Soxfest 2008 Jan 25-27 PALMER HOUSE HILTON

watchtower41

Roll call time...

BTW for those of you that have not yet got tickets (not sure if they are sold-out) but whitesox.com just started selling Saturday/Sunday passes for $70 on whitesox.com this morning.

Friday is only open to hotel guests this year, and they also have this Premium Upgrade package (sold-out) that has several different perks not only for the fest itself with private autograph sessions and photos opps, but also includes an opportunity to watch Sox bp next year with patio party included.

So anyways... JAN 25, 26, 27 PALMER HOUSE HILTON Who is going? What package did you buy? Grabbed the hotel package for my sister and bro-in-law for thier Christmas gift, and also grabbed the upgrade for myself. :snow :gosox3:

Trying not to take it for granted that Swisher will be there, but hwo could he not resist this opportunity to introduce himself to some of the most hardcore and knowledgable fans in baseball... <_>

Nevertheless, a good chance to get Burls to sign some no-no memorabilia, Thome #500, hell, I still need a Dye 05 WS MVP ball. Looking forward to the weekend!!! Here's hoping we have one more deal we can celebrate before then!!

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 04:44 PM)
Weeeeeeee salute you!

If I was able to go and come home for this event, I would go and be brutal to Kenny Williams. To be honest, I'd rip him a new one and put on a show. by asking a question, getting back in line and humiliating him in the process. I'm not afraid of his "Stanford degree."

If I was able to go and come home for this event, I would go and be brutal to Kenny Williams. To be honest, I'd rip him a new one and put on a show. by asking a question, getting back in line and humiliating him in the process. I'm not afraid of his "Stanford degree."

Please.

I bet KW could make you cry. Seriously.

He reedemed himself a little more with the Swisher deal

Someone will take a shot at him, I've got no doubt about that.

All I ask is that somebody asks about the state of our farm system and scouting, whether we are going to draft the BEST player at #8 (not Jordan Danks) in the draft, and whether we are going to continue our push into Latin America.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 06:00 PM)
Please.

I bet KW could make you cry. Seriously.

He reedemed himself a little more with the Swisher deal

I'm sure KW could make me "cry." I would love to go at it with him in a war of words. I hope several Sox fans there ask difficult and smart questions to him just to embarass him. Yes, he made the Swisher deal, but nothing else has happened---yet.

Edited by The Beast

He would definitely embarrass pretty much anyone here if they tried to contest their baseball knowledge with him. No, they probably wouldn't cry, but everyone would think them an idiot. I hope one of you dolts asks him some of those questions. Well, part of me hopes you realize you're far outmatched too.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(max power @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)
He would definitely embarrass pretty much anyone here if they tried to contest their baseball knowledge with him. No, they probably wouldn't cry, but everyone would think them an idiot. I hope one of you dolts asks him some of those questions. Well, part of me hopes you realize you're far outmatched too.

Outmatched by who? Some stupid old farts and some people who have to rag on somone for an unpopular opinion? Please. I hope someone rips him a new asshole. It would be so glorious.

QUOTE(max power @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 08:11 PM)

You've got to be kidding me. Of course this doesn't surprise me comming from a poster who would actually eat human flesh (young infants at that) before he passes. No offense of course, but I guess it's your opinion of a smart/casual fan's lack of knowledge.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
Instead of "tearing him a new asshole" I hope our fans show they have some working knowledge of game, and take full advantage of having the chance to ask any question to one of the most powerful people in the organization.

Good luck with this.

I for the record, will not be at Soxfest. Thx.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 09:10 PM)
Outmatched by who? Some stupid old farts and some people who have to rag on somone for an unpopular opinion? Please. I hope someone rips him a new asshole. It would be so glorious.

By Kenny Williams, obviously. That's who that Q&A thread suggests you confront.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
You've got to be kidding me. Of course this doesn't surprise me comming from a poster who would actually eat human flesh (young infants at that) before he passes. No offense of course, but I guess it's your opinion of a smart/casual fan's lack of knowledge.

Compared to the general manager the far above average fan would still look like an idiot saying those things. Please tell me how I'm wrong. I made no claims about myself and what I know, only what kenny knows about baseball.

Edited by max power

QUOTE(The Beast @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)
I'm sure KW could make me "cry." I would love to go at it with him in a war of words. I hope several Sox fans there ask difficult and smart questions to him just to embarass him. Yes, he made the Swisher deal, but nothing else has happened---yet.

