Least favorite Sox players

Marky Mark

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JFields27 @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 11:36 PM)
Podsednik

Willie Harris

D'Angelo Jimenez

Wells

Erye

Marte

Tom Gordon

Graffanino(ew)

Jerry Manuel(are we allowed to hate the manager)

How anyone could possibly hate these three is beyond comprehension. You have problems. Get help.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 12, 2008 -> 07:20 PM)
How anyone could possibly hate these three is beyond comprehension. You have problems. Get help.

damn already with the shots? calm down there

its 3 players that you like, its 3 players i dislike .. Gordon was great statwise for his one season here, I just do not like him how can you fall in love with him for his one season here. The title says favorite sox players .. not favorite sox players that you like because he was a great player in Boston.

Willie i reallly liked when he was coming up, but I thought he would have become a stud and be our 2B for a while, but after a while I just realized what he would become

Graffanino I just always thought of that guy as a jackass

dont tell me that I have problems cause you tend to like 3 guys on my list .. why dont you let us look at your list .. do we have the right to rip you apart(not saying im being ripped apart couldnt care its just a list) because some people like players your hate

Edited by JFields27

I won't even say his name, but a certain closer we got from the A's with a stupid-ass beard. GOD that guy infuriated me.

I've never been a big Crazy Carl guy, but I don't think he belongs on my MOST hated list. He was around at the right time.

There are plenty of bad players who I didnt like having them on the team but cant say i hated them or anything. Actually, my least favorite player might just be Paul Konerko. I have just never really cared for him. That being said, he is a whitesox so i cheer for him and I became a diehard fan after Wells/Navarro so they are out of the equation for me.

Some players sucked because they just sucked or got too old to be productive. I don't dislike those guys because it was just not case of not giving a s***. Look at Koch, for example. He was bad but he was man enough to say he was sucking and he did his best. Navarro would give up 10 runs and complain about the lack of offensive support. f*** him and any like him.

If someone was on this team that didn't produce but they gave the effort and had the right attitude, I can't dislike a person like that. Hell, if I put on the softball uniforms the Sox wore in the early 80's and tried to perform on that stage, I would have majorly sucked. That doesn't mean I wouldn't have given 110% to make the Sox a winning team. I can't hold the fact someone sucked just because they didn't have the talent agianst them. If they gave their all, I appreciate them.

Edited by YASNY

Currently on the team, if I had to pick anyone it'd be Juan Uribe.

And that's because I think he has a lot of talent, and he's wasted it. I don't think he's ever applied himself fully at practice, and he won't make any beneficial changes to his swing. And for $4.5M for this upcoming season, I think that's a big waste of money.

From the past, Royce Clayton would probably be up there.

Claudell Washington

He had a lot of talent but just played lazy (or looked like it anyway). 17 errors in RF over about 2 years, and those are balls he got to. There had to be a ball per game than anyone else would have caught but he would loaf and take it on a bounce. Selfish at the plate, he hit 2nd most of '79 and accumulated 2, count 'em, sacrafice bunts. It was all about Claudell, and it always looked like he wanted to be anywhere in the world except Chicago.

30 years ago and it still bothers me.

My greatgrandmother was a huge sox fan and I remember her always hating Ozzie,Joey Cora(as players).She always yelled at Ozzie for swinging at the first pitch and she called Cora a goofball everytime they showed him on the tv.I wonder what she would have thought of them if she seen the 05 WS?

QUOTE(TLAK @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 08:05 AM)
Claudell Washington

He had a lot of talent but just played lazy (or looked like it anyway). 17 errors in RF over about 2 years, and those are balls he got to. There had to be a ball per game than anyone else would have caught but he would loaf and take it on a bounce. Selfish at the plate, he hit 2nd most of '79 and accumulated 2, count 'em, sacrafice bunts. It was all about Claudell, and it always looked like he wanted to be anywhere in the world except Chicago.

30 years ago and it still bothers me.

Now that you mention it, I agree with you. Washington always appeared to be dogging it.