2008 AL Central Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jan 26, 2008 -> 11:10 PM)
for once, the Twins spend some money! and keep my favorite player, Michael Cuddyer, for 3 possiblly 4 years!

wee!

So who are the Twins planning on having play CF this year Jim? I saw something that said Gardenhire thought about putting Cuddyer out there (which would be scary was hell), and I just don't see many options. Are they still planning on whoever they'd get back in a Johan deal?

Because other than that, the Twins look like a very underrated team going into the season, especially if Liriano can return to atleast a halfway decent form.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 02:16 AM)
So who are the Twins planning on having play CF this year Jim? I saw something that said Gardenhire thought about putting Cuddyer out there (which would be scary was hell), and I just don't see many options. Are they still planning on whoever they'd get back in a Johan deal?

Because other than that, the Twins look like a very underrated team going into the season, especially if Liriano can return to atleast a halfway decent form.

I thought the human baseball bat trebuche DYoung was going to play CF?

The most logical thing is to have Delmon in RF, Cuddy in LF, this Pridie guy that we got in the Delmon trade in CF and Kubel/Monroe platoon DH.

Then again, in the Johan proposed trades, they might get a CFer so I think right now, its just guesswork.

I think the Cuddy in CF thing was just Gardenhire throwing things out there.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jan 27, 2008 -> 06:47 PM)
The most logical thing is to have Delmon in RF, Cuddy in LF, this Pridie guy that we got in the Delmon trade in CF and Kubel/Monroe platoon DH.

Then again, in the Johan proposed trades, they might get a CFer so I think right now, its just guesswork.

I think the Cuddy in CF thing was just Gardenhire throwing things out there.

any chance Cuddyer moves back to 3B?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
any chance Cuddyer moves back to 3B?

What would they tell Mike Lamb?

atleast they have someone there now .. even I felt bad that they had to play Jeff Cirillo there ew

I dont think Cuddyer wants to move back to third. From what I remember, the idea was toyed with last year (along with playing Mauer at 1B for a few games) but was shot down

This year, you might see Mauer at 1b for a few games. I guess he is going to put in some work at spring training for that scenerio

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 02:48 PM)
I dont think Cuddyer wants to move back to third. From what I remember, the idea was toyed with last year (along with playing Mauer at 1B for a few games) but was shot down

This year, you might see Mauer at 1b for a few games. I guess he is going to put in some work at spring training for that scenerio

Why would you spend all that money to re-sign Morneau then try moving Mauer to 1b? If he needs time off more often, DH him.

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ Jan 30, 2008 -> 04:48 PM)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Don't you know the Toby Hall rule about catchers playing first base!?!?!?!?

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Feb 12, 2008 -> 10:21 AM)
Foxsports reports that the Twins have signed Livan Hernandez.

This really isn't that big a deal, except for the fact that they listed his age as 33. No chance in hell he's under 40!

I dunno.

I'd say 36 or 37.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

interesting note in the LA Times this morning. The '31 Yankees scored what is still a record 1067 runs...yet lost the pennant to Philadelphia, whose pitching staff had an ERA under 4. It was in a discussion about the Tigers, whom they don't see winning the division.

They also argue that the white sox are the next SF Giants, who failed to rebuild and are destined to be one of the league's worst teams for some years to come.