LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 11:46 AM)
It was no worse than anything with Rose and Bernard, Ms. Cleo, the other tail survivors, or any other number of worthless characters the show introduced for no important reason. Their failure there was that they didn't set that up in the beginning and it was just odd that they suddenly thrusted background folk to speaking folk.

And really, I thought they way that the killed them off was pretty clever (even if it didn't really fit in the show).

They at least have important connections into the main storyline. Those two completely meant nothing to the show.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
I will say this much... The Nikki and Paulo episode was the worst in the show's history, by a country mile. God that was horrible.

It had one good line by Sawyer, "Who's Nikki?"

Not to mention her on a stripper pole.

Otherwise, yes, bad and pointless.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
Season Three was by far my least favorite. When I first watched seasons 1-4 online, season three took me like a month where the other 3 lasted about two weeks combined.

The first 6 episodes were too much love triangle drama. Then there was a load of crap like the Nikki & Paulo episode, the flashback episode with Desmond where we saw the same stuff we've seen a million times over and over, the van episode, etc. The last few weeks and the finale were great, but the rest of the season was really mediocre imo.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)
The first 6 episodes were too much love triangle drama. Then there was a load of crap like the Nikki & Paulo episode, the flashback episode with Desmond where we saw the same stuff we've seen a million times over and over, the van episode, etc. The last few weeks and the finale were great, but the rest of the season was really mediocre imo.

Locke telling Jack he wouldn't shoot him, and then Jack pulling the trigger was just awesome.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 30, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Anyone else just completely lose interest in this show? I dunno what it is, but I've gone from serious mental issues with liking the show (thinking about it most of the work day, reading the various websites, devoting RSS feed space to the summaries after each episode, etc) to being very disinterested and unexcited about its return. My fiance continues to be obsessed, and she's asked me about 15 times in the last 2 weeks to watch an old episode with her, but I just can't do it. We sat through the first episode from Season 5 two nights ago (I did promise to watch the whole season to get ready for the premiere), but I dunno, it didn't do anything for me.

I'm not sure what to think. Maybe having the new and final episodes to watch will bring it back.

I was getting to this point and then I popped in season 3 and am now back into it. I rewatched season 1 and 2 before last year to get back in the mood last year and they help.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 2, 2010 -> 07:08 PM)

Watched that episode yesterday. Interesting towards the end, Desmond realizes he is reliving things and decided to changes things with Penny than BOOM! A flash! Just like the one that ended Season 5.

I don't think the bomb went off. I think Juliet was about to change the future and a flash happened, sending them back to the present. What Happened Happened.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 10:21 AM)
Locke telling Jack he wouldn't shoot him, and then Jack pulling the trigger was just awesome.

I think he's talking about season 3, and your talking about the first episode of 4.

I love watching this show in hindsight and I'm now halfway through 4 there's a lot of stuff that I just forgot and a lot of lines of dialog that are awesome when you realize it's referring to stuff you didn't know then.

Edited by kev211

From a recent interview with Cuse.

THR: Is there any one character’s story line that you think particularly emotionally resonates this season?

Cuse: Jack and Locke have always been at the center of the show, that dilemma of faith vs. reason, and the conflict between those two characters has been there since the beginning. It’s very exciting to bring that relationship to its conclusion, and we can’t really be any less vague about that.

I always wanted to have a scene where Jack finds out that Locke was paralyzed before the crash. We better get it!!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 05:30 PM)
Or that Jack failed in operating on Locke after his fall???

If that was a swerve, I would have trouble buying it because it seems Jack has a pretty good memory of past patients.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 10:09 PM)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The White House may schedule the next State of the Union address for Feb 2. Jan 26th is the other option. Jan 26, Barack!!!!

Well the only good about this is maybe well get Lost a week earlier? But then wed have to wait 2 weeks for episode 2, ABC would probably just move it to 2-9 though and take out one of the week breaks.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 8, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
Lindelof and Cuse both tweeted it

"No State of the Union conflict with LOST! We go Feb. 2!"

Via TheWrap

The White House has come to its senses and won't hold the State of the Union speech on Feb. 2.

Dharma lovers were agag when word leaked out this week that Team Obama was mulling scheduling SOTU on the same night ABC had long ago slotted the final season premiere of "Lost." Doing so would likely result in a one-week delay of the premiere, and many fans reacted by declaring, "This will not stand."

But today, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs assured "Lost"-ies the Prez won't speak on Feb. 2. Just when he'll State of the Union-ize isn't decided, but it won't impact "Lost."

Edited by Athomeboy_2000