If anything good comes from this writer's stirke

juddling

More than five and a half years after a third season was last discussed, ABC is resurrecting The Mole—but without celebrity contestants or either of its first two hosts, Anderson Cooper and Ahmad Rashad. The new series will air this summer and will feature a “simplified” format, according to its producer.

“Casting and pre-production have begun on the show, which will likely start shooting later this spring,” Variety reports. No casting notices have yet been posted on ABC’s site or elsewhere, but the show will be produced by Stone & Co. Entertainment, which is led by one half of the producing pair (Stone Stanley) that produced the earlier versions.

The exact changes that will be made to the format are unclear, but executive producer Scott Stone said, “We simplified it to where the people at home can play along. And the quiz will be much shorter than in the past.” (During its first two seasons, the series was criticized—mostly by critics with small, useless brains—for being complicated and difficult to follow. Considering Survivor’s strategic complexity and popularity, that argument made little sense.)

Scott Stone says, “If anyone asks me what my favorite show has been, I’ve answered ‘The Mole.’ … And it perennially ends up on lists of people’s favorite reality shows. That kept the fires burning inside me.”

I LOVE THE MOLE!!!!!!

:headbang :headbang