LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 5, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
so i probably just forgot because they skipped a week, and i haven't been following all that closely, but what happened to Ben and Richard?

Richard was determined to blow up the plane. After Hurley screwed up the plane by detonating all the dynamite in the Black Rock, Richard said there were more explosives at the barracks he wanted to go get. Ben and Miles went with him.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ May 5, 2010 -> 04:54 AM)
Tonight's episode was so sad :'(

RIP Sayid, Frank, Sun, and Jin. :'(

Now the only survivors of the original crash of Oceanic Flight 815 are: Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Hurley, Claire, Rose, and Bernard.

:(

Did Lapidus really die? From that door hitting him? If so, WEAK.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ May 5, 2010 -> 07:22 AM)
Did Lapidus really die? From that door hitting him? If so, WEAK.

Yea, basically I think when the door hit him, he was knocked out, but since he was just laying there he more than likely drowned and went down with the sub. :( :'(

Am I the only one disappointed that Frank Lapidus didn't live long enough to grow that awesome beard back?

I think in honor of Frank Lapidus, we all ought to grow a beard similar to the one he had in season 4 and shave it off after the finale. Who's with me? :headbang:

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 4, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
I apologize if I've said this before, but Jin and Sun wouldn't speak English to each other. It bothers(ed) me every time they do it. It's really a pretty terrible oversight on the part of the writers. Not an important plot point or anything, but it's jarring to me. That is all.

LOL. Completely agree.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 4, 2010 -> 09:09 PM)
My biggest problem: their child is now an orphan. You'd think that would cross one of their minds before they decided to die together.

The wife and I both said the same thing, that any real mother or father would have told the other one to go and take care of their kid, and they would have gone and done it. Any parent knows what I am talking about.

The stuff on the sub was great yesterday, but I was shocked at how lame the stuff with Locke and Jack in the hospital was. I was expecting more out of that. I also think that Jin just lost the Father of the Year voting to Chris Benoit. Everyone who's married or has a kid probably had the same conversation yesterday.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (juddling @ May 5, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
When the bomb was counting down at three minutes, my first thought was couldn't they put it in a torpedo tube and flood the tube carrying the bomb out to sea????

I said the same thing to my wife...

QUOTE (juddling @ May 5, 2010 -> 06:38 PM)
When the bomb was counting down at three minutes, my first thought was couldn't they put it in a torpedo tube and flood the tube carrying the bomb out to sea????

I thought the same thing too... Any sensible human would have done that, haha.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 5, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)

you're assuming this is a war sub. Not all subs have torpedoes.

(The thought crossed my mind too, but I assumed it was a non-military sub)

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

I rewatched and saw the Jin hand thing. Missed that the first time through.

Couple of thoughts,

I think Widmore and Flocke are actually working together. I think this mainly because the first time through Keamney lead the charge and now there is no really show of force from the Widmore folks. I also go back to fact that Widmore was banished. Why is it that all of a sudden Widmore can get to the island and begin setting up camp. Sayid gets to power plant ratehr easily. I do not think that Locke is indestructible but yet nobody hits him with a shot. Also pure dumb luck that Kate gets shot which casues Jack to get on the boat.... The sub was left unguarded andthe explosives were not really that well hidden on the plane.

I do not know how spoiler tags work.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 6, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)
I do not think that Locke is indestructible but yet nobody hits him with a shot.

When I watched it, I assumed they were just to cheap to make a special effect of bullet holes appearing on his shirt...but I dunno. Sayid did stab his earlier, it just didn't do any damage/healed right away.

I have a question regarding Walt:

Around the time Jack was having visions of his dead father on the Island, Shannon was having visions of Walt. Smokey/Locke has explained that he took Christian Shepard's form (much as he has now taken Locke's), but I think I recall an explanation that this ability is limited to assuming the forms of dead folks, meaning he could not have been Walt, who is alive. Also, Miles and Hurley talk to dead people all the time.

So, have Walt's "appearances" ever been explained? Have any other alive people similarly appeared as visions? I can't recall any. Lots of dead folks, though (Boone, Eko's brother, etc.).

And if an answer hasn't been given, but people know its coming, I don't want to know. Thanks

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)

Around the time Jack was having visions of his dead father on the Island, Shannon was having visions of Walt. Smokey/Locke has explained that he took Christian Shepard's form (much as he has now taken Locke's), but I think I recall an explanation that this ability is limited to assuming the forms of dead folks, meaning he could not have been Walt, who is alive. Also, Miles and Hurley talk to dead people all the time.

So, have Walt's "appearances" ever been explained? Have any other alive people similarly appeared as visions? I can't recall any. Lots of dead folks, though (Boone, Eko's brother, etc.).

And if an answer hasn't been given, but people know its coming, I don't want to know. Thanks

I don't remember them explaining the Walt visions thing, and I wouldn't expect an answer. That storyline died quickly.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 7, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
I don't remember them explaining the Walt visions thing, and I wouldn't expect an answer. That storyline died quickly.

Walt is in the finale and should be explained what was up with him

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)

I think whenever we saw the apparation of Yemi, he was the manifestation of the Man in Black.

I think the Man in Black assumed the form of Yemi, Christian Sheppard, Alex Rousseau, and John Locke at different points of the series.

As for Boone, I think maybe that was a hallucination. You're talking about the time when Locke saw a bloodied Boone before he climbed up to the beechcraft, right?

As for Walt, no clue. Since Walt was alive, I don't think it was MiB. Maybe Walt had some kind of gift where he can subconsciously make himself appear to others at different locations, kinda like how Hurley and Miles can talk to the dead and Desmond .....can do what Desmond does.