In the market for a new car

almagest

QUOTE(almagest @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
The Accord seems like a pretty good choice. I'm finding some nice ones in my price range. I was looking at a 2 door V6 Mercedes-Benz C320, which was a very nice car, but just thinking about the associated repair costs soon after purchase for a car with 56,000 miles on it makes me shudder.

There's some excellent advice in this thread. Thanks everyone!

Find cars with good service records. Not sure about your Benz, but I would confidently buy a Lexus or an Acura in that category. You can also buy an extended warranty to 100k if that makes you feel more at ease.

And FWIW, I know a guy that has a auto repair shop. He works on 4 makes only and specializes in BMW's. Probably 80% of his repairs are BMW's. I will say this. He is as busy as he wants to be. There is never a shortage of business.

Edited by Rex Hudler

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally bought a car last week. Did a hell of a lot of research. Ended up getting a blue '08 Ford Focus SE coupe. I like small cars, and for the Focus restyle caught my attention. Glad I got it.

Got it for invoice price + 2400 in rebates + free iphone. Price was like 13,800 on a ~17,000 car. McCarthy Ford on 114th and Pulaski seems to be a pretty solid dealer. Thanks for the advice everyone!