SDOGPEIT

kapkomet

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:20 PM)
So at this point in the night, what should I be paying attention to -- how much Obama can close the gap in California?

maybe. Total Delegate Count seems to be more important. but we wont know that until tomorrow. so, for the next few hours... CA.

Methinks McCain taking Cali is an all but official knockout blow for Romney when you consider how well Huckabee did tonight and McCain coming back late to get Missouri. I also saw nothing to change my mind that Huckabee might be the running mate for McCain. As for the democrat side........it's all about Cali, but if Obama can close the gap there, he had a hell of a night. Obviously, the longer the race goes, the more trouble Hillary will have with Barack.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
hmmm..... according to reports on MSNBC in the Romeny campaign, he is going to have "frank discussions" about the future of his campaign. I think he's out by this weekend.

Huckabee... the little engine that could?

Huckabee could make it moderately interesting with McCain if Romney drops out, but not all the states (in fact, not many in terms of those with major delegate counts), have the conservative base to overpower McCain that the southern ones Huckabee did tonight do. I think McCain locked up the nomination tonight.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 11:30 PM)
McCain/Huckabee ticket scares the s*** out of me... that thing could really win in Nov.

And the ONLY thing Republicans seem to agree on right now is how important it is to get an electable ticket, so I could really see it happening, especially with the lack of bad things Huckabee has had to say about McCain and vise versa.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Finally got to my hotel room here. Very tired.

But, looks like either a good night for Obama. Was a great night, until California. But, with only 16% reporting, I wouldn't put a ton of stock in that one yet. Where the vote actually ends up will determine a lot. By my read, Obama won the night outside Cali. So he needs to hope to stay close there - so that he can make the day near even.