LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Shannon used it the last time they were at the caves when they thought Sawyer was keeping the meds. It was just a nice touch of history. It's not like they had some long running dialogue about the inhaler. It was just something they found.

Yeah it was just a segway to "oh hey, the cave!"

Thought the last two episodes were pretty cool. I still think the flash-sideways is a little slow, but last nights ramped it up a little with the clues about the two worlds connecting. Jack not remembering his appendix surgery for example, or the fact that he seemed completely unaware that his son played the piano or that he's given his son a hard time about failing. Also, the casting of Jacob was perfect. That guy has a perfect confident/serious but still inviting kind of a face, which is exactly what that character needs.

Read an interesting theory that in the sideways world Jack's ex-wife could be Juliette, who left him for Sawyer. That'd be pretty wild.

Oh, and I listened to the Lost podcast on the way to work. If anyone was wondering about the discrepancy between the date the 815 flight was supposed to land (9/22 i think) and Claire's ultra sound in the sideways world (10/24 or something), that was just a prop error. No significance.

Next week we need more Ben.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 24, 2010 -> 09:46 AM)
It got me wondering if different people see the people differently, because at one point she is with Christian, and she also said it isn't John, it is her "friend".

She said her father and her friend said the others had aaron though, so she doesn't see Christian and Locke as the same thing if thats what you mean.

Also I think the inhaler was a bone to the even more die hards then us. Something happened in season 1 with Shannon and an inhaler, and I forgot what it was but some of the fans on lostpedia wanted an answer to that I believe and they got it last night.

My wife (who rarely watches the show) has been a bit more into the last season here and brought up an interesting question that didn't occur to me. when Smokey/Locke showed up at the end of the show as Claire's 'friend' she turned to me and asked 'Where's Sawyer? They were in that cave with the names last time we saw him (smokey/locke)"

It's probably not a huge point but then again...it did get me thinking a bit.

Edited by juddling

QUOTE (juddling @ Feb 25, 2010 -> 07:39 AM)
My wife (who rarely watches the show) has been a bit more into the last season here and brought up an interesting question that didn't occur to me. when Smokey/Locke showed up at the end of the show as Claire's 'friend' she turned to me and asked 'Where's Sawyer? They were in that cave with the names last time we saw him (smokey/locke)"

It's probably not a huge point but then again...it did get me thinking a bit.

Probably just outside the tent.

Hey everyone, I've watched every single episode of "Lost" since the first season, but I just wanted to ask everyone a question...

Does season 6 seem a little "off" to you?

I've been enjoying season 6, but something seems off to me, something seems different. It seems to have more of a soap opera feel to it, I actually feel like I'm watching a daytime soap.

I'm not sure what it is, but I noticed that a lot of the camera angles they're using is different from previous seasons, the pace of the dialogue seems different, and the timing in the camera shots changing from one person to another person in the middle of dialogue seems different as well. Also, the music doesn't seem to be as dramatic as in previous seasons.

Do you think this is all intentional? Is this supposed to be some kind of twist where in the final episode we find out that everyone died after the nuke blew up in the end of season 5?

...Or did they just hire a new film crew?

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Hey everyone, I've watched every single episode of "Lost" since the first season, but I just wanted to ask everyone a question...

Does season 6 seem a little "off" to you?

I've been enjoying season 6, but something seems off to me, something seems different. It seems to have more of a soap opera feel to it, I actually feel like I'm watching a daytime soap.

I'm not sure what it is, but I noticed that a lot of the camera angles they're using is different from previous seasons, the pace of the dialogue seems different, and the timing in the camera shots changing from one person to another person in the middle of dialogue seems different as well. Also, the music doesn't seem to be as dramatic as in previous seasons.

Do you think this is all intentional? Is this supposed to be some kind of twist where in the final episode we find out that everyone died after the nuke blew up in the end of season 5?

...Or did they just hire a new film crew?

i have no idea what it is either, but I completely agree with you. it just doesn't seem like the same show....

