LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 04:33 PM)
I don't know about that. Granted, they aren't very large, but you can clearly see they have points to them, just like the Anubis does.

Yes but when depicted, Anubis's ears are always very pronounced. There is never any ambiguity.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good to see Horace again last night but i was wondering how the new baby is tied in. I was hoping someone would have asked what the kids name was.

I remember when John saw Horace in the dream, horace was builing a cabin in the jungle. it was assumed at the time by most that he was building Jacob's cabin. I think being born in the 70's is a little late for Jacob but then again....maybe we just witnessed the birth of Jacob???!!!!

I finally caught up and saw the last 2 episodes, and I have something to add to the Anubis/Egyptian statue discussion:

Whether or not the Egyptian statue is Anubis, I immediately noticed how the statue was mounted, it seemed to me that the statue was facing out towards the sea.

This reminded me of the Easter Island Heads that were carved and mounted facing out to sea by ancient polynesians. These Easter Island Heads were a big part of Oceanic Mytholgy (Oceanic... Oceanic 815...?) and the ancients believed that the E.I. Heads would protect their Island from invaders from sea, they believed that the Heads would intimidate any potential invaders upon sight and that it would discourage them from attempting to approach the Island.

I can kind of see a relation to the Egyptian statue in Lost to the Easter Island Heads, mainly in how they might serve the same purpose.

Some people believe that the people trapped on the Island in Lost are in some way trapped in the Afterlife, and in a way, I can kind of make sense of the Anubis (if it is Anubis) statue in relation to the Oceanic Myths of the Easter Island Heads by summing it up this way:

"The Anubis Statue on the Lost Island is mounted on the beach facing out to sea to protect the dead on the Island to ward off people from the realm of the living from entering the afterlife."

I also think the Island might be some sort of Limbo, and that would also kind of explain the Anubis statue, because Anubis was believed to have guided people to the afterlife.

What does everyone else think?

I think people should look more into the Oceanic myths as well, because the Island is located in the same general area where ancient Oceanic myths originated from.

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 7, 2009 -> 09:09 AM)
Also, now that some of the Losties are trapped at the same time period as the Dahrma Initiative, does anyone think we'll finally see Radinsky? Radinsky is one of the characters I've wanted to see for a while now.

Scott Radinsky?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 18, 2009 -> 09:03 PM)
Maybe because I'm not as into LOST as I have been in the past, I just am not following, but where are people like Rose, Bernard, and the other original crash survivors? Are they in 77? Present time with Sun?

Rose and Benard are MIA. All fans wonder where they are. I think the rest were killed in the past by the flaming arrows.

Sort of a slow episode but think they are establishing where and when everyone is for the rest of the season.

Young Ben in da house!

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
That was a weak ending.

I thought so too. Knew it was going to be Ben.

I would have at least liked it to be Walt or someone, a plot twist that you wouldn't have seen coming. Young Ben was just too obvious.

So now Christian is going back through time and not aging, just like Richard.

I wonder if they are brothers or something, or directly related to Jacob somehow?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 11:25 AM)
I guess this shows that Locke is in the present also and not in the past.

Seeing as he spoke to the folks that Ben, Sun and Lepidus left behind, I would surmise that you are correct.

I am going to go back and watch this season all over again. I am drawing a blank as to Ben being in a hospitla bed.....

Lasst night's episode was good but it made me dizzy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 11:11 AM)
I dont understand why Sun and Ben and Frank stayed in the present while the rest went into the past.

A theory I heard and tend to believe is that there is a "law of physics" that won't allow the same person to occupy the same time/space. So, Ben didnt flash back because the 10 year old version of him is in 1977 on the island. So, that would mean a younger version of Sun is on the island as well. An interesting theory.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 19, 2009 -> 03:14 PM)
A theory I heard and tend to believe is that there is a "law of physics" that won't allow the same person to occupy the same time/space. So, Ben didnt flash back because the 10 year old version of him is in 1977 on the island. So, that would mean a younger version of Sun is on the island as well. An interesting theory.

I was going to say Pierre Chang's daughter, but that can't be right since we've seen her father before.