LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

Someone brought up a good point about how Jack's dad told Locke that he needed to die to bring everyone back. I was thinking, could that be Esau who was the one pretending to be Jack's dad. However, when Fake Locke, Sun, Ben, and Frank first went back to the main island, wasn't it Jack's dad in the house? So, there has to be a separate entity that is working with Esau, IMO.

And finally, most people know about Joseph and technicolor dream coat, and so on. However, Jacob had one more son after Joseph. Guess what that sons name was... Ben! Also, before Ben was born, Jacob was to change his name to Isreal, and during labor, Jacob's wife Rachel had died. Didn't Ben's mother die during labor?

Ben and his father never had a good relationship, and it was always blamed on the fact that his wife had died in labor. Could it turn out all together that Jacob was actually the father of Ben and the real reason Ben's dad hated him was because he knew he wasn't his? This could explain why Jacob never showed himself to Ben in the first place.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like that boat in the beginning was likely black rock (completely forgot about that boat). Wondering what Jacob's plans are with how he kept bringing boats and planes to the island. Was he trying to create a utopia? He said anything in between is progress, but progress for what?

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 14, 2009 -> 07:33 PM)
In a discussion I had today with some other Lost fans, one brought up a very good point.

Remember in season 2 when they were showing Desmond's story, when he is first found on the island, the guy who is with him always wore a radiation suit outside. If you recall, he would go out everyday with the suit on. Eventually it turned out there was a rip in it, and it was safe to go outside, but could the reason they had the suit in the first place be because of the hydrogen bomb?

So, was Miles right, and was setting of the A-Bomb actually the event that caused everything?

Very interesting. Longest 8 months of my life coming up.

right - the bomb IS the incident. Faraday was trying to MAKE the incident happen, not stop it. He knew it had to happen. Why?

If the bomb didn't go off, the electromagnetic energy would've gotten out of control and screwed up the planet's alignment, axis, etc, wreaking havoc on everything. The bomb had to go off to negate that energy, in order to allow the swan to be built on top of it. Without the bomb, the Swan never could've been built because the energy in the area wouldn't allow for anything to be built on top. Essentially, after the explosion, they all die and everything goes back to Episode 1 Season 1.

So then what? They're stuck in a time loop with everything replaying over and over again. Next season we will see the return of constants, and the goal will be to find the loophole, break the cycle, since none of the survivors will have any memory of the things that happen once they die and things start over again.

That's my guess.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 14, 2009 -> 08:03 PM)
Someone brought up a good point about how Jack's dad told Locke that he needed to die to bring everyone back. I was thinking, could that be Esau who was the one pretending to be Jack's dad. However, when Fake Locke, Sun, Ben, and Frank first went back to the main island, wasn't it Jack's dad in the house? So, there has to be a separate entity that is working with Esau, IMO.

And finally, most people know about Joseph and technicolor dream coat, and so on. However, Jacob had one more son after Joseph. Guess what that sons name was... Ben! Also, before Ben was born, Jacob was to change his name to Isreal, and during labor, Jacob's wife Rachel had died. Didn't Ben's mother die during labor?

Ben and his father never had a good relationship, and it was always blamed on the fact that his wife had died in labor. Could it turn out all together that Jacob was actually the father of Ben and the real reason Ben's dad hated him was because he knew he wasn't his? This could explain why Jacob never showed himself to Ben in the first place.

also... read page 81 of this thread - a lot of that was already discussed.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 14, 2009 -> 10:35 PM)
right - the bomb IS the incident. Faraday was trying to MAKE the incident happen, not stop it. He knew it had to happen. Why?

If the bomb didn't go off, the electromagnetic energy would've gotten out of control and screwed up the planet's alignment, axis, etc, wreaking havoc on everything. The bomb had to go off to negate that energy, in order to allow the swan to be built on top of it. Without the bomb, the Swan never could've been built because the energy in the area wouldn't allow for anything to be built on top. Essentially, after the explosion, they all die and everything goes back to Episode 1 Season 1.

So then what? They're stuck in a time loop with everything replaying over and over again. Next season we will see the return of constants, and the goal will be to find the loophole, break the cycle, since none of the survivors will have any memory of the things that happen once they die and things start over again.

That's my guess.

