2008 AL Central Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, Sheets for the Brew Crew, Slowey for the Twins. It will be a tough game. Slowey is Blyleven-like in his HR rate it seems :lol: The Brewers are not a good fit for him.

Michael Cuddyer is going to be out for a while. He has been playing with an injured finger, and it finally got to him last night. I guess his last at bat, he was swing with one hand (still got a single). He is not on the DL, but my hunch is that he will go on there. Alexi Casilla also has sore fingers after he slid into a base last night, but its not expected to be serious.

BTW, what you saw tonight is a typical Livan game. But the offense was a no show tonight so he gets tagged with the loss

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 12:17 PM)
Maggs to the 15 day DL

That could help a bit.

I caught the tail end of the highlight on ESPN where he hurt himself, and it looked like he did it while turning over his shoulder to look at the ball while running towards the wall(a rockies player hit a double over his head). Seemed like an odd muscle to pull given the play

Edited by kyyle23

Thank God our division is done playing the NL now. What a freaking joke that league is, AAA quality teams all over the place. We just need to win tonight and be glad interleague is over, because we have a solid record and have still lost a decent amount of ground.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 29, 2008 -> 08:54 PM)
Thank God our division is done playing the NL now. What a freaking joke that league is, AAA quality teams all over the place. We just need to win tonight and be glad interleague is over, because we have a solid record and have still lost a decent amount of ground.

Of the top 4 teams in the month of June, I believe 3 of them were the Tigers/Twins/Royals. The fact we're still in first is pretty impressive.

Twins placed outfielder Michael Cuddyer on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to June 28, with a strained tendon in his left index finger.

Cuddyer will likely attempt a return immediately after the break, though since the finger has already been bothering him for a couple of weeks, it may not be quite that simple. Denard Span will get most of the playing time in his place, with Craig Monroe also picking up a few at-bats.

I'll say this, I respect the hell out of the Twins and if there was another team that wins the division I'd prefer it to be Minnesota as opposed to Detroit. Plus I think Minnesota is a worse team than Detroit (talent wise). But again, they've been worse before and won the division.

Either way, its gonna be a hell of a race the 2nd half of the season.

Tigers take a 5-4 lead with 2 runs in the 8th off of Guerrier. I don't really care about a sweep, I'm more or less just hoping that the two teams split the rest of their series and the Sox keep winning. If the Sox can go into the ASB with say a 4-5 game lead, you are feeling pretty comfortable.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 30, 2008 -> 11:08 PM)
Zumaya's stuff looks a little mediocre...he can still run the fastball up there, but its at about 95-98 rather than 99-102. And the only breaking ball I've seen him throw he ung right over the middle of the plate

im pretty surprised hes being tossed in closing already