LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
We got to see the statue though.

WOW! Ok, just reading a few lost forums... there is some interesting possible connections:

• Last week, Hurley was sketching.... the Sphinx.
  • The statue this week looked very Egyptian in design. It could possibly be Horus... the egyptian god of the sky. Son of Osiris, god of the afterlife.
  • The leader of Dharma... Horace Goodspeed.
  • Some say the statue looks like Anubis. Anubis was the god to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife. the statue of Anubis found at Tut's tomb had four toes on the hindfeet!!!
  • Paul was wearing an ankh around his neck. The ankh is the Egyptian hieroglyphic for "eternal life". When i first saw the ankh, I couldnt place where I'd seen it before. DUH! I am a total Egyptology nut and it slipped right past me!
  • The statue appears to be holding a ankh... Anubis is often depicted holding a ankh.
  • Sawyer mentioned Richards eye liner, Egyptian use to wear it.
  • "Richard Albert" = RA.... Ra was the sun god in Egyptian mythology.
  • Think about it.... there have been hieroglyphs throughout the last 4 seasons.

I liked the episode a lot... However, 2 weeks until a new episode? You can't do that to me!

I really hope they don't go too far into the Sawyer-Kate-Juliet love triangle. I don't care, though I guess that would help appeal to the female audience.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
I liked the episode a lot... However, 2 weeks until a new episode? You can't do that to me!

I really hope they don't go too far into the Sawyer-Kate-Juliet love triangle. I don't care, though I guess that would help appeal to the female audience.

It's the Sawyer-Kate-Jack-Juliet love rhombus.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 4, 2009 -> 11:09 PM)
WOW! Ok, just reading a few lost forums... there is some interesting possible connections:

• Last week, Hurley was sketching.... the Sphinx.
  • The statue this week looked very Egyptian in design. It could possibly be Horus... the egyptian god of the sky. Son of Osiris, god of the afterlife.
  • The leader of Dharma... Horace Goodspeed.
  • Some say the statue looks like Anubis. Anubis was the god to protect the dead and bring them to the afterlife. the statue of Anubis found at Tut's tomb had four toes on the hindfeet!!!
  • Paul was wearing an ankh around his neck. The ankh is the Egyptian hieroglyphic for "eternal life". When i first saw the ankh, I couldnt place where I'd seen it before. DUH! I am a total Egyptology nut and it slipped right past me!
  • The statue appears to be holding a ankh... Anubis is often depicted holding a ankh.
  • Sawyer mentioned Richards eye liner, Egyptian use to wear it.
  • "Richard Albert" = RA.... Ra was the sun god in Egyptian mythology.
  • Think about it.... there have been hieroglyphs throughout the last 4 seasons.

Very impressive!

i loved when Sawyer refered to Richard as 'the guy with all the eyeliner'

:lolhitting :lolhitting

plus Sawyer's whole conversation with Richard was very well thought out. It was nice to see Richard stunned for a change.

Edited by juddling

I like how they set up teh 2nd half of the season with the possibilities of more flashbacks to fill in the gaps. i.e. Where's Aaron? How did they join Dharma? etc...

Nice touch showing Jin after 3 years speaking English very well.

Juliet is damn beautiful when she is cleaned up.

Another good episode.

Was hoping we would get the answer about burying the dead.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)
Athomeboy is bringing up alot fo great points. Many signs are pointing to the island being some part of the afterlife.

I sent out an e-mail containing my previous post to a group of my fellow LOST fanatic friends, and one of them pointed this out to me:

There are a bunch of conspiracy-theory-type stories that go along with this, but supposedly there is an ancient temple in Egypt that has carved heiroglyphs that picture, of all things, an airplane, a helicopter, and a submarine..... you make your own connections.

ABYDOS-HELICOPTER-PHOTO.jpg

http://www.hallofthegods.org/articles/mystery-abydos.html

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
I sent out an e-mail containing my previous post to a group of my fellow LOST fanatic friends, and one of them pointed this out to me:

Ancient Egypt is just so fascinating. I've never heard of that picture which you posted. A few summers ago I did some studying of egyptian hieroglyphs (I had just graduated and had no job so I was bored) and nothing in that picture looks like anything symbol I've seen. There has to be a connection of sorts with Egypt in Lost as more and more things keep popping up. I'm still not sure about it having to do with an afterlife though.

As for the episode, I really enjoyed it. I wasnt that much of a fan of the Sawyer-Juliet stuff but it was interesting to see how it played out. The last seen literally gave me goosebumps.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
About the actual glyphs:

http://www.catchpenny.org/abydos.html

http://rationalwiki.com/wiki/Abydos_helicopter

That doesn't mean the Lost writers aren't going to incorporate this theory somehow, though.

That first link with the colors of each of the glyphs was great. Thanks for that.

So do you think we're gonna see Ben take over the Others all over again (as it's 1977 and all), and that maybe the Survivors and Oceanic 6 are going to try and stop that from happening this time?

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
So do you think we're gonna see Ben take over the Others all over again (as it's 1977 and all), and that maybe the Survivors and Oceanic 6 are going to try and stop that from happening this time?

I have no doubt that we will get to see the purge. We will also see the pit that Locke got shot into by Ben.

Its possible that the statute is Taweret.

Taweret was goddess of fertility/mothers and was often depicted holding ankhs.

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/taweret.html

It could also be Wepwawet:

http://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/wepwawet.html

His name means "the opener of the ways (roads)". This is thought to refer to the paths through the underworld, but may also refer to the choices or paths taken life as he also seems to have been linked to the power of the living pharaoh. In the "Book of the Dead" and the book of "That Which Is in the Underworld" (Amduat) he leads the deceased through the underworld and guards over them on their perilous journey, but he was also thought to act as a scout for the army, "opening a path" to allow them to proceed.

Its clear that the statute is holding Ankhs, so its mainly just figuring out which of the gods it is.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)

I'm sure we will see younger Ben sooner or later as well.

I'd like to think Locke would get revenge on Ben at some point, but not sure of the specifics of his re-incarnation if he can have physical contact with the alive people.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 5, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
The reason I am not really on the Anubis train is that the statute didnt not have prominent ears.

Ya it definitely does not look like Anubis. It's tough because many Egyptian gods are depicted with some sort of headdress and its hard to picture what that might look like from the front. From the back it's hard to point it out as any one in particular but it does appear that the statue is of a male figure/deity