LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Apr 29, 2009 -> 10:44 PM)
They pull these out like once or twice a season it seems like. Cut no corners, just an all answer episode.

I still am not a fan of the overall story line(just doesn't hold my interest like it used to) but it was a solid episode tonight none the less.

I feel the same way.

But, I won't stop watching until it's over like some people I know. I feel bad b/c I feel like Lost is losing it's audience. But, I've invested a lot of time over the last few years keeping up with every episode, so while it may not grip me like it used to, I'll be watching until the end.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 03:43 AM)
I feel the same way.

But, I won't stop watching until it's over like some people I know. I feel bad b/c I feel like Lost is losing it's audience. But, I've invested a lot of time over the last few years keeping up with every episode, so while it may not grip me like it used to, I'll be watching until the end.

Lost is losing its audience.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Lost_episodes

I'll watch it to the end, but its not the same show that got me hooked a few years back. Their answers/ reveals used to leave me saying "holy s***!" but now its just "ok, what's next?" because the story line is so ridiculous.

I am really interesting to see what Daniel's fate is. Remember the island earlier made sure that what was supposed to happen, would still happen, think back to Charlie and how many times he was supposed to die, but Desmond saved him. If he is supposed to get everyone Back to the Future, can the island really allow him to be dead? It ought to be interesting.

If he is supposed to get everyone Back to the Future, can the island really allow him to be dead? It ought to be interesting.

Perhaps his job was to tell Jack what to do.

Some times when people finish their "job" for the Island, they then die.

I felt the most interesting part of the episode is that they destroyed Daniel's "present day/time" theory in that what happened to Daniel had already happened. He felt that he was changing things, but in reality all of this had already happened.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
Perhaps his job was to tell Jack what to do.

Some times when people finish their "job" for the Island, they then die.

I felt the most interesting part of the episode is that they destroyed Daniel's "present day/time" theory in that what happened to Daniel had already happened. He felt that he was changing things, but in reality all of this had already happened.

They upheld it. He couldn't die in 1977 if he was really in the past. He was warning Jack against thinking he could be reckless.

This is why time travel is stupid and doesn't make sense, though.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 06:57 AM)
I am really interesting to see what Daniel's fate is. Remember the island earlier made sure that what was supposed to happen, would still happen, think back to Charlie and how many times he was supposed to die, but Desmond saved him. If he is supposed to get everyone Back to the Future, can the island really allow him to be dead? It ought to be interesting.

I think you've got stuff messed up. Farraday started thinking he COULD change the past, we found out he could not. He was always meant to be killed by his own mother (Eloise), hence why we saw the scene where she got so upset at Widmore after she sent her son off to die at the island. She knew it would start a chain of events that would eventually lead her to killing her own son... she already knew that would happen.

For what... I guess we find out soon enough.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
I think you've got stuff messed up. Farraday started thinking he COULD change the past, we found out he could not. He was always meant to be killed by his own mother (Eloise), hence why we saw the scene where she got so upset at Widmore after she sent her son off to die at the island. She knew it would start a chain of events that would eventually lead her to killing her own son... she already knew that would happen.

For what... I guess we find out soon enough.

A couple of things

What did we know of Radsinsky and Horace prior to this season if anything, I am forgetting.

The Jack airplane rides and the Locke death time line do not make sense. When Ben killed Locke, Ben told him that Jack had booked what appeared to be his first ticket to try and crash, then Ben kills Locke. Yet when Jack reads the obit and goes to the funeral home to see dead Locke he states to Kate that he has been flying for some time t otry and crash.

Where are Bernard Rose and the rest of the gang? Did the firey torches do them in and who shoot those torches and whose boats were those..I assume we will find out in time. Last weeks episode was such a waste.

They upheld it. He couldn't die in 1977 if he was really in the past. He was warning Jack against thinking he could be reckless.

This is why time travel is stupid and doesn't make sense, though.

No they destroyed it.

Daniel's first theory was based on the idea that "this was the first time it was happening to him, but he couldnt interefere/change the past because what was done was done." He started to believe that maybe he could change the past because it was really the present for him.

He believed that it was the "present" for Jack, Kate etc and as such had never happened before.

It turns out that at least Daniel had been to 1977 before, making the idea of "present" irrelevant.

However time is constructed in Lost (and Im starting to believe its alternate time line theories) it is not the way that Daniel perceived it.

Daniel did believe that they could die, but he believed that there death would be the first time it happened. He did not think that he had already died and was just going back in time to fulfill what had already happened.

Time travel on shows is very difficult because every show has a different set of rules.

Edited by Soxbadger

Right now the biggest question I have is that:

On one hand when Faraday met Desmond in the past, it was as if it was the first time ever happening for both Desmond and Faraday. Desmond remembered it as if it was a dream, but it appeared to be actually happening at that time so that the memory formed while he was asleep.

On the other hand when Faraday met Elle it had already happened. Faraday had no recollection of it (obviously) but his mother already knew that it was going to happen.

This is why Im leaning towards alternate time line theory. As there is currently no explanation for why the Desmond/Faraday encounter was not remembered the same way Elle remembered her encounter.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
What did we know of Radsinsky and Horace prior to this season if anything, I am forgetting.

Radzinski annoys the piss outta me, but all we know of him as that he ran the Swan station, went nuts and killed himself. His blood stain was on the ceiling when Kelvin showed Desmond.

Horace just led Dharma it seemed, dies in the Purge, and seemed like a father figure to Ben.

Unless I am missing something, I don't find the time travel theories on the show that confusing. Guess I am better than all of you. :P

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)
My Crazy Crackpot Theory:

This season ends with a nuclear explosion... followed but the passengers of Flight 815 walking of the plane in NY.

So the cliffhanger was that 815 was actually going to NY and not LA? ;)

My whole theory is that if they never crash on the island, they are not better off. Locke is still in the chair, Kate most likely goes to jail since she never meets Jack who lies while testifying, Sun and Jin's marriage is still crap, etc...

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 30, 2009 -> 10:55 PM)
So the cliffhanger was that 815 was actually going to NY and not LA? ;)

My whole theory is that if they never crash on the island, they are not better off. Locke is still in the chair, Kate most likely goes to jail since she never meets Jack who lies while testifying, Sun and Jin's marriage is still crap, etc...

So are you saying it was all a dream or that reality was altered back to "normal"?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 1, 2009 -> 08:26 AM)
So are you saying it was all a dream or that reality was altered back to "normal"?

Ha, wouldn't that be something? Like the movie "North," which was probably the worst ending ever.