2008 AL Central Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Benchwarmerjim @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 11:26 AM)
there was an article in the St. Paul Pioneer Press yesterday that had the Assistant General Manager say basically the Twins have to make room for Liriano because he had done all he can in Rochester

http://www.twincities.com/twins/ci_9899665?nclick_check=1

From the stuff I'm seeing, he's actually starting to get pissed off that he's still down there. According to news just out today, Liriano has contacted the union about pursuing a grievance against the Twins for keeping him in AAA, because he feels like they may be doing so just to delay the onset of his arb/FA years. He's 7-0 with a 2.73 ERA in his last 9 starts and his fastball is back.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
From the stuff I'm seeing, he's actually starting to get pissed off that he's still down there. According to news just out today, Liriano has contacted the union about pursuing a grievance against the Twins for keeping him in AAA, because he feels like they may be doing so just to delay the onset of his arb/FA years. He's 7-0 with a 2.73 ERA in his last 9 starts and his fastball is back.

No way! First time I've heard about Liriano filing a grievance... :P

I hate Todd Jones!!!

He is up 5, he gives up 4.

He is up 3, he gives up 2.

Tonight, up 2, loads the bases with one out, and only gives up one...

This guy throws junk almost as bad as Borowski, and he keeps getting saves...

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 12:03 PM)

I think he's going to crack the starting rotation and could be a huge boost to a team that's already playing out of their minds.

you know, for as much love the Twins get for plugging along and keep on winning, the White Sox gets NO love. I dont understand why. If you listened to ESPN, the Twins are 15 games up on first place and the Tigers are right there ready for a strong second half. Yet, the Tigers are sort of buried right now and the Twins are running in place with the Sox. (how many days has it been has it been the the Twins have been 3 games or less behind the Sox? I looked it up, its been the last 22 games dating back to June 21)

anyway, I should post this in the Sox forum, but whatever. Your team gets a tip of the hat from me

now go on a losing streak! :P

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 08:17 AM)
It's two fold.

1.ESPN doesn't like being wrong. All they did was hype up the Tigers and Indians to start the season, with the Sox in a distant 4th. If they have to be wrong, they hope it's for a good story, aka, the Rays.

2.The Sox are boring to an outsider. I think the general public is bored of Ozzie, and outside of that, there isn't much of a draw. Danks first name John and not Joba, so he's out, Jermaine is incredibly boring to a national audience apparently, and since Quentin wasn't a former heroine addict, he isn't as good as other outfielders.....

Not too mention BA is communist.

Speaking of home road splits. I did some looking into the schedule as much as I hate to do that for a few reasons. 1. I like to just watch the games as they come and not look too ahead. 2. I think it jinxes the White Sox when I do, I don't have any backup to the jinx, just a superstition.

Anyways I did some splits with the Twins and White Sox and this is what I got. After the Twins series with the Rangers and the White Sox series with the Royals.

The Twins have 28 home games and 36 road games. They play 31 against teams over .500 and 33 against teams under .500. The White Sox play 33 home games (1 in progress against the Orioles that'll be made up) and 32 road games. They play 39 against teams over .500 and 26 against teams under .500.

Watching Minnesota like I always do, they're saying Morneau is being snubbed because Hamilton got all the attention during and after the derby, and Morneau was an after thought even though he won it.

For goodness sakes, Hamilton hit 28 homers in 1 round, plus his comeback story is worthy enough of all the recognition.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 20, 2008 -> 01:48 PM)
Watching Minnesota like I always do, they're saying Morneau is being snubbed because Hamilton got all the attention during and after the derby, and Morneau was an after thought even though he won it.

For goodness sakes, Hamilton hit 28 homers in 1 round, plus his comeback story is worthy enough of all the recognition.

I heard that too. Its like, who really cares who won. Hamilton put on the greatest performance EVER in the home run derby, every one could care less who actually won.

Twins get all the calls. Looks like the Yankees gunned the 2nd run down at the plate. You can even see the runners finger move from getting hit with the glove. However, the ump was in horrible position and missed it.

2-2 Bottom 2.

Edit:

Blackburn out after 1 2/3. 6-2 Yankees, still bottom 2 with 2 men on and 2 out.

Edited by chimpy2121