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 05:59 AM)
i have no idea what it is either, but I completely agree with you. it just doesn't seem like the same show....

Unless the flash-sideways all magically come together (which I'm sure they will), that aspect of the show is boring the hell out of me. I thought the stuff on the island was fantastic tonight. In some ways, it seems this show needs one more full season to wrap up the current stuff they're dealing with.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 2, 2010 -> 11:24 PM)
Unless the flash-sideways all magically come together (which I'm sure they will), that aspect of the show is boring the hell out of me. I thought the stuff on the island was fantastic tonight. In some ways, it seems this show needs one more full season to wrap up the current stuff they're dealing with.

I can't stand the alt. timeline anymore.

i mean, OMFG KEAMY'S IN IT! and why? for no other reason than to show "hey look they're all connected still". We get it. Ugh.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:20 AM)
Last night was a very good set-up episode.

You say that every week. :D

But I actually liked yesterday's episode, including the alternate timeline. I'm just wondering where Sawyer, Jin and Richard have been.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)

I only say it when people say "this episode was boring. we didnt learn anything" stuff like that. After 5 years of watching this show, I've learned never to discount an episode, beacuse often it has bigger impacts down the line.

Last night's episode was good. I was starting to like Dogan. I'm starting to think Jacob is the evil one, and "man in lock"/smokey/man in black is good.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 09:27 AM)

But I actually liked yesterday's episode, including the alternate timeline. I'm just wondering where Sawyer, Jin and Richard have been.

I thought we would see badass Sawyer at the end last night. The last 15 minutes last night were intense.

My theory is looking good. That Last Supper picture that came out before the year, I believe will be the two sides. The interesting part is that Ilana and Richard are on the eveil side of the picture and that is my only hold up on my theory being correct.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 3, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
I only say it when people say "this episode was boring. we didnt learn anything" stuff like that. After 5 years of watching this show, I've learned never to discount an episode, beacuse often it has bigger impacts down the line.

Last night's episode was good. I was starting to like Dogan. I'm starting to think Jacob is the evil one, and "man in lock"/smokey/man in black is good.

I thought this same thing since the beginning of this season. I found it telling that Dogan said the machine can tell good from evil, but then didn't say anything about which one Sayid is.

Also (and this could be intentional writing), we're lead to believe that Jacob is the "good" one, despite the fact that he's clearly manipulated each one of these people to do what he wants. Whereas Smokey essentially talks them, letting them decide how to act (choice/free will).

I also think it was important that Smokey didn't kill the temple people who decided to leave. Though I guess he could do it later.

Smokey is bad, Jacob is good.

Jacob has given all the characters the same type of choice that god gave Abraham, in order to get what they want, they must sacrifice.

Jacob has never directly killed anyone (so far), everyone on Smokey's team (sans Claire) has blood on their hands. We know that Kate was not a candidate, neither was Claire.

Sayid had a choice, Jacob had Hurley try and save him, which clearly shows that Jacob did not want Sayid to d e. But Sayid can not escape who he is, either in this life or another. He became twisted when he was with the Iraqi army, and no matter what life he leads, he can not escape that past.

That I believe is the point of the alternate time line. To show that some of the characters were mere victims of circumstance, pawns in a larger game. Where as other characters have made choices that made them who they were.

The other's appearance in the alternate reality is the best example. In the first reality, Ben is a murderer, in the alternate reality he is just a high strung teacher. He was a victim of circumstance on the island, the same as Ethan who appears to be a good Dr. in alternate reality, but on the island was a kidnapper and could have possibly been a murderer.

The final scene of the episode, where Kate, Sayid and Claire walk through the bodies was very telling (imo). None of them reacted as if there had just been a major loss of life. Kate not only didnt seem affected, she just took a weapon and kept on going.

I also took a look at the Last Super picture, and im not sure that it has any relevance outside of the fact that Locke is supposed to be seen as the most important character. If it was to be interpreted literally I believe that Kate would be Judas, and Lapetitas would be Simon. That just doesnt seem to jive with their characters.