LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 09:49 AM)
Terry O' Quinn was unreal last night. His interactions with Walt, Kate, and Ben were so genuine and well done.

To be honest, I haven't been crazy about the last 2-3 episodes, but last night changed everything. So good.

The ability for him to show no suprise anymore, despite what life throws at him, is pretty impressive.

Liked the episode. Terry O'Quinn is amazing. Locke is my favorite character on the show. I posted a couple of days ago that this episode could be the one to get him an Emmy.

I was expecting more out of the meetings with Kate and Jack. Wasn't sure if his conversation with Jack was enough to push Jack into believer mode. Maybe we'll see flashbacks and more of those conversations.

That scene in the apartment was epic.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)
Liked the episode. Terry O'Quinn is amazing. Locke is my favorite character on the show. I posted a couple of days ago that this episode could be the one to get him an Emmy.

I was expecting more out of the meetings with Kate and Jack. Wasn't sure if his conversation with Jack was enough to push Jack into believer mode. Maybe we'll see flashbacks and more of those conversations.

That scene in the apartment was epic.

Keep in mind, at that point you are taking Ben's word that Jack bought a ticket.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)
Keep in mind, at that point you are taking Ben's word that Jack bought a ticket.

Last night convinced me that Ben is bad and Whidmore is good. Knowing the show, it will change 100 more times.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Was anyone else hping that the person on the table was Wallllllltttttttttt at the end? I suppos it was just wishful thinking that they'd tell his story. Otherwise a tremendous episode, but all Locke episodes are

The show's been extremely predictable lately...but that might be a good thing.

BTW, my wife just started watching the show this season. There's nothing more difficult than explaining storylines to someone with no foundation about what's taken place in previous seasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)

BTW, my wife just started watching the show this season. There's nothing more difficult than explaining storylines to someone with no foundation about what's taken place in previous seasons.

Good luck to you on that. My wife has watched here and there and I am still explaining things to her lol

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 11:35 AM)
Was anyone else hping that the person on the table was Wallllllltttttttttt at the end? I suppos it was just wishful thinking that they'd tell his story. Otherwise a tremendous episode, but all Locke episodes are

As much as I wanna know how "Walt" got on the island to tell John to get up and all that, the kid that plays Walt isn't very good at speaking lines. I feel he would almost ruin some of the acting.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 10:35 AM)

It would be his second. He's already won one well-deserved award for playing John Locke.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 06:50 PM)
As much as I wanna know how "Walt" got on the island to tell John to get up and all that, the kid that plays Walt isn't very good at speaking lines. I feel he would almost ruin some of the acting.

For anyone that follows basketball, Walt is looking more like Ike Diogu every time we see him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)

Mine started watching half way through last season...........I agree with you 100%. Sometimes i think she is watching to annoy me but it is better to watch with someone that knows what is going on to see how deep this show really is which I think she enjoys.

Also I am missing a time line thing here. Back last year Jack tells Kate after the alcohol and drugs had taken him over that he had been flying continously to try and crash. This happens after his conversation with Locke and before his death. Also the obit said Bentham died in N.Y. Locke was in L.A.

Soemthing doesn't jive there or the final scene was weeks or months after the Locke meetings or Locke does not die in the hanging......

Also Sayid becomes a bad ass again after working for Homes for Hope when he busts Hurley out........

Something ain't working for me.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
Also I am missing a time line thing here. Back last year Jack tells Kate after the alcohol and drugs had taken him over that he had been flying continously to try and crash. This happens after his conversation with Locke and before his death. Also the obit said Bentham died in N.Y. Locke was in L.A.

Soemthing doesn't jive there or the final scene was weeks or months after the Locke meetings or Locke does not die in the hanging......

Also Sayid becomes a bad ass again after working for Homes for Hope when he busts Hurley out........

Something ain't working for me.

I'm not sure any of that is chronologically inconsistent. I took it that Jack had been wanting to get back to the island well before Locke showed up purely for his own benefit, because his life off the island sucked and back on the island he was king s***. However, he did not want to go along with Locke (who was his rival as Island king s***) on another journey of "faith and destiny," believing that he had to for the benefit of the rest. That conflict ("fate vs. probability") is what drove Locke and Jack apart on the Island and it still kept them apart up to that point. Jack only really comes around on this after he thinks Locke is dead and Mrs. Hawking reads him the riot act about having faith; what Ben said to Locke about Jack buying a ticket right away was typical Ben misdirection.

Not sure about Sayid, but I'm sure being a badass is like riding a bike . . . I'll bet we learn he got blackmailed back into action. Maybe over something about his "murdered" wife?

Anyway, that's my 2 cent take. Who the hell really knows with this show?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Feb 26, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
I'm not sure any of that is chronologically inconsistent. I took it that Jack had been wanting to get back to the island well before Locke showed up purely for his own benefit, because his life off the island sucked and back on the island he was king s***. However, he did not want to go along with Locke (who was his rival as Island king s***) on another journey of "faith and destiny," believing that he had to for the benefit of the rest. That conflict ("fate vs. probability") is what drove Locke and Jack apart on the Island and it still kept them apart up to that point. Jack only really comes around on this after he thinks Locke is dead and Mrs. Hawking reads him the riot act about having faith; what Ben said to Locke about Jack buying a ticket right away was typical Ben misdirection.

Not sure about Sayid, but I'm sure being a badass is like riding a bike . . . I'll bet we learn he got blackmailed back into action. Maybe over something about his "murdered" wife?

Anyway, that's my 2 cent take. Who the hell really knows with this show?

My problem is Jack is all drugged up on the plane ride when he reads the obit. There is a big break in time from the Locke rerunion tour as we saw it yeaterday until the time he is actually dead/ the obit ran.