LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 12:08 PM)
I just had a thought... in keeping with the linear time line, is it possible that Sayid's shooting of Ben in the "past" is what serves as the trigger for turning him into an evil pyshcopath in the "present"?

thats kind of what I was getting at with my "bitterness" post. He is going to grow up knowing these people, then see them again later in life. Ben knows his motives, and he knows how to get what he wants. They stressed the "be patient" quote

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if Ben is dead, it doesnt mean that he cant be on the island.

Horace is presumably dead and he is on the island chopping a tree over and over again.

Christian is dead and he is on the island.

Locke is dead and he is on the island.

Im just very hesitant to believe any "rules" as weve been told that if you move the island you cant return, Ben moved the island and was able to return. Perhaps this is the consequence of him returning.

Even if Ben is dead, it doesnt mean that he cant be on the island.

Horace is presumably dead and he is on the island chopping a tree over and over again.

Christian is dead and he is on the island.

Locke is dead and he is on the island.

Im just very hesitant to believe any "rules" as weve been told that if you move the island you cant return, Ben moved the island and was able to return. Perhaps this is the consequence of him returning.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 11:09 AM)
You can change the past, I believe its been done before.

When Ben moves the island and appears in Tunisia there is no camera at the location.

When Locke goes back in time and sees Whidmore, then moves the island, there is a camera at the location.

Now there is a slight chance that Whidmore decided to build the camera after Ben left but before Locke did, otherwise the future can be changed.

Ben landed in 2005 when he moved the island, Locke landed in 2007. Whidmore figured it was the exit in those two years. There is no proof that that "changed" anything since it was in a time period we had not seen yet.

Next weeks guide explains that they try to save Ben, meaning he isn't even dead as of yet, so the whole conversation is moot for now.

Theres no information as to why Whidmore would have known the location in 2007, but did not know of it in 2005.

Its not proof, but thats why I said "I believe" and then said "there is a chance".

And I regardless of the results of Ben, I still believe that things can be changed.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
BTW, going back to last week, I don't know if anyone talked about it, but there was something almost everyone missed in "Namaste"

When Sun and Frank are in talking with Christian, and he shows them the picture from 77, they show a shot of Sun, and there is a women behind her. I have the torrent of last weeks episode, and re-watched, and someone is totally there. Here is a semi-decent picture. If you can watch the video somewhere, check it out.

Honestly, that looks like a screwup. Looks like a dude with headphones on working on the set.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 04:57 PM) Honestly, that looks like a screwup. Looks like a dude with headphones on working on the set.

Here is a decent vid Steve. My HD copy looks better, but this is ok. At about the 30 second mark.

With the way LOST is produced, I find it very hard to believe they just left someone in the room, and dozens of PA's missed it in editing.

Pretty hard to see in that one. I see a yellow blur, that's about it.

I've been thinking of the possibility of Ben really being dead and thought of this theory:

With the death of young Ben, it throws Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, Kate, Hurley, Jin, Juliette, Miles, and Daniel into an alternate timeline. Basically an alternate universe. For the rest of this post, whenever I say things like "Original Sayid", I'm referring to the Sayid that crashed in 2004, escaped the island, crashed again in 2007, but ended up in 1977 because of a flash.

Anyway, back to my main point: the alternate universe/timeline theory...

I think, once Sayid killed young Ben in 1977, it changed the course of their future from 1977 on. However, 2007 and 2004 is their past because they already lived it and they can't change their past. However, in 2004/2007, when they ended up being flashed back in time, their past was still intact and from 1974/1977 everything they'd experience would be in their future.

If they did not kill Ben, then they would've been on the same timeline to someday cross paths with Original Sun in 2007, and even original pre-flash version of themselves in 2004/2007. Something tells me that they were on track to live in the same timeline because Sun and Frank were shown pictures of them from the past in 1977 by Christian, but the picture was taken before the timeline was altered when Sayid killed Ben in 1977.

Here's where my theory gets tricky... Since Sayid kills Ben in 1977, it splits Original Sayid, O. Sawyer, and all the other flash people to an alternate timeline where Ben was dead. HOWEVER, since they all met and crossed paths with Original Ben in their pasts in 2004/2007, it doesn't change their past.

In one timeline, Ben is still alive, because he was in their past, and is dealing with Sun and Frank and the Flight 316 crash.

In the other altered timeline, Ben was killed, and the Originals lives from that point on, but with alternate versions of themselves somewhere else in the world. In the alternate universe:

-Henry Gale would crash his hot air balloon on the island and not be killed by Ben,

-Alex would not be killed because the mercenaries would never have been sent to the Island,

-Alternate Juliette is never brought to the island,

-Alternate Sayid was never hired by Ben to kill people like Andropov,

-Rose and Bernard and other people would still crash in 2004 in the alternate timeline.

