LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 10:08 AM)
The flight attendant's path is the same as the rest of the Oceanic survivors she was accepted into the Others with the children I believe. She is not different than Kate, Jack, Sawyer, etc. except that they liked her more I guess......

Yeah, it goes back to all of the kidnappings in the very beginning of the show. Everyone who was on the lists, was supposed to be integrated into the "others".

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
I'm arguing to the wrong people. You guys probably can't find a single thing to fault in this series. *shakes head*

are you serious? did you not see my post suggesting i was underwhelmed by the season premiere?

that - and all this stealing bodies s***... kinda lame if you ask me. but i'll keep an open mind.

Solid start. A couple of "oh s***!" moments, more "wtf?" moments, some overacting/underacting.....typical Lost for me. Bigswert I think you're just nitpicking if all you can complain about is some random one liner. But I DO agree that the music (that bum....bum da-na-na-naaaa, bum da-na-na-naaaa music) is used too much. It was awesome when played with just strings (season 3 finale) but now he/they tried to keep it with all sorts of different variations. I don't think it works that well.

My only complaint was the Juliette/Sawyer/Jack stuff. First, the guy that plays Sawyer isn't a good enough actor to pull off all that emotion. So it became kinda unbelievable for me. But why even bring Juliette back? To give her a send off? Seemed like a bunch of wasted time to me. They kept me going enough to think that maybe they'd also take her to the Temple with Sayid, and maybe save her, but nope, pretty much "buried" that idea (athankyou). I'm sure she'll pop up later as a ghost or whatever, but I thought a lot of that was unnecessary (similarly, I didn't care for them playing the last 2-3 minutes of season 5 about 4 times in 10 minutes - once in the recap show, 2-3 times in the regular show. We know what happened, no need to show it a million times.)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 09:35 AM)
I'm arguing to the wrong people. You guys probably can't find a single thing to fault in this series. *shakes head*

Your upset about a single line. Talk about nit-picky. I'm not going to rate an episode lower or a series lower because of one line, that really isn't that out of place.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 10:41 AM)
Solid start. A couple of "oh s***!" moments, more "wtf?" moments, some overacting/underacting.....typical Lost for me. Bigswert I think you're just nitpicking if all you can complain about is some random one liner. But I DO agree that the music (that bum....bum da-na-na-naaaa, bum da-na-na-naaaa music) is used too much. It was awesome when played with just strings (season 3 finale) but now he/they tried to keep it with all sorts of different variations. I don't think it works that well.

My only complaint was the Juliette/Sawyer/Jack stuff. First, the guy that plays Sawyer isn't a good enough actor to pull off all that emotion. So it became kinda unbelievable for me. But why even bring Juliette back? To give her a send off? Seemed like a bunch of wasted time to me. They kept me going enough to think that maybe they'd also take her to the Temple with Sayid, and maybe save her, but nope, pretty much "buried" that idea (athankyou). I'm sure she'll pop up later as a ghost or whatever, but I thought a lot of that was unnecessary (similarly, I didn't care for them playing the last 2-3 minutes of season 5 about 4 times in 10 minutes - once in the recap show, 2-3 times in the regular show. We know what happened, no need to show it a million times.)

The whole Juliet thing happened because she had to tell Sawyer "it worked." But I agree it took them way to long to pull her out and stuff for her to just die. They could of rescued her much faster and had Miles get that line from her faster.

Was I the only one who really didn't care about the Losties too much? I found myself wanting to just see more scene from the statue with Flocke, Ben, and Richard.

Edited by kev211

Am I looking at this right?

So, with the detonation of the bomb, two time lines emerged.

Time line 1 (the original):

The bomb does not "work", the surveyors flash to 2007, in 1977 The DI continues to buils the hatches, O815 crashes in 2004,

Time line 2 (the bomb works):

The bomb explodes, changes the island time line between 1977 and 2004 (think Back to the Future's time line skew), the island sinks somewhere in that new time frame, O815 lands safely.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 10:45 AM)
Your upset about a single line. Talk about nit-picky. I'm not going to rate an episode lower or a series lower because of one line, that really isn't that out of place.

It wasn't just that. Why did the Dharma van get transported magically back to 2007? To conveniently help with the wreckage on top of Juliette?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
It wasn't just that. Why did the Dharma van get transported magically back to 2007? To conveniently help with the wreckage on top of Juliette?

Or the 45 foot chain that just happened to be there. I think the van keeps up with the flashes in season 5 though. Whatever they were touching traveled with them. Hurley was leaning against the van with Sayid when they "flashed" to 2007.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 11:00 AM)
Am I looking at this right?

So, with the detonation of the bomb, two time lines emerged.

Time line 1 (the original):

The bomb does not "work", the surveyors flash to 2007, in 1977 The DI continues to buils the hatches, O815 crashes in 2004,

Time line 2 (the bomb works):

The bomb explodes, changes the island time line between 1977 and 2004 (think Back to the Future's time line skew), the island sinks somewhere in that new time frame, O815 lands safely.

I personally think we're seeing the result of what group A (2007) is going to do in this season to net the result we are seeing with group B (2004).

So, for the final episode, Group A will pull off whatever is needed to sink the island and truly make it as if nothing happened, while the show will wrap up nicely having given us some "post Lost" storyline with Group B. It's all a linear story, just with A and B being shown simultaneously even though A happens before B even though it really happens after it.

Haha.

I do think I'm right though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 11:13 AM)
I personally think we're seeing the result of what group A (2007) is going to do in this season to net the result we are seeing with group B (2004).

So, for the final episode, Group A will pull off whatever is needed to sink the island and truly make it as if nothing happened, while the show will wrap up nicely having given us some "post Lost" storyline with Group B. It's all a linear story, just with A and B being shown simultaneously even though A happens before B even though it really happens after it.

Haha.

the 2007 group would have to move the island back in time then sink it for the island to be submerged in 2004.

My head hurts.

Haha.

I think somehow the two realities are going to collide, with Desmond being the main reason why.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 11:19 AM)
the 2007 group would have to move the island back in time then sink it for the island to be submerged in 2004.

My head hurts.

Eh, if they pull of something new that means it never happened, we see an unabridged version where the plan safely lands in LAX. The island is underwater because the Losties prevented somethign... eh who the f*** knows.

Haha.

I think you're right too.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 3, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)

Everything they had with them during the time flashes last season stayed with them, like the zodiac so that isn't some random new thing that the writers just made up to conveniently save Juliet.

I'm on the bandwagon that something is up with Sayid. His voice was obviously different when he "woke up".

Love the Lostpedia forums. Differences on Alt flights.

1. Hurley thinks he is lucky

2. Theory that Sun and Jin are NOT married. Worker at LAX calls Sun Ms. Paik and no wedding rings.

3. Desmond, duh.

4. Sawyer?

5. Kate?

More?

Edited by Brian