I'm pretty sure Jacob touched all of Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Hugo, and Jin. So, I was thinking everything is restored to normal and we go back to episode 1, and that is now the present, BUT, I think all those touched by Jacob remember everything that has happened. Perhaps Jacob planned for them to remember everything so they can plan what to do and change what will happen to keep him alive.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 14, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
I'm pretty sure Jacob touched all of Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Sayid, Hugo, and Jin. So, I was thinking everything is restored to normal and we go back to episode 1, and that is now the present, BUT, I think all those touched by Jacob remember everything that has happened. Perhaps Jacob planned for them to remember everything so they can plan what to do and change what will happen to keep him alive.

but how could they "remember"?? the 1977 real world (non-island) versions of them are little kids, how would they suddenly have memory of the island before they get there??

i think those flashbacks were just to signify Jacobs hand in all of their lives.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ May 14, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
Wait aren't you all jumping the gun? Is it a for-sure thing that ABC is picking up the last season?

It will be back for sure. 18 more episodes.

QUOTE (maggliopipe @ May 14, 2009 -> 10:57 PM)
Wait aren't you all jumping the gun? Is it a for-sure thing that ABC is picking up the last season?

It's been for sure for about 2.5 years now. When Lost signed the deal with ABC to go 6 seasons and no longer to give us the fans comfort in knowing there is an end, and the writers a purpose.

Edited by kev211

Some things that I want to put out there.

There is a theme that you need to bury the dead on the island. Some poeple that have not been buried or we are not sure if they have. Christian Sheppard, Alex Rosseau, and John Locke. I know there are many others.

Dead John Locke tells Richard he must tell Alive John Locke he has to die.

Dead Christian Sheppard tells Alive John Locke he has to die.

Dead Alex Rosseau tells Alive Ben Linus that he must listen to the now Dead John Locke....who disappears temporarily while Dead Alex appears. Dead John Locke can not kill Jacob but he can convince soembody to kill him who is alive. The loophole discussed in the opening scene that Jacob tells Dead John Locke.

At the beginning of the show there is a person possibly dead, possibly alive that wants Jacob dead. That person called Esau may only be that physical body of a random dead person on the island and the physical person is not important as that person's conversation with Jacob.

If the no two dead people can not exist as living on the island, which I think, Claire would have to be alive in my theory. Also my thought is that Richard Alpert is dead which is why he never ages....he could be inhabited by another version of Jacob's opening scene friend.

I think the bigger story lies in that what are Jacob and his islandmate discussing as the Black Rock nears? Doesn't the BlackRock appear in the middle of the island hence the thought the island disappeared and reappeared under the Black Rock..........

I can't even get into the Egyptian thing......but I still have 8 months to think about it.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 15, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
If the no two dead people can not exist as living on the island, which I think, Claire would have to be alive in my theory. Also my thought is that Richard Alpert is dead which is why he never ages....he could be inhabited by another version of Jacob's opening scene friend.

Richard can't be dead if no two dead people can exist as living.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 15, 2009 -> 01:00 PM)
Richard can't be dead if no two dead people can exist as living.

Richard and Jacob are in the same whatever state they are as they can travel to and from the island and retain their island features. So in terms of Locke and Christian dead he can not be this kind of dead.

I would still like to know what the deal is with the Others, like where did they come from and what is their purpose? What happened to the people they kidnapped in season 2 and what were they doing with Walt? They lived in Dharmaville for a while and they took up to living in tents again.......

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 15, 2009 -> 11:23 PM)
Walt better play a huge part next year, and he sure as hell better be special.

I think it will be funny if they end up starting the season with them landing in LA, and Walt grew 1 foot during the flight.

QUOTE (kev211 @ May 15, 2009 -> 11:35 PM)
I think it will be funny if they end up starting the season with them landing in LA, and Walt grew 1 foot during the flight.

And has a deep voice.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 19, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
If the ending was know all along and therseries arc never changed and the series ended with the plane landing in L.A. I would've hoped they would have filmed this during the filiming of episode 1 season 1.

They've been making it up as they went along.

I read it in a more simpler way. Jacob is under the impression that humans are inherently good, Essau (or whatever) is under the impression they are inherently corrupt and bad. Jacob brings people to the island, and monitors them externally to prove that they can ultimately be good, the other guy does similar things to prove that they are bad. They already know the outcome of the arc, but Jacob states that any progress, or signs of people being good, is a good thing.

I see it as just the basic struggle between a good and evil being in this utopia.