Did you miss the last few months or something? When the team got a new starting shortstop, starting LF, future 2B/CF, experienced set-up guy, and removed a whole list of dead wood (Erstad, Pods, Gonzalez, Cintron, Myers, Phillips, etc.)? And that's in addition to the Swisher deal? And the rookies that got their start in late 2007 who will be given a chance to be core guys on the team in 2008 (Fields, Owens, Richar, Wassermann)?

I can understand not liking some of the moves. But you really aren't going to be taken seriously if you think "nothing else has happened". The team is dramatically different, and there will probably be multiple other moves yet to come before April 1st (like for Uribe, Crede, maybe others).

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)
Did you miss the last few months or something? When the team got a new starting shortstop, starting LF, future 2B/CF, experienced set-up guy, and removed a whole list of dead wood (Erstad, Pods, Gonzalez, Cintron, Myers, Phillips, etc.)? And that's in addition to the Swisher deal? And the rookies that got their start in late 2007 who will be given a chance to be core guys on the team in 2008 (Fields, Owens, Richar, Wassermann)?

I can understand not liking some of the moves. But you really aren't going to be taken seriously if you think "nothing else has happened". The team is dramatically different, and there will probably be multiple other moves yet to come before April 1st (like for Uribe, Crede, maybe others).

Um, what he said! yeah, that's it!

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 12:43 PM)

I liked his moves and I have been around for them. I just think that there is more that should be done before Opening day. What will happen to Joe Crede? Juan Uribe? Our rotation? Things are still unresolved.

Look, we had a lot of people who want to take shots at Kenny Williams in that thread. I was just seeing who would "have the balls" (for lack of a better phrase) to take shots at him.

Right now nobody is going to touch Crede with a 5 foot pole, until he shows that he is completely healthy. That may not be until ST.

Uribe was IMHO a mistake, re-signing him. The only logic I can see now is if he thought he could trade him for something, but right now that doesn't look like it's going to be the case.

I don't want to pay $4.5M for a utility IF who puts up a sub .300 OBP in most occasions.

That's 1 move, where I would like to see how he defends the re-signing. Did he know that he would acquire Cabrera soon after? If so, why re-sign Uribe for that price if you're going to be stuck with him?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 05:00 PM)
Right now nobody is going to touch Crede with a 5 foot pole, until he shows that he is completely healthy. That may not be until ST.

Uribe was IMHO a mistake, re-signing him. The only logic I can see now is if he thought he could trade him for something, but right now that doesn't look like it's going to be the case.

I don't want to pay $4.5M for a utility IF who puts up a sub .300 OBP in most occasions.

That's 1 move, where I would like to see how he defends the re-signing. Did he know that he would acquire Cabrera soon after? If so, why re-sign Uribe for that price if you're going to be stuck with him?

No, he didn't know he would acquire Cabrera at that point. In fact, after signing Uribe, the Angels told KW that they were planning on offering Cabrera to him until he signed Uribe, thinking that KW wouldn't be interested after the signing. Of course, KW still had ears to hear, so to speak.

QUOTE(The Beast @ Jan 9, 2008 -> 03:59 PM)

Anywho who asks some of those questions is wasting an opportunity to ask an actual question and pick the brain of some people with a ton of experience. The majority of those questions are just stupid.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 09:50 PM)
Anywho who asks some of those questions is wasting an opportunity to ask an actual question and pick the brain of some people with a ton of experience. The majority of those questions are just stupid.

Oh yeah? I happen to think our GM is stupid. How about that?

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jan 10, 2008 -> 09:44 PM)
No, he didn't know he would acquire Cabrera at that point. In fact, after signing Uribe, the Angels told KW that they were planning on offering Cabrera to him until he signed Uribe, thinking that KW wouldn't be interested after the signing. Of course, KW still had ears to hear, so to speak.

That's interesting....I had not read that yet.

Makes me wonder what took them so long considering the date we had to make a decision on Uribe was pretty well known, as well as the fact that Kenny stated he was exploring all kinds of solutions to the ss problem prior to him resigning Juan.

One other thing to remember is that if Kenny did not resign Juan, it takes a bit of leverage from his position. It'd be tougher to trade for a ss if every other GM knew full-well you had no internal options...

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Which day is the KW/Ozzie/Hawk question-fest? I'm assuming Swisher will be onstage as well. That's what I want to be at. I believe it's on the Saturday, yes?

finally back to the topic at hand... kind of.

None of the seminar or autograph booth schedules have been released yet, I'd hope for a press release sometime next week.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jan 11, 2008 -> 11:36 AM)
Which day is the KW/Ozzie/Hawk question-fest? I'm assuming Swisher will be onstage as well. That's what I want to be at. I believe it's on the Saturday, yes?

In the past players have not been there for that one. It's usually 6pm on Friday, 1pm on Saturday, and 10am on Sunday.