to throw money around to fix that problem, it seems. I think it's a poor idea too, but there's this big aversion to Danks or Floyd or Contreras being counted on right now. Some of that is understandable, some of it's a bit excessive in my book.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 05:53 PM)
Uribe? Sure, although I don't necessarily see why his weight is such a big deal. Otherwise, I laugh and always will laugh at people who call Joe Crede overrated.

He is. He has proven he is an average hitter at best who plays good D. Everyone in baseball sees he is an average player except many sox fans for some reason.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
He is. He has proven he is an average hitter at best who plays good D. Everyone in baseball sees he is an average player except many sox fans for some reason.

If you were one of the main reasons the White Sox won a World Series, any World Series, fans would be willing to love you a lot too.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)

Yeah. I have never really been a big fan of Crede and I can say that because I have always been a fan of the guy that is in my member name. I remember when Crede first came up and everyone got on him on how bad he was, I dont know if anyone else remembers, but from then I just was never a big Crede fan.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 09:00 PM)
If you were one of the main reasons the White Sox won a World Series, any World Series, fans would be willing to love you a lot too.

I don't see this type of love for Konerko, Dye, Garland, Garcia, etc. The only two people who come near the amount of homerism love Crede gets is Buehrle and Rowand.

"Good D?" LOL.

As far as hitting, I suppose I can agree there, although since the stretch of 2005 he has proven he can hit.

or just have a career year.

That's right. I forgot, that stuff doesn't mean anything. Most posters here are convinced there are only "flukes" when good players actually rise above what many people thought they were capable of, and they are delusional a lot of the time. Aaron Rowand is certainly proof. People here often see nothing but negativity, even overlooking or underrating our own players. Crede is no God, but he's a gold glove caliber 3B.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 01:22 AM)
That's right. I forgot, that stuff doesn't mean anything. Most posters here are convinced there are only "flukes" when good players actually rise above what many people thought they were capable of, and they are delusional a lot of the time. Aaron Rowand is certainly proof. People here often see nothing but negativity, even overlooking or underrating our own players. Crede is no God, but he's a gold glove caliber 3B.

what does that have to do with his hitting?

Obviously trading Sweeney, Gio and DSL hurts our chances of adding a super starter like Bedard... do you guys think we still have enough in the system to get him? Would you guys trade Danks, Egbert and Uribe for him? WOuld it cost more?? Do you guys even think KW is going after another SP?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
Obviously trading Sweeney, Gio and DSL hurts our chances of adding a super starter like Bedard... do you guys think we still have enough in the system to get him? Would you guys trade Danks, Egbert and Uribe for him? WOuld it cost more?? Do you guys even think KW is going after another SP?

hahahahaha YES

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 5, 2008 -> 08:57 AM)

Our farm is so bad right now, that even if we offered any choice of 10-15 minor leaguers in our system to the Orioles for Bedard, the deal would likely never happen, because our prospects are garbage.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 02:59 AM)
I would really like to see Kenny sign Colon to an incentive laden contract....if that pays off, we will be golden. Low risk, high reward....and I know KW loves the guy....

Anyone know of any latest news on Colon? Anything positive regarding his health?

Word through the media is colon cant hit above 90 on the gun and also wanted 2 years at a minimum of 9-10 per year. So no thanks.

QUOTE(joeynach @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 12:24 AM)
Word through the media is colon cant hit above 90 on the gun and also wanted 2 years at a minimum of 9-10 per year. So no thanks.

Colon is absolutely goddamn crazy if he thinks he's getting 9-10 per over 2 years. He might get that for one year from some dumbass team, but that would even surprise me. I see a Matt Clement type deal for him.

QUOTE(chisox100 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 03:20 PM)
Bartolo Colon and Livian Hernadez are still Free agents both would be good inning eaters as a 5th starter, there both getting desperate to sign so they will both be cheap.

I will take every pitcher in the top 2 levels of our organization before I take Livan Hernandez right now. And Colon, on the other hand, supposedly is not throwing 90 on the gun yet and may well be a lot more costly than we think.