Thanks to those who run Soxtalk.

Steve9347

Maybe this can be pinned for all of us that are gracious for this Website.

I have, for the last three + years, used Soxtalk as a place to talk White Sox, all sports, entertainment, and a few other things. Recently, I've even dabbled in asking soxtalk for health info and other things, and I realized that this is a really expansive site with folks you can trust.

However, unlike other sites, I know that this one will be correctly policed so things don't get out of hand and annoying like many Websites do... so for all y'alls who police the site, have lended your creativity and ideas, your money, all of it... what the hell? I thank you.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 11:51 AM)
Maybe this can be pinned for all of us that are gracious for this Website.

I have, for the last three + years, used Soxtalk as a place to talk White Sox, all sports, entertainment, and a few other things. Recently, I've even dabbled in asking soxtalk for health info and other things, and I realized that this is a really expansive site with folks you can trust.

However, unlike other sites, I know that this one will be correctly policed so things don't get out of hand and annoying like many Websites do... so for all y'alls who police the site, have lended your creativity and ideas, your money, all of it... what the hell? I thank you.

Soxtalk needs a "real men of genius" commercials for their own.

Series

And I wholeheartedly agree with everything Steve said. this place is more or less my social hub. i have learned so much here since I have become a member it is ridiculous. the speed of media is amazing on this site, i usually find things out hours(sometimes days) before they are widely reported

Edited by kyyle23

[REAL MEN OF GEEEEEENIUUUUUUS!]

Here's to YOU, Mr. Sensitive Online Gratitude Displayer

[Mr. Sensitive Online Gratitude Displaaaaaaayer]

When you feel like sharing your innermost thoughts, you go to just the right place - an anonymous message board!

[Nobody knows yooooou]

Posting a gushy "thank you" message in the Pale Hose Talk section just shows that YOU MEAN IT, MAAAAN!

[Why not Sex, Lies and Music???]

So here's to you, Internet Man-Hugger - your buddies would give you grief for this....if anyone knew who you really were....

[Mr. Sensitive Online Gratitude Displaaaaaaaaayyyyyerrrrrrrrrrrrr]

[Anheuser Busch - why, it's just fine, thanks for asking!]

:D

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 12:05 PM)

When you feel like sharing your innermost thoughts, you go to just the right place - an anonymous message board!

[Nobody knows yooooou]

Posting a gushy "thank you" message in the Pale Hose Talk section just shows that YOU MEAN IT, MAAAAN!

So here's to you, Internet Man-Hugger - your buddies would give you grief for this....if anyone knew who you really were....

You, my friend, have just earned a post of the month nomination :)

[Nobody knows yooooou]

LOL.Internet Man-Hugger.Absolutely classic. :lolhitting

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)

[Nobody knows yooooou]

That, my friend, is classic.

Just to add, this March marks 5 years of SoxTalk membership for me. :o

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 01:05 PM)

[Nobody knows yooooou]

Like the 3 or 4 guys before me, I will display by on-line gratitude to you Mr. Critic for providing such comic relief and totally diluting Steve9347's thoughtful message. Critic, is there a way you can work in "Steve9347" into the chorus portion...would be fun with the rambling of numbers and all.

Steve9347 if you have had a life-changing event occur as a result of reading this board, I apologize in advance but it was just so funny. :lol:

I guess I'll thank this board for me meeting a couple of nutcase posters here, one with "iconic" status :D Hopefully when Andrew (DBAH0) comes to the U.S., I'll buy him a drink and he can tell me how this Micah guy we have is so great. Get the video tape Willie, Katy 4 eva. :) Remember to watch your Steff and keep Nuke-ing Cleveland. Some crazy memories I tell ya.

Goal for 2008, get Dougly laid.

QUOTE(heirdog @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 02:42 PM)
Like the 3 or 4 guys before me, I will display by on-line gratitude to you Mr. Critic for providing such comic relief and totally diluting Steve9347's thoughtful message. Critic, is there a way you can work in "Steve9347" into the chorus portion...would be fun with the rambling of numbers and all.

Steve9347 if you have had a life-changing event occur as a result of reading this board, I apologize in advance but it was just so funny. :lol:

How about:

You may be Steve #9347, but to US, you'll always be Steve Number One

[i'm not good with numbers!]

Insert that where you want.

No, not THERE.....pervert.... :ph34r: :lol:

I also do want to add that I didn't mean to water down Steve's original intent - this place is one of the first places I stop when I hit the Net every day, and I too am very grateful for the time, money and energy spent on this site!

:cheers

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
How about:

You may be Steve #9347, but to US, you'll always be Steve Number One

[i'm not good with numbers!]

Insert that where you want.

No, not THERE.....pervert.... :ph34r: :lol:

I also do want to add that I didn't mean to water down Steve's original intent - this place is one of the first places I stop when I hit the Net every day, and I too am very grateful for the time, money and energy spent on this site!

:cheers

Dude, don't lie, you write all those commercials don't you.

The #1 line is as good as any in those commercials. It's going in my sig.

Edited by Steve9347

[Nobody knows yooooou]

:notworthy :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 8, 2008 -> 08:00 AM)
I guess I'll thank this board for me meeting a couple of nutcase posters here, one with "iconic" status :D Hopefully when Andrew (DBAH0) comes to the U.S., I'll buy him a drink and he can tell me how this Micah guy we have is so great. Get the video tape Willie, Katy 4 eva. :) Remember to watch your Steff and keep Nuke-ing Cleveland. Some crazy memories I tell ya.

Goal for 2008, get Dougly laid.

I knew you would never live that down. I'm a little suprised you didn't bring up Matt Nachreiner though. :o

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 7, 2008 -> 05:14 PM)
I knew you would never live that down. I'm a little suprised you didn't bring up Matt Nachreiner though. :o

I'm sure there have been worse "sleeper" picks...

...well, maybe not. haha

Oh, and yes, this place is awesome.

Edited by dasox24

This thread is "Mmm, Beastly."

Thanks to Gage and everyone throughout the years who has made this forum successful and enjoyable to read. Thanks to everyone for bringing opinions (unpopular or popular) to the table.

Keeping the Faith,

-Ross

P.S. I know several of you "old timers" wanted to read the first sentence I wrote.

Edited by The Beast

I thoroughly enjoy this website. I would be moreso if there were less armchair gm's who are so concerened with, say, Juan Uribe's OBS who then s*** their pants when Juan goes profundo with 4 rbi's to win a game, but I appreciate this place because I can discuss matters such as Crede's future with the White Sox, the glorious addition of Nick Swisher, how the 06 Sox should've been better than they actually were, and how we would have been in position to three-peat if Frank Thomas stayed with us.

All kidding aside, it's great to find a place other than the Cell that you can seriously discuss the Sox.