Clemens on 60 Minutes

Middle Buffalo

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)
He was admonished for flying her in and meeting with her before giving up her information to investigators.

OK. I'm just saying that it's funny that Clemens was admonished for meeting with a witness, but it's alright for Representatives to meet with him before the hearing. You'd think that sort of contact would be off limits, too. What was the point of meeting with Representatives before the hearing? Were the ones he met with the same ones who lobbed softball questions to him and grilled MacNamee?

I'm pretty sure Clemens is lying. I suspected even before the Mitchell Report that he was a user, but it doesn't really appear that there is evidence that he used. There are witness accounts that seem to match, but MacNamee has been inconsistent, and things like the Canseco party (where everyone but MacNamee says that he was not there - including Canseco and the Toronto broadcasts from that day) help Clemens' case. It doesn't really seem like there's actual evidence that Clemens cheated, so he probably did well to defend himself.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 02:17 PM)
Ultra-conspiracy theory:

Isn't Clemens a Texan? Isn't our President a Texan? Isn't he also a Republican? Heck, didn't he even have ties to the Rangers at one point?

Wow, hand me Kaps sig but that makes some sense. That scares me.

I didnt see the hearings but I heard that there was a rep from Indiana that was an embarrassment.That he was pretty much the lead coordinator to the Roger Clemens fan club and was obnoxious and belligerent in scolding Mcnamee and praised Clemens as being a "titan".It seems as if this hearing went nothing like I was expecting.

QUOTE(shipps @ Feb 13, 2008 -> 03:39 PM)
I didnt see the hearings but I heard that there was a rep from Indiana that was an embarrassment.That he was pretty much the lead coordinator to the Roger Clemens fan club and was obnoxious and belligerent in scolding Mcnamee and praised Clemens as being a "titan".It seems as if this hearing went nothing like I was expecting.

Post 108, Chaos gave a report on the guy.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 17, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
In Gammons column on espn.com today, he said the first draft of Canseco's new book had Clemens at the party Jose says now he wasn't at, and discussing implants. Isn't that was McNamee said? I wonder how long before Jose spends all the money the Rocket gave him.

Implants? Huh? Is this his wife being brought in to this again somehow?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 10:38 AM)
Can they issue a subpoena for that first draft??

Now there's a report someone who was 11 at the time took a picture and still has it of Clemens at the party. Rocket needs to go into hiding. Of course, there could be misremembering.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Feb 18, 2008 -> 06:20 AM)
It actually was exactly what McNamee testified . The 2 wives were discussing and showing their augmentations to each other with Canseco and Clemens present.

Birds of a feather...

Clemens is inhumanly stupid. I still can't believe that he got himself into this mess.