LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Starting the Feb 2nd with NO weeks off, I think the season (16 days, 18 hours...the open and finale will be 2 hours long) would end May 18th. If they took two weeks off for the Olympics, then it's June 1. Unless my math is off.

So they're gonna show two weeks of episodes then take two weeks off?

Lame.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
^^^^^

Just wet myself.

I am very excited about Season 6, but it's going to be a little bitter sweet. A group of my friends do LOST season premier and finale parties... but sadly one of them unexpectedly died on Monday, so... it just wont be the same on Feb 2nd.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 23, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
I am very excited about Season 6, but it's going to be a little bitter sweet. A group of my friends do LOST season premier and finale parties... but sadly one of them unexpectedly died on Monday, so... it just wont be the same on Feb 2nd.

My deepest sympathies, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. :( -_-

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 01:06 AM)
I think I am going to do a season 3 finale to end of season 5 rewatch before the final season begins.

I have been jumping around through episodes in no order the past few days while off of work. At first, I thought Season 5 was lackluster, but watching stuff again, it grows on me.

Anyone else just completely lose interest in this show? I dunno what it is, but I've gone from serious mental issues with liking the show (thinking about it most of the work day, reading the various websites, devoting RSS feed space to the summaries after each episode, etc) to being very disinterested and unexcited about its return. My fiance continues to be obsessed, and she's asked me about 15 times in the last 2 weeks to watch an old episode with her, but I just can't do it. We sat through the first episode from Season 5 two nights ago (I did promise to watch the whole season to get ready for the premiere), but I dunno, it didn't do anything for me.

I'm not sure what to think. Maybe having the new and final episodes to watch will bring it back.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
I have been jumping around through episodes in no order the past few days while off of work. At first, I thought Season 5 was lackluster, but watching stuff again, it grows on me.

Ya same you don't realize how much ground season 5 covers until you watch the premiere of it which I did a few days ago. Also, watching through the looking glass last night I forgot how awesome of an episode that was.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Anyone else just completely lose interest in this show? I dunno what it is, but I've gone from serious mental issues with liking the show (thinking about it most of the work day, reading the various websites, devoting RSS feed space to the summaries after each episode, etc) to being very disinterested and unexcited about its return. My fiance continues to be obsessed, and she's asked me about 15 times in the last 2 weeks to watch an old episode with her, but I just can't do it. We sat through the first episode from Season 5 two nights ago (I did promise to watch the whole season to get ready for the premiere), but I dunno, it didn't do anything for me.

I'm not sure what to think. Maybe having the new and final episodes to watch will bring it back.

Not in the least. I am getting more excited by the day.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:19 PM)
Not in the least. I am getting more excited by the day.

Ditto. I go to www.SL-LOST.com all the time in hopes of new promos and junk like that as long as there are NO spoilers.

I have accidently read some spoilers though, but won't hinder my enjoyment.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:36 PM)
Ditto. I go to www.SL-LOST.com all the time in hopes of new promos and junk like that as long as there are NO spoilers.

I have accidently read some spoilers though, but won't hinder my enjoyment.

I haven't looked at anything new, but going back and watching the previous years with hindsight has been awesome.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
I haven't looked at anything new, but going back and watching the previous years with hindsight has been awesome.

I should go back an watch Season 2. I think that was my favorite season of them all, which is odd, because most people think it was the worst and the season where most viewers stopped watching.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
I should go back an watch Season 2. I think that was my favorite season of them all, which is odd, because most people think it was the worst and the season where most viewers stopped watching.

Three has actually been my favorite, and then five. The very first scene of three set the whole tone, which was awesomeness.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
Season Three was by far my least favorite. When I first watched seasons 1-4 online, season three took me like a month where the other 3 lasted about two weeks combined.

I will say this much... The Nikki and Paulo episode was the worst in the show's history, by a country mile. God that was horrible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
I will say this much... The Nikki and Paulo episode was the worst in the show's history, by a country mile. God that was horrible.

It's the only episode I've never seen. Skipped over it and haven't looked back.

It was no worse than anything with Rose and Bernard, Ms. Cleo, the other tail survivors, or any other number of worthless characters the show introduced for no important reason. Their failure there was that they didn't set that up in the beginning and it was just odd that they suddenly thrusted background folk to speaking folk.

And really, I thought they way that the killed them off was pretty clever (even if it didn't really fit in the show).