SDOGPEIT

kapkomet

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
How does that work?

I am really trying to get into the election this year, but still learning everything. I want to vote educated.

Same way Bush "lost" the 2000 election but won with electoral votes. Nevada doesn't just portion them out based on total state-wide votes. Obama won in districts with more delegates.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 06:20 PM)
How does that work?

I am really trying to get into the election this year, but still learning everything. I want to vote educated.

It's kind of like the electoral college, except at the district level instead of the state level. In Nevada, each district gets 3 delegates. If 1 candidate wins but by a tiny margin, it would go 2-1. But if they won by a moderate margin, it would still go 2-1. You need a big win to get 3-0. So it's possible that Obama could eek out a win in a lot of districts but lose fairly big in a couple of heavy populated districts, and come out with more delegates and fewer votes. That's a distinct possibility in CA, which has a lot of rural areas, for example, and a few highly populated cities.

She had been expected to struggle in Massachusetts, a heartland for the Democratic party, after influential senator Ted Kennedy had endorsed senator Obama as the heir to the legacy of his brother, John F. Kennedy.

"This is a strong victory and shows that Hillary Clinton has strength in places where Barack Obama was expected to win," the Clinton campaign has said, calling the result "one of the biggest surprises of the night".

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 08:43 PM)
What's the deal with Minnesota? I didn't expect to see Obama winning there. Obama also leading in Idaho and N.Dakota early.

his support seems to be so random to me... there's no rhyme or reason as to why certain states go for him and others dont.

although clearly, caucuses favor Obama.

Let me break it down this way, i dotn have exact numbers so this is a generalization, BUT...

AL and GA nullify a MA win for HilDog.

MN nullifies TN

DE, ID, ND, and KS nullify OK

CO and UT nullify MO

CT > AK

Hillary might be winning major skirmishes, but Obama might be winning the war.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 09:05 PM)
Who is projected in Ohio, texas and Penn??

WAY to far out for those states. those primaries are over a month away... if not farther. Hillary naturally has a lead in those states purely on name recognition. But she has had the lead in EVERY state based on name recognition.

QUOTE(Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 5, 2008 -> 07:05 PM)
Who is projected in Ohio, texas and Penn??

They're not for another month or two.

Later February 2008 - Democratic

9 - Louisiana, Nebraska caucus, Washington caucus, U.S. Virgin Islands caucus

10 - Maine caucus

12 - D.C., Maryland, Virginia

19 - Hawaii, Wisconsin

March 2008 - Democratic

4 - Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont, Texas

8 - Wyoming

11 - Mississippi

April-June 2008 - Democratic

April 22 - Pennsylvania