SDOGPEIT

kapkomet

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
I've said it before (and I know you are an exception), but if you are not for her... you are against her.

well its because most people honestly aren't issues people. they vote based on likability. And yes, Obama rakes that one in. But for me, Hillary aligns more closely with the same issues that i supported Edwards for.

And since Edwards support has largely split down the middle - i think you'll see that trend continuing with the personality people going obama and the issues people going clinton

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:40 PM)
Huckabee is putting up one heck of a fight.

i still doubt he takes the nod, but yeah - he's knocked Romney out of the race for sure.

if he were to get it........... i THINK he'd be stompable, but i worry about how well he may be able to mobilize that good ole' religious right...

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:41 PM)
if he were to get it........... i THINK he'd be stompable, but i worry about how well he may be able to mobilize that good ole' religious right...

This is why I hate being an independent. I am a "moral" conservative but a "economic" liberal.

So, I dont support abortion, but I like universal health care.

So, i love Obama and some of his stands.... but on the other I love Huckabee and his strong Christian beliefs.

If Obama were not in the race, i'd lean huckabee.

David Plouffe, on a conference call just now, offered the Obama campaign's estimate of where they stand at this moment in terms of delegates.

"We are, in terms of delegates, ahead currently: about 606 to 534, in terms of pledged delegates awarded tonight," he said.

The Obama campaign's delegate guy, Jeff Berman, caught and corrected the inaccurate early reports of Nevada's delegate count, so they've got credibility on this count.

Plouffe cited wide margins in Kansas and Minnesota, as well as the fact that Obama had a larger margin in Illinois than Clinton did in New York.

Link

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:43 PM)
This is why I hate being an independent. I am a "moral" conservative but a "economic" liberal.

So, I dont support abortion, but I like universal health care.

So, i love Obama and some of his stands.... but on the other I love Huckabee and his strong Christian beliefs.

If Obama were not in the race, i'd lean huckabee.

well thank god Obama's in the race then...

thing is, Christian beliefs are fine - but when you plan to dramatically overhaul the constitution to fit those beliefs i just think that's plain WRONG. why are YOUR beliefs more important than those of the rest of the country?

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:46 PM)
well thank god Obama's in the race then...

thing is, Christian beliefs are fine - but when you plan to dramatically overhaul the constitution to fit those beliefs i just think that's plain WRONG. why are YOUR beliefs more important than those of the rest of the country?

Oh dont get me wrong. His comment about redoing the constitution to look more like the bible even made me twitch.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 07:47 PM)
I've been saying this for a while and note the post a few pages back where I showed how 2 Obama wins can easily negate narrow win by Hildog in a major state. He can come out close... if not ahead by tonight's end.

That will all be thrown to the wolves by whatever Arizona and CA do.