Kenny to discuss Swisher Trade @ 1 PM

joejoesox

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly don't believe that will end up happening.

Nonetheless, especially since bureau has come on this site and taught me a lot, I find it funny that fans can be so up in arms about prospects when they are dealt. If bureau taught me anything, it's that I know absolutely nothing about prospects. I would like to steal his computer.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
Well Jumpin Joe Cowley is on greasing the wheels.

Joe just stated he thinks that Crede will be the starter and Fields will be in the minors. How f***ed up is that. 23 homers, over 60 RBIs projecting to well over 30 and he will go down. Laughable.

Ya, that better not happen.

honestly none of us have any idea what's going to happen, yesterday proved that. I'm all goin nuts thinking we are awful, now we have an OF i love for 5 years and I'm happy. So crede could be gone in 10 min. for all we know, or fields could be going for a pitcher, who knows.

Crede is gonna go for a reliever or specs. Fields showed--as a raw player--all-star capabilities. I am not sure that Crede hits for a higher average than Fields, or hits more homeruns. Fields certainly will strikeout more, but also walk more. His D is not good, but its serviceable. And more importanly, Crede is coming off back surgery and not faced game pitching in a year, he is not a better option than Fields. What more does Josh have to do?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 10:43 AM)
Well Jumpin Joe Cowley is on greasing the wheels.

Joe just stated he thinks that Crede will be the starter and Fields will be in the minors. How f***ed up is that. 23 homers, over 60 RBIs projecting to well over 30 and he will go down. Laughable.

Fields is the 3B in 2008, barring some bizarre series of other trades that isn't likely to happen. He is saying that because Crede needs to be traded.

Is this team set on having Quentin be a starting outfielder? Right now I'm kinda bored so I'm looking at scenarios of what could happen for a starting lineup, but extremely unlikely.

SS Cabrera

CF Swisher

DH Thome

1B Konerko

RF Dye

3B Crede

LF Fields

C Pierzynski

2B Richar

I don't really think that is the best option, there isn't enough speed in the lineup and to me it's starting to look like the lineups we had from 2000-2004. Just throwing it out there though.

To state the Obvious, There's gotta be another trade going down. Too many of One Position. Actually i would like Swisher to play first. Trade Kong for a leadoff hitter CenterFielder/LeftFielder, Bullpen help. Crede gone as well. I don't think Alexei Ramirez will be with the Big Club this year. Richar will get the first crack at second.

Crede and Uribe are trade Bait

Ohh and please Don't let Cabrera lead off, He's a good second place hitter, doesn't walk enough to leadoff.

Edited by JoshPR

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 10:47 AM)
Nonetheless, especially since bureau has come on this site and taught me a lot, I find it funny that fans can be so up in arms about prospects when they are dealt. If bureau taught me anything, it's that I know absolutely nothing about prospects. I would like to steal his computer.

I wouldnt anoint someone's OPINION god-like when they are one out of hundreds of people who share the same job, and .00001 percent of them post on a message board. Just a thought.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 12:53 PM)
I wouldnt anoint someone's OPINION god-like when they are one out of hundreds of people who share the same job, and .00001 percent of them post on a message board. Just a thought.

Then again, considering he is a professional scout, he probably knows a lot more than your average message board poster.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)
Probably, but that doesnt say much.

I've been impressed by Bureau's contributions to the site. I'm not saying he's the real deal, but I'm taking in what he has to say with an open mind and not trying to prove I'm more knowledgeable than him. And Rock, I'm not saying you are doing this ... but some sure seem to be.

In fact, I'm concerned that Bureau might just say "f*** it! These guys know it all already. I'm outta here" due to the tone some have had toward him.

Edited by YASNY