Myspace/Facebook

Mr. Showtime

QUOTE(Brian @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 05:07 PM)
What's the difference?

Myspace: allows for HTML manipulation, which leads to obnoxious user sites. Has spam out the wazoo. Is the perceivable trashier social site. Is all about promoting things.

Facebook: you can interlink between people much better via pictures and friends lists, less customization, but more built in functions, classier spam *ahem*, same amount of bros holding beers and babes showing bras.

they accomplish the same thing, but both have their pros and cons.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Jan 28, 2008 -> 09:33 PM)
I did a search for this via google, but it was an epic fail.

Anywho, I assume this has been done before, but if not, anyone up for posting a link to their myspace/facebook page?

If Critic happens to read this, please save the "the lack of friends" jokes for another time! :lolhitting

You know how I know you're gay?

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 07:10 AM)
Believe it or not, I've had two people spring from the imaginary world of the Ultraweb to become real-life friends.

Of course, the reason they're still friends of mine is because we hardly ever see each other in person, so they don't have a chance to become sick of me (no green).

Yeah, I recall, I've met you.

:lolhitting

Is anyone else on here facebook friends with players from the Sox organization?

I control the original Frank Thomas account, and checked into it for the first time in awhile the other day. Someone who actually went to school with Frank sent his personal info saying he wanted to get in touch. Then he sent another one realizing he goofed and should've known it was a fan site.

QUOTE(Markbilliards @ Jan 29, 2008 -> 11:27 PM)
I've actually found a lot minor leaguers from the Sox organization.

Yes, there are quite a few guys who have a Facebook account. It has actually helped me in that I've sent them messages asking to confirm/deny stuff that I've written about them in some write-ups for FutureSox. i.e. Justin Cassel informed me that he had an older brother in the Padres organization that i did not know about.