Sweet Vancouver

Mathew

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Is it just me or are the Olympics not such a big deal anymore? It's been every 4 years for the longest time and now with the summer and winter staggered it's basically every 2 years. The Olympics don't have enough interesting sports to me and the awful tv coverage doesn't help.

Yeah, that's pretty cool. Is it just me or are the Olympics not such a big deal anymore? It's been every 4 years for the longest time and now with the summer and winter staggered it's basically every 2 years. The Olympics don't have enough interesting sports to me and the awful tv coverage doesn't help.

I'm in Canada, so winter means hockey, which is huge. I don't watch U.S. coverage, because it's brutal, but I can still watch CBC and bleed maple syrop for a few weeks. I'm pumped for this one cause I know quite a few National team alpine and nordic skiers, and some sledding folks, so I hope I am able to cheer for them in their own country. I agree though, that it was bigger before they staggered the two.

I'm in Canada, so winter means hockey, which is huge.  I don't watch U.S. coverage, because it's brutal, but I can still watch CBC and bleed maple syrop for a few weeks.  I'm pumped for this one cause I know quite a few National team alpine and nordic skiers, and some sledding folks, so I hope I am able to cheer for them in their own country.  I agree though, that it was bigger before they staggered the two.

If the Olympics had better coverage on tv, then I'd probably pay more attention. Hockey is decent, sometimes I watch. Olympic hockey, though, is awesome.

On a different note, the biggest thing to come out of Canada IMO is Kristin Kreuk. There's nothing wrong with that though. :D

If the Olympics had better coverage on tv, then I'd probably pay more attention. Hockey is decent, sometimes I watch. Olympic hockey, though, is awesome.

On a different note, the biggest thing to come out of Canada IMO is Kristin Kreuk. There's nothing wrong with that though. :D

Better TV coverage, the Olympics are practically the only thing televised on NBC during Olympic season.

As for Vancouver...I HATE the selection. No offense to Canada, but this totally screws New York's bid for 2012. The Olympic Committee hates looking like the West's b****, so the olympics in North America twice in a row won't happen.

All that work to Get the American bid for 2012 and America Jr. had to f*** things up!

j/k Mathew, Canada is not America Jr, just busting your chops :)

Better TV coverage, the Olympics are practically the only thing televised on NBC during Olympic season.

As for Vancouver...I HATE the selection. No offense to Canada, but this totally screws New York's bid for 2012. The Olympic Committee hates looking like the West's b****, so the olympics in North America twice in a row won't happen.

All that work to Get the American bid for 2012 and America Jr. had to f*** things up!

j/k Mathew, Canada is not America Jr, just busting your chops :)

I Vancouver hadn't won, then Korea would have and they'd have 2008 and 2010 in Asia, on the heels of the games in Nagano. That wouldn't be fair either. But we got these one's in large part, cause Toronto lost the summer ones twice in one decade. America jr. was due. It's a shame that the bids themselves don't mean s***, it's all about politics. South Korea doesn't even have a downhill facility, and they were 2 votes from victory.

As for the TV coverege, I watch NBC if I want to know what happened 12-24 hours earlier, we show it live here.

Furthermore oddly enough one of the most watched events of the last winter olympic's for audiances in US,Greece and Austrailia was curling. I figured Canada was the only country that even knew it was an olympic event.