LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

What do they do about next season or is the show cancelled?

that's the tease. We will have NO idea what they will do next year. Kinda like the end of Season 3 when everyone one went "oh s***!"

My personal theory is that they will land, but with the memories of the island and many of them will try to restart the Dharma Initiative.

Remember this video:

Dan is alive... or will be brought bake to life and he proves himself to Chang because he predicted the incident.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not reading this thing till i catch up, but I'm at episode 6 of season 5 and i've gotten that far in about 3 weeks. kind of sick really. I railed against watching this show for so long... just because it was so popular i guess... every conversation would eventually turn to Lost ya know. But then finally I saw an episode and was like... s***... now I get it.

So point is - this s*** is f***ing insane and i love it. They just got to the lamp post... as in... Narnia... as in CS Lewis (Charlotte) etc etc i know y'all have already talked about this probably but i think it's awesome so suck on it. :)

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 6, 2009 -> 05:25 PM)
40 minutes in an so far we have been treated to Epicness

I used to hate Jack, but this season has shown that the show is at it's best when he is a major character, love him or hate him.

Im starting to wonder if alternate reality theory. Last night's Fringe went into it a little, but im starting to wonder if perhaps Lost is using the same idea. (Im pretty sure Fringe is done by Abrams as well.)

What it would mean for Lost is that the characters have not only traveled in time but they are in alternate time line where it always happened that way.

For example if you look at the Chang video posted above, Chang appears to be talking to Faraday. One explanation is that Faraday is saved some how. The second explanation is that in that time line when Faraday came back to the island, Dr. Chang believed Faraday therefore Faraday is never killed by his mother, but instead goes on to make that movie with Chang.

Another example could be the purge. In the original time line Ben is responsible for killing all of the Dharma initiative. Perhaps in another time line the A-Bomb kills all the Dharma followers.

They can already occupy the same space and time, so maybe multiple time lines is at work.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Im starting to wonder if alternate reality theory. Last night's Fringe went into it a little, but im starting to wonder if perhaps Lost is using the same idea. (Im pretty sure Fringe is done by Abrams as well.)

What it would mean for Lost is that the characters have not only traveled in time but they are in alternate time line where it always happened that way.

For example if you look at the Chang video posted above, Chang appears to be talking to Faraday. One explanation is that Faraday is saved some how. The second explanation is that in that time line when Faraday came back to the island, Dr. Chang believed Faraday therefore Faraday is never killed by his mother, but instead goes on to make that movie with Chang.

Another example could be the purge. In the original time line Ben is responsible for killing all of the Dharma initiative. Perhaps in another time line the A-Bomb kills all the Dharma followers.

They can already occupy the same space and time, so maybe multiple time lines is at work.

Fringe = awesome and it is done by Abrams. Abrams doesn't work on Lost anymore and hasen't since season 2 I think, but he was one of the people who mapped the whole thing out.

It's an interesting theory and way to confusing for me to try to break down.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 6, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
Fringe = awesome and it is done by Abrams. Abrams doesn't work on Lost anymore and hasen't since season 2 I think, but he was one of the people who mapped the whole thing out.

It's an interesting theory and way to confusing for me to try to break down.

J.J cowrote the season 3 premiere. Primary showrunners are Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 6, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)

This also could be going back to the Island corrects itself theory with Charlie and Desmond, when Des saves Charlie a bunch of times before finally letting him go.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2009 -> 03:35 PM)
Nah, Jacob has to be Locke. Therein lies the problem, he won't kill himself will he?

I thought they were setting it up to be Jack because of all the "this is why we are meant to be here" stuff that Jack finally started saying.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 7, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
I thought they were setting it up to be Jack because of all the "this is why we are meant to be here" stuff that Jack finally started saying.

And by Locke getting Ben to admit he's never seen Jacob, it basically tells the audience that they have free reign to make Jacob anyone we already know and it would work.

SS2k,

This also could be going back to the Island corrects itself theory with Charlie and Desmond, when Des saves Charlie a bunch of times before finally letting him go.

Great point, this idea even makes more sense with the ideas in the Fringe episode. (If you have seen the episode then youll understand, I dont want to post spoilers about a show thats less then 1 season in because people may pick up Fringe in the future.)

The idea would be that Desmond wasnt seeing the future, but instead was seeing alternate realities where Charlie died in different ways do to different actions by different people.

But in the end, it didnt matter because what happens happens, it just some times takes different routes to reach the same end.

If Jack is Jacob, then why would Christian have bothered to tell Locke to "Say hello to my son for me" right before Locke turned the wheel to get off the island? Couldn't Christian have just said "hello" to Jacob/Jack in his cabin when he was there hanging out with Claire?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 8, 2009 -> 07:49 AM)
Jack is beginning to annoy me, but I fear his death would be bad for the show. Hopefully none of them die, actually.

Agreed. Even thought I am not a fan of him, the show is better when he has a major role like last week.

I think I just realized why women on the Others are unable to have children...

I think somehow, perhaps because of Jack, the hydrogen bomb goes off, and it fills the island with radiation.

...and because of the side effects from the radiation, women on the island are unable to bear live children.