Rich Gossage: A Hall of Famer

StatManDu

Now, we'll have to sit through all of the interviews from current and former White Sox personnel about their Gossage stories and read so many articles in all of the Chicago area papers about Gossage development in the Sox minor league system and his 5 years with the team replete with all kinds of highlights and so many pictures of him in a Sox uniform. This could go on for weeks with this town celebrating former White Sox Gossage's election to the HOF.

Oh wait, I forgot we're not the flubs so we won't see any of that. Barry Rozner will write his Daily Herald article about former Montreal Expo Andre Dawson.

QUOTE(WHITESOXRANDY @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 08:49 AM)
Now, we'll have to sit through all of the interviews from current and former White Sox personnel about their Gossage stories and read so many articles in all of the Chicago area papers about Gossage development in the Sox minor league system and his 5 years with the team replete with all kinds of highlights and so many pictures of him in a Sox uniform. This could go on for weeks with this town celebrating former White Sox Gossage's election to the HOF.

Oh wait, I forgot we're not the flubs so we won't see any of that. Barry Rozner will write his Daily Herald article about former Montreal Expo Andre Dawson.

The most mention I have seen on his time with the Sox (did not read today's stories, though) is how he pitched for both sides of town. Anyone who had a cup of coffee on the north side automatically becomes an ex-Cub. Pathetic.

Congrats to Goose for this.

However one of my favorite Whitesox moments was Rockin Robin Ventura crushing a slam off of gossage with 2 strikes and 2 outs to win it. Nothing more exciting than a Walk off slam. The place was electric, and the place shook. The place never hit that type of frenzy until I saw Konkero hit a slam in the 05 series. I was lucky enough to be at both events. Its the beauty of the game of baseball. You have memories of certain moments that are frozen in your memory forever.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 11:05 AM)
Congrats to Goose for this.

However one of my favorite Whitesox moments was Rockin Robin Ventura crushing a slam off of gossage with 2 strikes and 2 outs to win it. Nothing more exciting than a Walk off slam. The place was electric, and the place shook. The place never hit that type of frenzy until I saw Konkero hit a slam in the 05 series. I was lucky enough to be at both events. Its the beauty of the game of baseball. You have memories of certain moments that are frozen in your memory forever.

Robin is my all-time favorite White Sox, and that is my favorite Robin Highlight.

He had his Hall of Fame press conference today (mlb.com), and he was really a class guy.

I'm sure during his his induction speech, Chuck Tanner and Dick Allen will get major mentions.

I didn't see him pitch for the Sox, but it's cool he's been vocal about his time with the Sox, and not just focusing on the Yankees years.

Edited by flavum