LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
they answered that smoke monster is jacobs nemesis...but thats it.....

why is the island underwater when they are flying over? why is desmond on that plane? why is hurley "lucky"? Where is Christian? Who exactly is the Chinese guy? Who is the flight attendant lady? Why was Charley supposed to die? Why are their names in the Ankh? Did the reset work or not?

I guess I just had heard that this season premiere was supposed to answer alot of questions and that the timeline for this season is told as one continuous story. I guess I'm just confused by alot of it, when I thought things would be a bit more clear. I'm just not as captivated by all these convoluted story lines as I was in the first 2-3 seasons...that said its still must see TV and i can't wait for next week. Just thought things would be more clear this week and was a bit disappointed by it

i'm with you. i feel like the episode had a bunch of really great moments, but as a whole, i'm still left as completely baffled as I was going into it... if not more so. And the only things they answered are the things we've all bee assuming already... lol

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 12:53 AM)
Sayid = Jacob. Which is why he told Hurley to take Sayid to the temple. Clearly the water was not what healed Sayid, something else brought him back to life.

Came in here to post this. That's why they said Sayid was most important. Jakob took his body much like the smoke monster took Locke's

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
Came in here to post this. That's why they said Sayid was most important. Jakob took his body much like the smoke monster took Locke's

Yes, and as far as I can remember no one in the history of the show just revived(we don't know what happened with Christian though). So Sayid is not Sayid, and Jacob is the only thing I can think he would be.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
However, in the "original reality", where Jacob was killed by Fake Locke, and how Sayid was brought to the temple by Hugo and Jack, etc, we know this takes place in 2007.

We're obviously back in 2004, mommy is still waiting at the funeral for Jack's dad, etc etc. Interestingly enough, they showed Jack analyzing his face as if thinking "do I look a bit older?"

QUOTE (Real @ Feb 2, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
Originally I thought "1977, look at all the hippie clothes!"

But Cindy is at the temple, and she was part of Flight 815, so I'm guessing 2007

And Jacob went to Hurley and said "I died an hour ago". So, Jack and Hurley group are now in 23007 with the Ben and "Locke" group.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:30 AM)
We're obviously back in 2004, mommy is still waiting at the funeral for Jack's dad, etc etc. Interestingly enough, they showed Jack analyzing his face as if thinking "do I look a bit older?"

Hmmmm, I think the alternate reality where they landed in LAX and mommy's waiting at the funeral for Jack's father is in 2004, but the original reality where Jacob was killed and Jack and the others are with the Others at the Temple is in 2007 because Lapidus is on the island, too.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 08:58 AM)
Hmmmm, I think the alternate reality where they landed in LAX and mommy's waiting at the funeral for Jack's father is in 2004, but the original reality where Jacob was killed and Jack and the others are with the Others at the Temple is in 2007 because Lapidus is on the island, too.

With two separate story lines, you have to guess that the 2004 groups existence is to stop Jacob's death.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Good to see it took them months to come up with great lines like this: "I lost my bag, what did you lose?"

Really? Why would anyone ever ask that in the lost baggage desk at the airport.

Because people never make awkward conversations in crappy situations?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:10 AM)
Because people never make awkward conversations in crappy situations?

LOL. Such a fan boy. There's so many other ways that could have been written to sound more natural and realistic.

For instance:

Locke: "I hate when they lose your bag"

or have him somehow overhear Jack talk about his dad's coffin being lost.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:12 AM)
LOL. Such a fan boy. There's so many other ways that could have been written to sound more natural and realistic.

For instance:

Because Locke is such a smooth conversationalist? Or the more obvious it that the line has a meaning that we don't yet know. Going back and rewatching the first five seasons, there are a ton of those when you have hindsight to understand them.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:12 AM)

For instance:

plus how bout this, what if locke already feels a sort of comfortableness with Jack - doesn't know why - but it enables him to say something to him. just like jack is having these moments of recognition, why wouldn't the others?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:38 AM)
LOL, that's totally it. What is wrong man, are you looking for an argument?

Not at all. I just find it funny that no matter what flaw is ever revealed the fanboys have a perfectly rational explanation (in their mind at least).

I won't even get into how annoying the music is on the show and how it's overused.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
Not at all. I just find it funny that no matter what flaw is ever revealed the fanboys have a perfectly rational explanation (in their mind at least).

I won't even get into how annoying the music is on the show and how it's overused.

If you are looking for logic and making sense, I think the problem is that you are watching the wrong show.

I wasn't too happy with the episode as the whole show seemed to change and added things I am not a fan of. I like Juliet and her death sucks as I really despise Kate. I like Sawyer now though......odd

I did like the Locke / Jack exchange in that it makes Jack the healer again should it allow Locke to walk.

My thoughts

The bomb went off and it caused things in peoples lives to change. Desmond never made it onto the island as the island is now underwater. Hurley is now lucky because he guessed

the numbers right not because some wacky guy in an asylum told him them. It wonder if Rose is healed. If the island is underwater, did Jacob drown?

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:58 AM)
So it seems like the temple and it's inhabitants are in the year 2007. So did the flight attendant survive the original crash and get integrated in that "clan's" society?

The flight attendant's path is the same as the rest of the Oceanic survivors she was accepted into the Others with the children I believe. She is not different than Kate, Jack, Sawyer, etc. except that they liked her more I guess......