White Sox Payroll Resource

Kalapse

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reiny had mentioned that if he feels a player is available to help put us over the top, he will spend the extra cash. He also said if we get off to a great start, attendance will be high, meaning he will have even more means come the trade deadline! I'm guessing the team is the way it is right now with a great possibility of aqcuiring a HUGE bat at the deadline. A lot will depend on how Andruw Jones performs during the first half of the year. If he turns out to be the steal of the year, we keep our money and our farm! I would have to say the Sox are in pretty damn good shape right now! Good work Kalapse!!

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 20, 2010 -> 06:51 PM)
"My 2010 Offseason Wish List:

Adrian Gonzalez, BJ Upton, Carl Crawford, Adam Dunn, Johnny Damon Avenue

Current White Sox newbies

Mark Teahen, Omar Vizquel, Andruw Jones, JJ Putz, Juan Pierre. . ."

looks like someone was aiming a little too high :lol:

Or was a little too high...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

im suprised this hasn't been updated, but by my calculations, i think we have 19 guys at about $124 million as of right now factoring in the arb raises, the re-signs and free agent transactions. throw in the prearb guys in beckham, sale, morel, a 6th bullpen guy, a 4th OF and we are at $127-130 million. is this about right?

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Dec 16, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
im suprised this hasn't been updated, but by my calculations, i think we have 19 guys at about $124 million as of right now factoring in the arb raises, the re-signs and free agent transactions. throw in the prearb guys in beckham, sale, morel, a 6th bullpen guy, a 4th OF and we are at $127-130 million. is this about right?

My calculations have the White Sox committed at $108.85M to 16 players for 2011.

This includes: Buehrle (14M) + Peavy (16M) + Jackson (8.35M) + Floyd (5M) + Thornton (3M) + Crain (4M) + Castro (1.2M) + AJ (2M) + Vizquel (1.75M) + Viciedo (1.25M) + Ramirez (2.75M) + Konerko (12M) + Teahen (4.75M) + Rios (12M) + Pierre (8.5M) + Dunn (12M)

This does not include arbitration eligibility for Quentin (4.5M estimate), Danks (5.5M estimate), Pena (2.2M estimate).

This does not include team controlled salaries for Sale (400K estimate ), Morel (400K estimate), Santos (400K estimate), Lillibridge (400K estimate), Beckham (600K estimate), Gregor Infante/Internal Bullpen (400K estimate).

This includes the break even money coming in for Pierre (+3.5M) and the money going out for Linebrink (-3.5M).

2011 Payroll Commitments + Estimations = $123.35 (25 Players)

Edited by joeynach