Your Least Favorite Commercial

jasonxctf

thought this would be a fun topic... Top 2 contenders for me are

1) US Cellular with the college girl talking about how some sales rep at US Cellular helps her Dad read his mail. Reminds me of the story where Philip Morris donated $10 million to charity and then spent $100 million advertising the fact that they donated $10 million to charity.

2) That Kia commercial where the guy dances to "maniac on the dance floor" and then gets water poured on him at the end. There is some creepy about a guy doing a pelvic thrust at a Kia Sophia.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every Entertainment Tonite, Access Hollywood, TMZ.com commercial ever aired. EVAR!!11!

There should be an offshoot thread about which commercials you miss the most (Emerald Nuts with Goulet, The Snickers commercial where the guys tear the hair out of their chests, etc.)

QUOTE(shipps @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 10:25 AM)
I hate all radio commercials!They are horrible!Tell them about the discount Harry.Tell them about the discount Harry.Harry...tell them about the discount.Awful!!!!

You know you want a Sunsetter retractable awning.

Gramps.

:D

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 10:29 AM)
Any Sonic commercial with the bald guy in glasses--just hate those commercials. Plus, there isn't a Sonic within 300 miles on me.

HA the Sonic commercials don't annoy me too much, but I always say the same thing to my friends. I've never seen a Sonic or Jack in the Box, yet I always see their ads. WTF.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 09:29 AM)
You know you want a Sunsetter retractable awning.

Gramps.

:D

Lol!Thats what that commercial is for. I couldnt even remember because everytime I hear it now I have to change the station.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 09:32 AM)
HA the Sonic commercials don't annoy me too much, but I always say the same thing to my friends. I've never seen a Sonic or Jack in the Box, yet I always see their ads. WTF.

Yeah, there are no Sonics in our area at all....That being said it seems like they are everywhere in other states Ive been too. Their food is honestly pretty crappy in my opinion... although its something different from your normal fast food place. Same with Jack in the Box, except I actually dont mind them.... Its weird that we dont have either in our area.

any ford commercial with the this is our country song by mellencamp....radio ones are horrid....i dunno if its a sports clips commercial or something on the radio but they have like just average people singing a song "walk right in...sit right down...yada yada"...same as the 1-877 cars for kids commercials god they are so annoying...

haha i used to absolutely detest the sonic commercials, but for some reason now i just laugh at how horrendous they are and think they are kind of funny....btw sonic does suck

as for the all time bests...though they were internet fads and i never really saw them on tv

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 02:57 PM)
The Coors Beer commercials with the press conferences.

Yes yes! They're unfunny and completely uncreative.

The scary thing is, I've been at 'bar' type places where those commercials run on Sundays, and they usually draw several laughs from the audience. They're trying to completely ruin the Green and Mora tirades.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 08:53 AM)
any ford commercial with the this is our country song by mellencamp....radio ones are horrid....i dunno if its a sports clips commercial or something on the radio but they have like just average people singing a song "walk right in...sit right down...yada yada"...same as the 1-877 cars for kids commercials god they are so annoying...

There's clearly some issue with their advertising, as it's Chevy with that Mellencamp song.

I didn't get them back in Chicago, but the Jack-in-the-Box commercials just drive me nuts. Burger King has been annoying me for like a year also.

QUOTE(juddling @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 10:44 AM)
I know the Sonic discussion has come up here from time to time, but when i lived in Carbondale...i LOVED Sonic!!!!!!

Everytime i see the commercial my wife and i wish they were in chicagoland

Im with you man, I used to get a large Cherry Limeaid at least once a day when I was working at Quatros

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 10:54 AM)
Yes yes! They're unfunny and completely uncreative.

The scary thing is, I've been at 'bar' type places where those commercials run on Sundays, and they usually draw several laughs from the audience. They're trying to completely ruin the Green and Mora tirades.

The thing that really bugs me about these commercials is I think they could be funny if a little more thought was put into it.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jan 16, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)

They're a southern thing... you damn yankees. :D