2008 AL Central Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 02:33 AM)
Tribe will never win a World Series with Borowski as their closer.

borowski to the dl today with a strained triceps.

in his absence, the indian pen coughed up yet another lead in the ninth.

it really is amazing how a bad bullpen can just kill a team.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 09:25 PM)
borowski to the dl today with a strained triceps.

in his absence, the indian pen coughed up yet another lead in the ninth.

it really is amazing how a bad bullpen can just kill a team.

they gots problems.....now betancourt moves from set up to closer...jensen lewis looked a bit shaky and still can't really be trusted...and kobayashi is an untested rookie ....this leaves alot of question marks in their pen

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 16, 2008 -> 02:34 AM)
they gots problems.....now betancourt moves from set up to closer...jensen lewis looked a bit shaky and still can't really be trusted...and kobayashi is an untested rookie ....this leaves alot of question marks in their pen

and betancourt was bad in his first attempt at closing. hence, the jobo experience.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)

jensen lewis didn't look shaky at all, he K'd two hitters with a really nice 2-seamer on the outside corner, and tek hit a solo shot off a very well located pitch outside and down, tek just went oppo with it and had enough to get it over the wall

lewis looked pretty damn good IMO

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 15, 2008 -> 09:37 PM)
jensen lewis didn't look shaky at all, he K'd two hitters with a really nice 2-seamer on the outside corner, and tek hit a solo shot off a very well located pitch outside and down, tek just went oppo with it and had enough to get it over the wall

lewis looked pretty damn good IMO

i didnt see the game but he also gave up a single to crisp, a double to pedroia, and an RBI single to Youkilis after the IBB to manny...maybe he looked good stuff wise..but 4 hits in the top of the 9th, two for extra bases, aren't gonna do it...its nothing against him, i know him personally from college...i just dont think hes the guy you wanna count on late in the games just yet

man, this is going to be an exciting april/may and probably june for sox fans, we're 9-5 (amazing) and aren't really hitting the ball like i'd like us to be (Konk, where art thou?)

with that said, we're 9 and friggin 5 and i'm thrilled about that, but at the same time... i dunno about anyone here but every day i feel as if i'm waiting for the train to derail and all of the sudden we start slipping to 2nd, then 3rd then maybe further in the standings. maybe it's because 2007 was so BRUTAL that i'll probably never be completely confident in this team until all 162 games are played. does anyone else have that false sense of security with this team, so far besides me? it's different than in 05, we were just dominating everyone and had a pretty nice lead at the end of april, but this year we have KC and even the Twins not too far behind us

go sox

Leyland has switched Guillen and Cabrera in the infield, with Guillen switching to third base and Cabrera to first (apparently on a permanent basis). This certainly diminishes Cabrera's value some. A change in position was bound to happen but I didn't think it'd be so soon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=2681

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ Apr 23, 2008 -> 08:20 AM)
Leyland has switched Guillen and Cabrera in the infield, with Guillen switching to third base and Cabrera to first (apparently on a permanent basis). This certainly diminishes Cabrera's value some. A change in position was bound to happen but I didn't think it'd be so soon.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...MLB&id=2681

Leyland must not of watched the Sunday Night broadcast versus us when Joe Morgan said he thought Guillen would be a gold glove 1B all night. Still not sure what he based that on.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 25, 2008 -> 08:01 AM)
What does his velocity look like, and are they letting him throw the slider?

I didn't see him yesterday, and he was only in for two outs, so not many people did. When I watched his previous two outings, iirc, his velocity was so-so, low 90s generally. One report of yesterday: "Liriano threw 35 pitches, but only 15 were strikes. His fastball began in the high 80s, gradually approached the mid-90s several batters into the game, and rarely approached the plate." They are letting him throw a slider, but it sure as hell ain't THE slider. Not yet, anyway.

Man, Granderson is what a lead off man should look like. Cleveland and Detroit are very fortunate to have very good lead off men. He just homered to give the Tigers the lead , ball probably went 420 ft ..it was a rope.