Gio, Sweeney, DLS

bbmom

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
Oakland acquired about half of our minors this offseason.

Oakland has what would be our top 5 prospects if they were still with us... Gio, DLS, Cunningham, Carter, and Sweeney... We should have held off on the two trades with Arizona and just made a mega deal with both Arizona and Oakland. That would of been fun.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 06:13 PM)
I know Beane is a popular target at SoxTalk, but come on -- nobody has anything nice to say about him, or in defense? Keith? Nobody?

I think Beane's a fine GM and does a very solid job with what he has to work with salary wise. I also think the fact that he's going after all of the White Sox minor leaguers says something valuable, which, combined with all of the "KW sucks" threads this year, is why I keep bringing that up.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
Oakland has what would be our top 5 prospects if they were still with us... Gio, DLS, Cunningham, Carter, and Sweeney... We should have held off on the two trades with Arizona and just made a mega deal with both Arizona and Oakland. That would of been fun.

How about Gio, DLS, Carter, Sweeney, Cunningham for Haren and Swisher .. hahah .. if only and of course we would not have Richar, but I am sure we would abide

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)

Sweeney was our #8 prospect.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 01:57 AM)
Fun fact... Sweeney was the guy Oakland wanted more then anyone else... Believe it or not, but he still has loads of potential.

idk where you get your fun facts .. but ill make up mine .. fun fact .. Oakland didnt want to trade Swisher. Kenny had to pay a bargain to even hear if we could get swisher. Its like getting those japanese players you have to pay to talk to them and then pay to sign them. Kenny couldnt have bough his B game to the table to get swisher, I assume he called BB and threw something out that was very similar, if not the exact trade that happened for Swisher

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 02:46 AM)
idk where you get your fun facts .. but ill make up mine .. fun fact .. Oakland didnt want to trade Swisher. Kenny had to pay a bargain to even hear if we could get swisher. Its like getting those japanese players you have to pay to talk to them and then pay to sign them. Kenny couldnt have bough his B game to the table to get swisher, I assume he called BB and threw something out that was very similar, if not the exact trade that happened for Swisher

Maybe Harold Reynolds is a liar, I don't know.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 12:35 PM)
Harold Reynolds stated that the piece the A's wanted most was Ryan Sweeney. Maybe he's a liar, I don't know.

I think idiot makes more sense than liar. But hey, if Beane was holding out for a guy who regressed in his second season in the absolutely atrocious International League, mayhaps he's not a great GM.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
It's just my opinion. I threw it out there and will stand by it. Let's see what happens.

...ok. I would just like to know the reasoning for such an opinion. To me, Sweeney was not the prize of the deal. You don't show regression in repeating AAA and have teams coveting you.

QUOTE(KevinM @ Jan 6, 2008 -> 02:00 PM)
...ok. I would just like to know the reasoning for such an opinion. To me, Sweeney was not the prize of the deal. You don't show regression in repeating AAA and have teams coveting you.

He's only 22. He'll be a solid ballplayer.