Meanest Mom on the Planet?

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Alpha Dog @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 12:46 PM)
Good for her. I vote for best mom. Although for some reason the son's excuse about a friend leaving it there reminds me of the time Greg Brady got caught with cigs in his coat pocket.

The old Michael Irvin "I hid the crackpipe in my pocket from some friends who were using it" excuse

Thats a good one

I guess it's cool that she's standing by her terms (one being no alcohol), but come on lady, your son is 19 years old. If you don't think he should be allowed to drink alcohol, well, that's just ridiculous. Once a person becomes of college age, it should really be up to him to decide. It's not like she found heroine or cocaine in his car. Now, if the kid was 16 years old and still in high school and under the supervision of his parents, I'd be fine with this. But, he's obviously not. He is considered an "adult" by law and is his own man at this point. Don't sell his car to prove a point that is dumb. I'm guaran-damn-tee you she was drinking alcohol or smoking weed or some s*** when she was 19. And if she wasn't, well, good for her. But she is not her son.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 02:55 PM)
I guess it's cool that she's standing by her terms (one being no alcohol), but come on lady, your son is 19 years old. If you don't think he should be allowed to drink alcohol, well, that's just ridiculous. Once a person becomes of college age, it should really be up to him to decide. It's not like she found heroine or cocaine in his car. Now, if the kid was 16 years old and still in high school and under the supervision of his parents, I'd be fine with this. But, he's obviously not. He is considered an "adult" by law and is his own man at this point. Don't sell his car to prove a point that is dumb. I'm guaran-damn-tee you she was drinking alcohol or smoking weed or some s*** when she was 19. And if she wasn't, well, good for her. But she is not her son.

Are you serious? He's not of legal drinking age, and the booze was IN THE CAR. Open alcolhol is not legal in the car. So not only did he break multiple laws, he also basically took a car his Mom paid for, broke one of the two friggin rules she set, and probably drove drunk. How is he is "own man" doing this in a car his parents bought for him?

And did you miss the part where this isn't about having alcohol - its about having alcohol IN THE CAR?

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 01:55 PM)

Agreed...if the kid was 21. But he wasn't. And she bought the car for him. If he bought the car, pays for insurance, etc. and wants to do something dumb, that's his stupidity. But, the mom bought the car and laid down the law. Good for her! As a future father (in 19 weeks or so), I'm taking notes.

It wasn't about the drinking, it was about booze in the car. He had 2 rules, he broke one. If he doesn't like that he can always buy his own car. I had 3 rules if I wanted any help for college from my parents: no tattoos, no earrings, no motorcycles. Seem pretty silly, but I needed every penny, so I dealt with it. Never got the earring or motorcycle, but got the tattoo, AFTER college.

Yes sir, he is his own man. Too bad his mommy had to buy a car for him. Wow, What a man! :lolhitting

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 02:59 PM)
Are you serious? He's not of legal drinking age, and the booze was IN THE CAR. Open alcolhol is not legal in the car. So not only did he break multiple laws, he also basically took a car his Mom paid for, broke one of the two friggin rules she set, and probably drove drunk. How is he is "own man" doing this in a car his parents bought for him?

And did you miss the part where this isn't about having alcohol - its about having alcohol IN THE CAR?

I agree completely with you, and I'm under 21 and drink :P

Shes got to be a marketing director somewhere.I think she knew what she was doing there,she has probably been getting calls like crazy.Iam not saying it was the only reason because iam sure she did want to teach him a lesson,but as she was writing it out I know she was thinking this is going to catch some eyes.

Edited by shipps

Hey, it's right by me, and I have $3700 lying around. Maybe I should be part of the national news.

EDIT: Already sold. Maybe I can be the first dickhead to call in and tell how she's going too far.

Edited by santo=dorf