LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 11:44 PM)
Bigsqwert please name me one show in the history of television that doesn't have down episodes? If you honestly think this is one of the worst episodes of the series then I suggest you rewatch season 2, and the beginning of 3.

FYI - This is one of my favorite shows of all time. I thought last night's episode was terrible, as did a ton of people on lostpedia. Not sure why you're trying to convince me that this was a good episode. Even my wife, who never criticizes the show, said it was awful.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
I wish they'd just kill Kate. I didn't care about the love triangle in season 3 and I really don't care now.

So much for answers. I'm still convinced the only way this makes sense in the end is if the series finale is a 3 hour special with the creators and a room full of white boards.

Agreed.

Also, they have these episodes EVERY season. They're called filler. Enough to move some pieces along, but really they can't just give you 15 hours of straight action. Pretty meh, but it was entertaining to see some of the other secondary characters and how they fit in to the sideways world (Ethan and the professor who gets blown up). Also cool to see Claire there at the end. And suprisingly Jack wasn't too annoying. I sorta liked his plan to take the pill.

My theory after this one is that Jacob and the other guy (the monster) are essentially building up teams for a final battle - good v evil, believers v doubters. Looks like next week "Locke" is going to convince Sawyer to do something along the coast which is probably going to kill him (I dunno how the fall from cliffs above rocks would go any other way). Problem is they said Claire and now Sayid were evil too. Doesn't seem to make much sense really. How is Claire an evil one?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 08:57 AM)
Agreed.

Also, they have these episodes EVERY season. They're called filler. Enough to move some pieces along, but really they can't just give you 15 hours of straight action. Pretty meh, but it was entertaining to see some of the other secondary characters and how they fit in to the sideways world (Ethan and the professor who gets blown up). Also cool to see Claire there at the end. And suprisingly Jack wasn't too annoying. I sorta liked his plan to take the pill.

My theory after this one is that Jacob and the other guy (the monster) are essentially building up teams for a final battle - good v evil, believers v doubters. Looks like next week "Locke" is going to convince Sawyer to do something along the coast which is probably going to kill him (I dunno how the fall from cliffs above rocks would go any other way). Problem is they said Claire and now Sayid were evil too. Doesn't seem to make much sense really. How is Claire an evil one?

I guess my theory that Jacob was reincarnated as Sayid just went out the door.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 10:17 PM)
BTW one of the worst episodes of the entire series. Go ahead and flame me and commence with your circle jerk.

I agree with your first statement that this was one of the worst episodes in the series. I was bored for 90% of it last night.

However, there is zero reason to make the second comment you made and and you have been doing that in this thread a lot recently. Its getting old. If it bothers you so much seeing what people say in here then do us all a favor and stop reading it.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 09:17 PM)
BTW one of the worst episodes of the entire series. Go ahead and flame me and commence with your circle jerk.

It certainly was boring, but the "Mac"ness, seeing Claire at the end, and Sayid being a bigtime baby about being "tortured" were enough for me in setting up what should be a very good episode next week.

I do think it's time for Sawyer to just eat a bullet.

I thought last nights episode was good.

It built on the story line of alternate 815.

Ethan delivering Claire's baby, Claire naming the baby, and comparing it to how it happened in the original flight 815 should give anyone enough to think about for the next week. Not to mention the whole twist of how Claire may now keep her baby in alternate 815.

The island story has been progressing as well. Maybe not many earth shattering revelations, but the ending with Claire plus watching Sawyer begin to fall apart, was good enough or me..

Imo it means that their is some sort of collective conscious between the alternate 815 and those on the island.

When Jack opens his eyes, the first thing he does is touch the scratch on his neck, which to me was a clear indication that while this Jack did not know about the events of the island, his body and mind had been there.

I think it was further developed when Claire screamed to protect Aaron, because her unconscious mind took over and reacted. I believe its also why Kate went back to help Claire, and why Kate was holding onto Claire's hand. On the island, Kate is trying to reconnect Claire and Aaron, on alternate 815 she also took the role of helping Aaron and Claire.

I also think that the husband being dead was a slight change from original 815. Basically the cosmos is trying to keep Claire with Aaron.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 10:39 AM)
It was the 2nd time someone in alternate 815 looked at someone with familiarity. Kate stared at Jack for a few seconds and last week Jack stared at Desmond. I wonder what that means and how it will unfold.

Yeah but Jack had actually met Desmond before when he was training at that stadium.

Yeah but Jack had actually met Desmond before when he was training at that stadium.

Maybe not in this universe.

Desmond was training to go on the race around the world on the boat to get Penny. Desmond goes on that boat and ends up at the island pushing the button.

If the bomb destroyed the island before Charles Widmore was exiled by Ben, then there is no reason for Desmond to go on the race, which would mean that he never meets Jack at the stadium.

We know that Desmond is not on the island when flight 815 is in the air in this universe, it is possible that much more has changed.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
Maybe not in this universe.

Desmond was training to go on the race around the world on the boat to get Penny. Desmond goes on that boat and ends up at the island pushing the button.

If the bomb destroyed the island before Charles Widmore was exiled by Ben, then there is no reason for Desmond to go on the race, which would mean that he never meets Jack in the stadium.

We know that Desmond is not on the island when flight 815 is in the air in this universe, it is possible that much more has changed.

Then it makes you wonder why so many of them meet on the same flight, granted it's a month later, if none of the things leading up to that point ever happened.