Wow

clujer420

Wow.

What a past 36 hours it's been for Sox fans. First we fill our 2B hole with a future HOF'er. Then we obtain a powerful switch hitter to fill in our CF hole. Then we have a MAGNIFICENT victory to sweep our biggest division rival. I'm definitely feeling great about this team right now, and I'm so glad that we're finally playing well. I think most of us knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Now, when I first came to this board, it was during ST, and Frank had pretty good numbers. Everytime he'd do something, I'd tell all of the people who doubted him to ESAD (eat s*** and die). Well, we're in the first week in July, and I will again tell ALL of those who doubted Frank Thomas to EAT s*** AND DIE. To all those who said "he's done", :fyou . To all those who said "trade Thomas", :fyou . "Cancer", :fyou . "No bat speed", :fyou . Die. All of you who said any of those things. His HR last night to win the game was f***ing incredible, and was my top 3 or 4 Sox moments of the past 10 years. He's up to .287, 20 HR, 46 RBI, and with the offense of the team as a whole coming around, his RBI numbers are going to continue to increase. He's on pace for nearly 40 HR, and with the way he's been going the past 3 weeks, he could break his career high for HR's, which was 43 in 2000 (I believe). His average is creeping closer to .300, and he's #2 in the AL in walks (#3 in MLB). His OPS is 3rd in the AL (7th in MLB). "He's done" my ass. NEVER doubt Frank, because he's shown many times before that just when you think he's got nothin' left, he's got PLENTY left.

.500 never felt so good!

:headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

PS -- We CANNOT let TB surprise us and win the series. We MUST take AT LEAST 2 out of 3, and IMO anything less than a sweep is going to be a disappointment when you consider we're gonna have our top 3 guys on the mound for us vs. some guys from TB that I've never heard of, but winning the series is critical. Before the MIN series, I said we needed to go at least 2-1 against MIN, then at least 7-3 @ TB/CLE/DET. So far we're ahead of that pace -- hopefully we can keep the heat on KC and MIN and enter the AS break with the division lead.

PPS -- Jose Valentin + Roberto Alomar = the best DP duo in the game.

Guest JimH

This team is on a big time "feel good" roll. I think they clearly understand the importance of trashing teams like Tampa, Cleveland, Detroit, etc. The off day today lets them clear their heads, take a breather, and get set to storm into Tampa with a swagger.

This team is on a big time "feel good" roll.  I think they clearly understand the importance of trashing teams like Tampa, Cleveland, Detroit, etc.  The off day today lets them clear their heads, take a breather, and get set to storm into Tampa with a swagger.

Agree about the day off today being good. I was just thinking that, hehe. It will allow them to come down off of cloud 9 a bit and allow them to get back to the business at hand. Also, it will give Robbie and Carl a chance to get more comfy with their new team.

Agree about the day off today being good.  I was just thinking that, hehe.  It will allow them to come down off of cloud 9 a bit and allow them to get back to the business at hand.  Also, it will give Robbie and Carl a chance to get more comfy with their new team.

Anybody else wishing they could be a fly on the wall during that charter flight :huh: ?

Wow.

What a past 36 hours it's been for Sox fans.  First we fill our 2B hole with a future HOF'er.  Then we obtain a powerful switch hitter to fill in our CF hole.  Then we have a MAGNIFICENT victory to sweep our biggest division rival.  I'm definitely feeling great about this team right now, and I'm so glad that we're finally playing well.  I think most of us knew it was going to happen sooner or later.

Now, when I first came to this board, it was during ST, and Frank had pretty good numbers.  Everytime he'd do something, I'd tell all of the people who doubted him to ESAD (eat s*** and die).  Well, we're in the first week in July, and I will again tell ALL of those who doubted Frank Thomas to EAT s*** AND DIE.  To all those who said "he's done",  :fyou .  To all those who said "trade Thomas",  :fyou .  "Cancer",  :fyou .  "No bat speed",  :fyou .  Die.  All of you who said any of those things.  His HR last night to win the game was f***ing incredible, and was my top 3 or 4 Sox moments of the past 10 years.  He's up to .287, 20 HR, 46 RBI, and with the offense of the team as a whole coming around, his RBI numbers are going to continue to increase.  He's on pace for nearly 40 HR, and with the way he's been going the past 3 weeks, he could break his career high for HR's, which was 43 in 2000 (I believe).  His average is creeping closer to .300, and he's #2 in the AL in walks (#3 in MLB).  His OPS is 3rd in the AL (7th in MLB).  "He's done" my ass.  NEVER doubt Frank, because he's shown many times before that just when you think he's got nothin' left, he's got PLENTY left.

.500 never felt so good!

:headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang  :headbang

PS -- We CANNOT let TB surprise us and win the series.  We MUST take AT LEAST 2 out of 3, and IMO anything less than a sweep is going to be a disappointment when you consider we're gonna have our top 3 guys on the mound for us vs. some guys from TB that I've never heard of, but winning the series is critical.  Before the MIN series, I said we needed to go at least 2-1 against MIN, then at least 7-3 @ TB/CLE/DET.  So far we're ahead of that pace -- hopefully we can keep the heat on KC and MIN and enter the AS break with the division lead.

PPS -- Jose Valentin + Roberto Alomar = the best DP duo in the game.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

Agree on everything....including Robby A and Jose. That is going to kick some serious ass. We are finally a good team up the middle. We can kick some ass now.

Bad defense my ass