Least favorite Sox players

Marky Mark

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jan 13, 2008 -> 03:45 PM)
I reserve that for John Starks

To be honest, I thought about that. But his tenure was so short that I don't truly count him.

I'd rather deal with John Starks for one week than deal with Ben Wallace and his one game every two weeks that he shows up. I swear to God, when its obvious Big Ben has decided to take a shot, I cringe. I don't know how someone can be around the game of basketball as much as he is and still be completely inept around the opposing team's basket.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Wells. Slimy piece of worm-ridden filth.

Came to Chicago, didn't take care of himself, underperformed, then went back to the Bronx and dominated. Got pwned by Iguchi in Game 2 of the ALDS, though.

I go back to about the '82 season. A lot of players had their ups and downs but none sucked so badly and was a bigger jackass than Jaime Navarro. His tenure on the south side still sticks in my craw. Honorable mention goes to Tony Phillips (good call by a couple posters).

As a manager Terry Boom Boom Bevington is in the same camp, although I did not care much for Gene Lamont either. I still remember him saving a banged up Thomas for the 1993 World Series before the pennant was wrapped up.

I am surprised I did not catch any Todd Ritchie votes. Maybe I missed it but he was really craptastic.

I hold grudges against people, it's that simple. So lets see:

Mark Johnson-sucked with the Sox and he's out of baseball. Why don't I like him? He refused to sign my baseball at Kid's Day.

Jim Parque-We were asking for autographs after a game one day and we identified him near his car. His skank-face wife told him to sign but instead he just got in the car. It's a good thing he got roughed up in his start that day, we booed him the whole day. It was great.

Todd Ritchie-It was one of those years when the Sox picked up some veteran pitcher to fill the void. What was his record? 5-18? I'm glad they shut him down for the rest of that season.

Surprisingly, I have no problem with David Wells or Billy Koch. I was more nervous when Shingo came in than Koch. But I guess I get nervous no matter who is closing out the game.

There are many..

PAST: Navarro, Koch, Rick White, Royce Clayton... but the one guy i couldn't stand was Sandy Alomar Jr. He came along to the Sox in 2001 a year after we won the AL Central in 2000 and he just couldnt handle the rotation. He was on the Sox from 2001-2004. In 2005 we won the World Series, see a pattern here? Than they went and replaced the Widge with Alomar Jr in 2006 and yes once again they missed the playoffs. Sandy Alomar Jr was the anti-playoff catcher.

2007 disaster team: Andy Gonzales, Darin Erstad, Scotty Pods, Ryan Bukvich, Luis Terrero, David Aardsma, Nick Masset, Andy Sisco, Mike Myers.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jan 14, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
2007 disaster team: Andy Gonzales, Darin Erstad, Scotty Pods, Ryan Bukvich, Luis Terrero, David Aardsma, Nick Masset, Andy Sisco, Mike Myers.

Here's to me hoping that we'll never see any of these caliber players again. Although, I did like Aardsma at first and I still think Masset and Sisco might have something very small to offer.

Put me down for Tony Graffanino as well. I know he is well loved by most, but I hated it when he came into the game. It was probably just bad luck on my part, but whenever he would pinch hit he would fail miserably. I also can’t recall the details, but he screwed up a double play against the cubs once that pissed me off. Hey, he might be a great guy, but that is how I feel. I liked him much better when he was booting balls for the red sox to give Iguchi the chance to be the hero in the only playoff game I’ve been able to attend in person.

Royce Clayton the weak hitting clubhouse cancer.

Mike Jackson for sucking and not putting Hunter on his ass after Burke was run over

Jesus Pena - We kept hearing about his damm changeup and he was total garbage, king of blowing a lead in middle relief or letting the other team add to thier lead

Alan Embree - Yeah, he threw lefthanded and 96, but it was straight as an arrow, he was the epitome of a gas can

Ruben Sierra - he was terrible when he was here, and then he gets better the older he gets, what was up with that?

Charlie O'Brien used to piss me off with that god awful grey chest protector

Bryan Ward and his sideburns was pretty bad as well.

What is up with all these failed lefthanders?

It's usually been guys we acquire who really sucked right off the bat.

Royce Clayton was my No. 1.

Kenny Lofton.

Really don't like the ex-Royals, Sisco and Mac.

Didn't like Bevington (manger obviously not a player).

Not a big fan of the Alomars when they played for the Sox.

Jerks

David Wells

Jamie Navarro

Tony Phillips, idk I just didn't like him that much.

Because of the way they looked on their baseball cards

Dan Pasqua

Ron Karkovice

Mike LaValliere

Charlie O'Brien

Because I was hoping better of them

Chris Sabo

Danny Tartabull

Ruben Sierra

More Catchers

Mark Johnson

Brooke Fordyce

Josh Paul

Charlie O'Brien played for the sox the first part of 1998, i think he was the first White Sox Catcher to wear the Hockey style catcher's mask.

God, Mike Bertotti, Todd Rizzo, Pat Daneker, Chris Clemons, Nelson Cruz, why do i still remember these names, for some reason i still have a Larry Thomas card hanging on my bulletin board. It has been there so long, i think it would be illegal to take it down!