Basically, I think the future is altered, like a fork like a Y, were the left fork is the original timeline with Ben alive and is the "original past" of the people who got flashed back in time, and the right fork being the altered timeline due to Sayid killing young Ben in 1977, creating an alternate timeline with an altered future.

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 26, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
I think there is a person in the room with Christian. My guess is its Claire as the last time we saw her she was with him. For some reason it looks like she is holding a dog?

Well she was supposed to take care of Vincent...

after watching a couple older episodes yesterday i'm a bit disappointed because there are just too many unanswered questions for them all to be answered IMO. i know some bigger questions will be answered (ie who is jacob, what exactly is the smoke monster, etc) but there are so many unanswered questions. maybe its the shows way of misdirection, or to keep people watching, but for instance...will we ever find out what the deal was with libby in the mental hospital? maybe we actually will, maybe we won't, maybe it wasn't important. i am just beginning to get sick of new questions every week when so many are still out there.

one question i have that relates to the story currently....what happened to Farraday? last we saw him, he was walking through the sonic fence with sawyer miles and juliet. the other three all woke up and became part of dharma thanks to sawyers lafleur con, but conveniently faraday is left out

edit: when jack gets to the island he asks sawyer if faraday is there and sawyer responds "not anymore"...im sure there will be more to come regarding that

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Mar 28, 2009 -> 06:23 AM)
after watching a couple older episodes yesterday i'm a bit disappointed because there are just too many unanswered questions for them all to be answered IMO. i know some bigger questions will be answered (ie who is jacob, what exactly is the smoke monster, etc) but there are so many unanswered questions. maybe its the shows way of misdirection, or to keep people watching, but for instance...will we ever find out what the deal was with libby in the mental hospital? maybe we actually will, maybe we won't, maybe it wasn't important. i am just beginning to get sick of new questions every week when so many are still out there.

one question i have that relates to the story currently....what happened to Farraday? last we saw him, he was walking through the sonic fence with sawyer miles and juliet. the other three all woke up and became part of dharma thanks to sawyers lafleur con, but conveniently faraday is left out

edit: when jack gets to the island he asks sawyer if faraday is there and sawyer responds "not anymore"...im sure there will be more to come regarding that

We saw Farraday in the first scene of this season working on building the Dharma station (the swan I think?). I'm assuming he worked for Dharma for a while and then either went crazy or is dead.

QUOTE (HawkDJ @ Mar 28, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)
We saw Farraday in the first scene of this season working on building the Dharma station (the swan I think?). I'm assuming he worked for Dharma for a while and then either went crazy or is dead.

Think it was the Orchid, but think it was just assumed. Wonder if it could of been the Swan now.

QUOTE (HawkDJ @ Mar 28, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)

Hey, if anyone can tell me I'm wrong, please tell me.

Is it possible that Farraday left the island so he can figure out a way to get back to the future?

The reason I ask this is because, remember when Desmond went to the university and came across Farraday's abandoned lab? Remember how Desmond found that old picture of Farraday?

To me, it looked like a picture of present-day Farraday from the past!!!

I think he might've gone back to the university to fine-tune his time-travel calculations so that he can take everyone back to the future, but who knows what happened to him.

If I had to guess, I'd guess this is the timeline of Farraday:

Farraday recruited by Widmore to go to the Island with the Zodiac,

Farraday get flashed to the past with Sawyer, etc,

in 1974 or sometime before 1977 Farraday leaves the Island for the university,

then in 2007 Desmond finds the picture of Farraday from the past in the abandoned lab.

Basically, I guess the point I'm trying to get at is that I don't think the picture of Farraday is 3 years old (left from 2004 and found by Desmond in 2007), I think it's much more older than that because it looked very aged, I'd have to say it was left in the late 1970's and discovered by Desmond in 2007.

Can anyone verify/debunk this? Please?

Edited by SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 29, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
Hey, if anyone can tell me I'm wrong, please tell me.

Is it possible that Farraday left the island so he can figure out a way to get back to the future?

The reason I ask this is because, remember when Desmond went to the university and came across Farraday's abandoned lab? Remember how Desmond found that old picture of Farraday?

To me, it looked like a picture of present-day Farraday from the past!!!

I think he might've gone back to the university to fine-tune his time-travel calculations so that he can take everyone back to the future, but who knows what happened to him.

