2008 AL Central Catch-All Thread

knightni

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 30, 2008 -> 10:58 PM)
Why, what happened?

just after he got done ripping his teammates a new one...he went on and on about how its not hillmans fault and how hillman busts his ass every day trying to make the club better

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 3, 2008 -> 01:44 AM)
I just saw something amazing. Twins had a guy on 3rd with 1 out, and they Delmon Young got him in with a hit the other way. Unreal.

Twins hitters are starting to pick it up. It would be nice for the Sox to play a good series against them this wknd.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 2, 2008 -> 07:44 PM)
I just saw something amazing. Twins had a guy on 3rd with 1 out, and they Delmon Young got him in with a hit the other way. Unreal.

that is amazing. Delmon Young hasnt been able to do much of anything this year

This may be old news, but I hadn't seen it before and I'm not gonna try to search for it. From Joel Zumaya's wikipedia page:

In Guitar Hero 2, the final lines in the credits reads: "No pitchers were harmed during the making of this game. Except one. Joel Zumaya. He had it coming."

:lol:

Is this our year?

Jake Westbrook is expected to undergo Tommy John surgery and miss the rest of the season. The AL Central is down two quality starting pitchers in one day. Westbrook, who had a 3.12 ERA in five starts, will be replaced by Jeremy Sowers in the rotation until Fausto Carmona gets back. He'll probably miss the first two or three months of 2009.

Tigers placed RHP Jeremy Bonderman on the 15-day disabled list due to a blood clot of the axillary vein.

Bonderman had a surgery similar to the one Aaron Cook had two years ago and figures to miss the rest of the season. It's a big blow to the Tigers' chances, though it's not like Bonderman was looking like an ace this season. Armando Galarraga can return to the rotation as his replacement.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...B&hl=240247

Edited by RME JICO

QUOTE (RME JICO @ Jun 7, 2008 -> 12:55 PM)

the division is ours for the taking....the tigers cant pitch and the indians cant hit....also the indians starting pitching is starting to regress to the mean (at least guys like lee and laffey are) and they also have no bullpen.....long term i still dont think the twins have what it takes....

objectively, we have the pitching, and actually have about a league average offense that figures to get better, with a great pen

we have as good of a shot at winning this division as any team in baseball has at winning their division, with the exception of the cubs IMO