LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
So it will be interesting to see how all of the people who already died, die again.

My guess is the same thing that happened to them on the island will happen to them in the "What If" timeline.

why do i keep getting my hopes up that they will actually answer any f***ing question in this show....

im a bit frustrated right now...instead of explaning everything (or hell anything), they introduce new characters, new timelines, underwater islands, etc all in the final season and still don't explain anything....i hate how they advertise that "the time for questions is over"...yet all they do is keep bringing in new storylines without addressing any of the outstanding questions

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
why do i keep getting my hopes up that they will actually answer any f***ing question in this show....

im a bit frustrated right now...instead of explaning everything (or hell anything), they introduce new characters, new timelines, underwater islands, etc all in the final season and still don't explain anything....i hate how they advertise that "the time for questions is over"...yet all they do is keep bringing in new storylines without addressing any of the outstanding questions

I guess you didn't watch the same show I did. They pretty much answered what the smoke was which is only one of the biggest mysteries of the show. The people at the temple are the Others that followed Jacob. The water is meant to heal but since Jacob is dead, I'm guessing it doesn't have the same healing powers.

There are 16 hours of show left. Not everything will be answered in the season premiere.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
Weren't you the one who was asking who Jacob was like a week ago?

Yes but that's stuff you can look up online and catch up on in 5-10 minutes. Why waste a full hour on it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
I like this so far.

On island stuff interwoven with a "What If" timeline.

I don't think it's a "What If" scenario. I believe it's a parallel universe where they live simultaneously in both time lines.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:16 PM)
So who is fake-Locke? Or what season do I go back to remind myself ?

Fake Locke is the smoke monster being controlled by Dark Jacob (that's what I call the guy who said in S5 Finale "Do you know how badly I want to kill you?", because he was wearing dark colored clothes and Jacob was wearing white clothes... and the show has always kept the Dark vs Light theme going)

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
I guess you didn't watch the same show I did. They pretty much answered what the smoke was which is only one of the biggest mysteries of the show. The people at the temple are the Others that followed Jacob. The water is meant to heal but since Jacob is dead, I'm guessing it doesn't have the same healing powers.

There are 16 hours of show left. Not everything will be answered in the season premiere.

they answered that smoke monster is jacobs nemesis...but thats it.....

why is the island underwater when they are flying over? why is desmond on that plane? why is hurley "lucky"? Where is Christian? Who exactly is the Chinese guy? Who is the flight attendant lady? Why was Charley supposed to die? Why are their names in the Ankh? Did the reset work or not?

I guess I just had heard that this season premiere was supposed to answer alot of questions and that the timeline for this season is told as one continuous story. I guess I'm just confused by alot of it, when I thought things would be a bit more clear. I'm just not as captivated by all these convoluted story lines as I was in the first 2-3 seasons...that said its still must see TV and i can't wait for next week. Just thought things would be more clear this week and was a bit disappointed by it

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
I guess I just had heard that this season premiere was supposed to answer alot of questions and that the timeline for this season is told as one continuous story. I guess I'm just confused by alot of it, when I thought things would be a bit more clear. I'm just not as captivated by all these convoluted story lines as I was in the first 2-3 seasons...that said its still must see TV and i can't wait for next week. Just thought things would be more clear this week and was a bit disappointed by it

I never got the impression that all the answers were suppose to be revealed in the season premiere.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
they answered that smoke monster is jacobs nemesis...but thats it.....

why is the island underwater when they are flying over? why is desmond on that plane? why is hurley "lucky"? Where is Christian? Who exactly is the Chinese guy? Who is the flight attendant lady? Why was Charley supposed to die? Why are their names in the Ankh? Did the reset work or not?

I'm guessing that the season will end with the island going underwater and the Losties all being placed back on the plane like it never happened. So the stuff on the plane was a fast-forward of sorts. That could explain why Jack thought Desmond looked familar. A couple times Jack had a look on his face like he kind of knew these people were familiar but couldn't place them.

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 12:10 AM)
I'm guessing that the season will end with the island going underwater and the Losties all being placed back on the plane like it never happened. So the stuff on the plane was a fast-forward of sorts. That could explain why Jack thought Desmond looked familar. A couple times Jack had a look on his face like he kind of knew these people were familiar but couldn't place them.

Hmmmmm, I think... it's some kinda alternate reality when they showed Jack and the people on the plane and the island underwater, because the original flight took place in 2004.

However, in the "original reality", where Jacob was killed by Fake Locke, and how Sayid was brought to the temple by Hugo and Jack, etc, we know this takes place in 2007. We also know that all the scenes shown at the temple and the beach by the statue foot took place at the same time cause they showed how the Others on the beach by the statue foot saw the signal flares the people at the temple shot into the sky.

This is all so confusing, I wonder if somehow both realities will collide in some way.

As far as Jack sort of recognizing Desmond, I just think it's because they have met before. In a flashback (maybe Season 2, Episode 1), they are in that stadium when they were both running the steps and they cross paths.

Edited by dasox24