If I had to guess, I'd guess this is the timeline of Farraday:

Farraday recruited by Widmore to go to the Island with the Zodiac,

Farraday get flashed to the past with Sawyer, etc,

in 1974 or sometime before 1977 Farraday leaves the Island for the university,

then in 2007 Desmond finds the picture of Farraday from the past in the abandoned lab.

Basically, I guess the point I'm trying to get at is that I don't think the picture of Farraday is 3 years old (left from 2004 and found by Desmond in 2007), I think it's much more older than that because it looked very aged, I'd have to say it was left in the late 1970's and discovered by Desmond in 2007.

Can anyone verify/debunk this? Please?

can anyone share their thoughts about this post?

So, I was just listening to The LOST Podcast with Jay and Jack. Embedded in that crazy brainwash video Carl had to watch in "Not in Portland" (season 3, Episode 7) is a hidden message "only fools are enslaved by time and space" (i knew that when the episode first aired, you have to play the video backward to hear it)... According to a few internet sites (and I did a google search on this and it is true!), apparently that is an anagram for "Bones of Nadlers may lay lost deep in cave". The Nadlers are... Rose and Bernard! And what bones? Adam and Eve from season one! And what did those bones have on them? Two stones: one white... one black!

Craziness!!!

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
So, I was just listening to The LOST Podcast with Jay and Jack. Embedded in that crazy brainwash video Carl had to watch in "Not in Portland" (season 3, Episode 7) is a hidden message "only fools are enslaved by time and space" (i knew that when the episode first aired, you have to play the video backward to hear it)... According to a few internet sites (and I did a google search on this and it is true!), apparently that is an anagram for "Bones of Nadlers may lay lost deep in cave". The Nadlers are... Rose and Bernard! And what bones? Adam and Eve from season one! And what did those bones have on them? Two stones: one white... one black!

Craziness!!!

ive thought for a while that rose and bernard are the adam and eve bones, and this only further strengthens that thought...everyone who watches the show is wondering where they are, so you knew they were bigger parts of the story....im guessing after arrow attack rose and bernard went to the caves and eventually died there...

sheesh, people seem very cliquey on this thread. I asked for everyone's thoughts and feedbacks on the the whole Daniel Farraday thing and no one responds, yet when someone else makes a post on something else there's immediately resposes to their posts.

I'm through with this thread, **** everyone.

Many times people post things that dont get responded to. Its for a variety of different reasons.

The reason I didnt respond to your post is that I tried to look up information on Farraday and the picture you were referencing, but I couldnt find it online.

Its an interesting theory, its just I dont think many people really remember whether the picture appeared to older than it should have been.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 12:00 PM)
Many times people post things that dont get responded to. Its for a variety of different reasons.

The reason I didnt respond to your post is that I tried to look up information on Farraday and the picture you were referencing, but I couldnt find it online.

Its an interesting theory, its just I dont think many people really remember whether the picture appeared to older than it should have been.

Thank you very much for your post, I appreciate it. A post like that is good enough, because it makes it less frustrating than checking this thread everyday to see if anyone responded to my posts only to find out that there's no replies and that I might just being ignored and disregarded.

I only asked cause you guys seem much more knowledgeable than the "casual" Lost fans I know personally.

And that picture, I believe it was just a few episodes ago, either the beginning of season 5 or end of season 4.

are you really gonna b**** because nobody responded to your post?? waah nobody responded to me waaah :crying

heres the picture btw...which if you are so desperate for people to respond to your post, then maybe you should take the time to find before telling the whole board to go f*** itself

5x03_Theresa_y_Dan.jpg

as for you theory, yes the picture looks old, but theresa (the dying woman also pictured next to daniel) looks the same age in the pic as well. So she would have had to have travelled through time as well. I think its more likely the picture is 3 years old and was left in a dusty, dirty lab that nobody really touched for 3 years.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 01:07 PM)
Thank you very much for your post, I appreciate it. A post like that is good enough, because it makes it less frustrating than checking this thread everyday to see if anyone responded to my posts only to find out that there's no replies and that I might just being ignored and disregarded.

I only asked cause you guys seem much more knowledgeable than the "casual" Lost fans I know personally.

And that picture, I believe it was just a few episodes ago, either the beginning of season 5 or end of season 4.

Also remember people really only post in this thread on tuesday-thursday from friday-mon its kind of dead because were not really thinking about Lost anymore until we get excited again when tuesday comes because lost is the next day

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 31, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)

Craziness!!!

If you didn't understand anything he just said these links may help you.

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Adam_And_Eve

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Anagram

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Nadler

Because I didn't understand anything I read there so I had to do some research myself :P.

But now that I did that's crazy and awesome at the same time. It becomes more obvious daily that the writers had this all mapped out from day 1.

Edited by kev211