Went to NYY-Baltimore game today

Soxplosion

Or I went to the stadium where the game was supposed to be. I got up at 7 AM and got in a van with my friends drove all the way up, found it was postponed, drove all the way back and got home at midnight. Were gonna get to go to another game, but doesnt that suck?

Or I went to the stadium where the game was supposed to be. I got up at 7 AM and got in a van with my friends drove all the way up, found it was postponed, drove all the way back and got home at midnight. Were gonna get to go to another game, but doesnt that suck?

Hmmm me thinks you boys did a lil bit more than just drive in that 17 hours...... ;)

Yes they were. I mean, the field trip (it was run by the city for teenagers) was a great idea. And well get to do it another day. But the guys in charge were sissy. Ive played golf in worse weather than that crap. If youre getting outdone by golf, you got problems. We still had fun tho. We sat in the van and messed with other drivers. We had little signs and wed flash em the signs, the contents of which are confidential. We got some good laughs outta that... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yes they were. I mean, the field trip (it was run by the city for teenagers) was a great idea. And well get to do it another day. But the guys in charge were sissy. Ive played golf in worse weather than that crap. If youre getting outdone by golf, you got problems. We still had fun tho. We sat in the van and messed with other drivers. We had little signs and wed flash em the signs, the contents of which are confidential. We got some good laughs outta that... :lol:

did ya do the pullin the chain arm thing to make the truck drivers honk their horns ????? :rolleyes:

Roman the wheater in Richmond yesterday was awful, it would rain for about 45 minutes then stop for 5 then rain for another 45 minutes. I don't know about B-more but if it was anything like it was in Richmond I can see why they canceled the game.

On my recent roadtrip, 4 of 7 the games had the tarp on the field when we got there and no BP, and only one park didn't have any rain involved. That being said, no rainouts, which we wouldn't have been able to afford. We were soooo lucky. And you go "1/1". That's ridiculous.

Roman the wheater in Richmond yesterday was awful, it would rain for about 45 minutes then stop for 5 then rain for another 45 minutes. I don't know about B-more but if it was anything like it was in Richmond I can see why they canceled the game.

You live in Richmond Joel? It was raining in VA Beach and most of they way up. It was also raining at the park but they didnt even delay it and try to get it in. And the rain was not bad at all in Baltimore...

You live in Richmond Joel? It was raining in VA Beach and most of they way up. It was also raining at the park but they didnt even delay it and try to get it in. And the rain was not bad at all in Baltimore...

Yep, lived here for about 4 years. Before then i lived in Sussex County which is about and hour from Va beach.

But like I said it rained here all day yesterday.

I am sorry you missed your game, because Camden yards is a nice ball park. I saw my 1st game there in 1995 against the Sox. The only problem was that we sat in the very top row and all the players looked like the little grean plastic army men.

Yep, lived here for about 4 years.  Before then i lived in Sussex County which is about and hour from Va beach.

But like I said it rained here all day yesterday. 

I am sorry you missed your game, because Camden yards is a nice ball park.  I saw my 1st game there in 1995 against the Sox.  The only problem was that we sat in the very top row and all the players looked like the little grean plastic army men.

:lol: Well, we had fun and well get to go back later so I guess its not all lost...

Yeah maybe. I usually go to see the Tides down in Norfolk. My dad thinks this message board stuff is kinda weird but Im gonna get my license and a car in like September so I could probably just tell them Im going to Richmond for a day to see a baseball game. They arent that strict...

Yeah maybe. I usually go to see the Tides down in Norfolk. My dad thinks this message board stuff is kinda weird but Im gonna get my license and a car in like September so I could probably just tell them Im going to Richmond for a day to see a baseball game. They arent that strict...

I have never been to a Tides game. And I rarely go see the Braves because well they usualy suck. The only time go watch them is when the Knights are in town.

Hows the Braves stadium? The Tides stadium is really nice. The team is pretty good too. They belong to the Mets so Ive seen Alex Escobar (whos now an Indian) and Ty Wigginton (whos now like the only good hitter in Queens not named Cliff Floyd) play. I also saw Joe Borchard play (I seem to target Knights games too) and I saw Dangelo Jiminez last year before anyone else did...

BTW, how old are you man? Sorry, you dont have to answer that if you dont want to. Im just curious...

Hows the Braves stadium? The Tides stadium is really nice. The team is pretty good too. They belong to the Mets so Ive seen Alex Escobar (whos now an Indian) and Ty Wigginton (whos now like the only good hitter in Queens not named Cliff Floyd) play. I also saw Joe Borchard play (I seem to target Knights games too) and I saw Dangelo Jiminez last year before anyone else did...

BTW, how old are you man? Sorry, you dont have to answer that if you dont want to. Im just curious...

1st I'm 16. not a big deal to tell IMO.

Braves stadium is alright, it looks ugly from the outside(and food area), but once you get into where all the seats and playing field are it looks a lot better.

Cool. Im 16 too. Do you have your license yet? Im gonna get mine on the 25th of September, given I do everything right.

So maybe we could go to a game together when I get my license. I know my parents wouldnt drive me up there but if its my car, Im driving and Im paying for the gas they wont stop me...

The Tides stadium looks pretty nice from both the inside and the outside. Its in kinda a slum/ gang neighborhood but unless youre a Scrubs fan theres nothin wrong with that.

Heh, whats funny about that is Wrigleyville actually has a higher crime rate than the Southside... :lol:

Cool. Im 16 too. Do you have your license yet? Im gonna get mine on the 25th of September, given I do everything right.

So maybe we could go to a game together when I get my license. I know my parents wouldnt drive me up there but if its my car, Im driving and Im paying for the gas they wont stop me...

There season will be over bye the 25th so maybe we should wait till next year.

But no I don't have my lisence. Not aloud to get it really because I had 2 siezures and one was in the last 6 months so I have to wait six months from my last siezure o be able to drive and get my lisences.

Oh, that sucks. But we could go next year. Well try to pick like a weekend game against Charlotte. That would be nice. You could bring a girl and I could bring one too (hey, Im gonna need company drivin up there lol). Is the rest of your family Sox fans? Mine arent. They root for em because I do but geez, my family has Cubs fans in it...