Kenny to discuss Swisher Trade @ 1 PM

joejoesox

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 12:59 PM)
I've been impressed by Bureau's contributions to the site. I'm not saying he's the real deal, but I'm taking in what he has to say with an open mind and not trying to prove I'm more knowledgeable than him. And Rock, I'm not saying you are doing this ... but some sure seem to be.

In fact, I'm concerned that Bureau might just say "f*** it! These guys know it all already. I'm outta here" due to the tone some have had toward him.

HAHA. I also appreciate his input as an educated contributor on this site. I just do not take it to god-like status like some have. I think of my own profession and if there was a message board on it (which would be the most boring place ever) and if I was the only person in the front lines posting on the subject. Many would take my opinion and personal examples as gospel, which of course it would not be. My occupation is also based on performance and a what have you done for me lately mentality.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
HAHA. I also appreciate his input as an educated contributor on this site. I just do not take it to god-like status like some have. I think of my own profession and if there was a message board on it (which would be the most boring place ever) and if I was the only person in the front lines posting on the subject. Many would take my opinion and personal examples as gospel, which of course it would not be. My occupation is also based on performance and a what have you done for me lately mentality.

Fair enough, Rock. Still, I'd hate to see some attitudes run him off.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 07:06 PM)

i see your point, but i'm not talking about his own personal opinions, i'm talking about the scouting reports collected by the scouts, and how he explained them. We are all excited about ramirez and he shows us a scouting report that has him in the possible starter to platoon player range, it puts it in perspective.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 07:24 PM)
I got to be honest, I'd hate a Swisher for Bedard deal. It would be the opposite of what I'd want considering Bedard would be long gone in a year.

Free agency has really led to a decline in the ability of teams to compete for quality players/big name stars. But, it does amaze me that simply having the best team money can buy doesn't really translate into a championship. Having that good team spirit and people filling all the holes makes the winner. When might it be A-Rods turn?

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 4, 2008 -> 01:23 PM)
i see your point, but i'm not talking about his own personal opinions, i'm talking about the scouting reports collected by the scouts, and how he explained them. We are all excited about ramirez and he shows us a scouting report that has him in the possible starter to platoon player range, it puts it in perspective.

Can someone point me to one of this guys posts?