SDOGPEIT

kapkomet

McCain-Huckabee....the best of both worlds if you ask me. Fiscal Conservative and a Social Conservative. This ain't no Dole-Kemp team.

make it happen and you have the perfect team to beat the dem candidate, imo.

i would still consider obama, but we'll see.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:41 PM)
McCain-Huckabee....the best of both worlds if you ask me. Fiscal Conservative and a Social Conservative. This ain't no Dole-Kemp team.

make it happen and you have the perfect team to beat the dem candidate, imo.

Agreed, and I think we are beginning to see (what happened in West Virginia just now for starters, and the fact that Huckabee hasn't dropped out yet, taking votes from Romney), that both of the mentioned men are starting to realize that too.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:28 PM)
The phrase "death spiral" comes to mind.

I think the GOP race may be virtually over after today. McCain looks like he will be winning pretty big, and Huckabee seems to be more in McCain's camp as well.

I prefer the term "Circling the drain", but that is just me. The quicker the Repubs get rid of this phoney, the better off they will be in the general election.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:46 PM)
McCain is just as big of a phoney. Maybe not bigger, but just as. He's just more open about his phoniness.

The only candidate in either party that isn't a proven phony is Obama, and that's because he hasn't been around long enough. Like you said though, at least McCain admits he's a phony :lol: , but really, ALL politicians are phonies, it's why so many people hate them. :)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 03:48 PM)
The only candidate in either party that isn't a proven phony is Obama, and that's because he hasn't been around long enough. Like you said though, at least McCain admits he's a phony :lol: , but really, ALL politicians are phonies, it's why so many people hate them. :)

he seems like he's got convictions and convictions enough to follow through with them in the face of his own party at times. Of course he gained political capital with the left, but hey...a guy that works both sides and comes out looking smart and more popular than before is someone I can vote for.

I'm not voting for "guy I'd like to babysit my kids"... I'm voting for "guy who has enough political know-how and smarm to out duel the other political BSers out there."

I don't think Obama or the rest of the crowd can occomplish that like McCain can.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)
he seems like he's got convictions and convictions enough to follow through with them in the face of his own party at times. Of course he gained political capital with the left, but hey...a guy that works both sides and comes out looking smart and more popular than before is someone I can vote for.

I'm not voting for "guy I'd like to babysit my kids"... I'm voting for "guy who has enough political know-how and smarm to out duel the other political BSers out there."

I don't think Obama or the rest of the crowd can occomplish that like McCain can.

I agree with all this, I just hope some of the pandering to the right he's done on social issues is just that, and not him turning into a legit phony. Part of the reason I like McCain is he's not afraid to try and get things done with people on the left, I don't want that to change because he has a very real shot at the White House.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 02:51 PM)

i was watching CNN ( i think it was CNN) yesterday and they had a group of Obama voters in a focus group and they asked if anyone could name any of Obama's major accomplishments. no one said anything. it was kind of funny. then some lady was like "he's just so well spoken".

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 03:19 PM)
i was watching CNN ( i think it was CNN) yesterday and they had a group of Obama voters in a focus group and they asked if anyone could name any of Obama's major accomplishments. no one said anything. it was kind of funny. then some lady was like "he's just so well spoken".

You could ask the same question of Hillary backers, and get the exact same blank stare.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)
You could ask the same question of Hillary backers, and get the exact same blank stare.

I was thinking the same thing.

But she does have 35 years of experience. In what I'm not sure.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 03:24 PM)

What are you talking about?! She was in the Whitehouse for 8 years! (so was Chelsea, bet it isn't on her resume)

And don't forget her campaign to reform health care in this country! (massive failure) She has experience! :lolhitting

QUOTE(mr_genius @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)

HAHAHA...that's what it comes to... GWB spoke so poorly that the first guy that comes along and is "so well spoken" we just have to vote for him.

nice.

QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 03:26 PM)
HAHAHA...that's what it comes to... GWB spoke so poorly that the first guy that comes along and is "so well spoken" we just have to vote for him.

nice.

To be honest everyone left, on both sides, sounds like a Shakespearian thespian compared to Dubya.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 04:19 PM)
So when are the 1st results for the majority of the states meant to be coming through?

The polls close at 7 PM local time in the vast majority of states, so results will likely come in from east to west. Also, the states where a winner is obvious in exit polls usually declare their winner as soon at the polls close (for example, Obama was declared winner in South Carolina about 5 minutes after the polls closed), so the closeness of the races are factors as well as to when announcements are made. I believe it took about 2 and a half to 3 hours to decide the close GOP race in Florida, so I guess that's another factor to keep in mind. The California polls close at 11 eastern time, and of course that's the grand prize.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I'll be getting on a plane in about 15 minutes. I won't be able to check on this again until about 10:30pm Eastern (9:30 chicago). On the one hand, I wish I could keep tabs from the plane. On the other hand, I'll probably just miss the B.S. exit polls and tune in just in time for the first actual results.

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 04:40 PM)
Just voted for the first time. Walked right in. no problems. As I was leaving.. a line out the door. Perfect timing :)

Those touch screens are really slick. I like them a lot. especially since they have a paper trail.

You Rock Barack!

I remember my first Presidential vote 1436.jpg