LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:45 AM)
That is funny. I think you are a little to into the show!

Most of the time I can trace where a dream originated in my conscious. This one had it's origins in a recent episode of Ellen. We were over at my parents list night and my sister was watching a DVRed Ellen and she made a joke about the smoke monster being the next bachelor.

In my dream, the smoke monster transformed into the giant statue and started walking around.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 5, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
Most of the time I can trace where a dream originated in my conscious. This one had it's origins in a recent episode of Ellen. We were over at my parents list night and my sister was watching a DVRed Ellen and she made a joke about the smoke monster being the next bachelor.

In my dream, the smoke monster transformed into the giant statue and started walking around.

Your sister DVR's Ellen.........

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)

I like everything but the last part. There's no evidence Jacob is Jack. Nor would that make sense at this point.

Moreover, I have to believe the "game" is more than just killing the MIB. There has to be something bigger than that at stake.

Long time Lost fan, watched and enjoyed every season.

This one is terrible, sorry but it is. Introducing new characters for seemingly no reason, and completely taking one of the best bad guys on TV in Ben and basically making him a non-story. Sorry, but this season is poorly written and IMO making the show hard to watch.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)

This one is terrible, sorry but it is. Introducing new characters for seemingly no reason, and completely taking one of the best bad guys on TV in Ben and basically making him a non-story. Sorry, but this season is poorly written and IMO making the show hard to watch.

In the grand scheme of things, I agree. It's been pretty bad. Overall, I liked the past two episodes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)

Tonight's a Ben episode, but I agree. There's been too many slow episodes. Still, we're only 1/3 of the way through. I'm sure it'll pick up the last half.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
In the grand scheme of things, I agree. It's been pretty bad. Overall, I liked the past two episodes.

This "Temple" and the good vs evil stuff makes all the others tension throughout the series worthless. Those people essentially have zero roles at this point, and their evil leader is now a scared nothing in the big picture. So we basically wasted a few seasons focusing on their lives and their struggle? And the time skipping had basically zero meaning as well as the constant? WTF.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 02:51 PM)
This "Temple" and the good vs evil stuff makes all the others tension throughout the series worthless. Those people essentially have zero roles at this point, and their evil leader is now a scared nothing in the big picture. So we basically wasted a few seasons focusing on their lives and their struggle? And the time skipping had basically zero meaning as well as the constant? WTF.

I have been confused by all of these as well. I am assuming they will tie it in somehow in the last 1/3 of the season but I am not so sure anymore. I wouldn't think they would just throw away all that information and build up...but I guess you never know.

QUOTE (BFirebird @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
I have been confused by all of these as well. I am assuming they will tie it in somehow in the last 1/3 of the season but I am not so sure anymore. I wouldn't think they would just throw away all that information and build up...but I guess you never know.

The most important aspect of the show for several seasons was the danger of the others and Ben and trying to find out where they came from, now they are pretty much irrelevant as the "Temple" has been brought into play for some reason and who knows what those people are doing there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
The most important aspect of the show for several seasons was the danger of the others and Ben and trying to find out where they came from, now they are pretty much irrelevant as the "Temple" has been brought into play for some reason and who knows what those people are doing there.

Yep, looking back on things, there's maybe 3 seasons that was completely wasted (if not more). The whole Dharma thing was pretty worthless in retrospect.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:33 PM)
Yep, looking back on things, there's maybe 3 seasons that was completely wasted (if not more). The whole Dharma thing was pretty worthless in retrospect.

Right, almost zero focus on the "hidden" symbols in the Dharma stations and getting to the root of the whole Others vs Dharma people quandary. I just dont understand how they could write off seasons of theories and attention paid to those, it was a complete waste of time and effort.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
Right, almost zero focus on the "hidden" symbols in the Dharma stations and getting to the root of the whole Others vs Dharma people quandary. I just dont understand how they could write off seasons of theories and attention paid to those, it was a complete waste of time and effort.

Figured Others vs. Dharma was the Others didn't want Dharma there, experimenting and possibly exploiting the island.

I just take the current on island stuff as a way to reveal what the island is and what is its history. Much more than DHarma and the 50s with the US Military showing up and being killed off.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Figured Others vs. Dharma was the Others didn't want Dharma there, experimenting and possibly exploiting the island.

I just take the current on island stuff as a way to reveal what the island is and what is its history. Much more than DHarma and the 50s with the US Military showing up and being killed off.

Then who were the others that followed Ben?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
Then who were the others that followed Ben?

Not sure what you mean. They were Others, some died, the rest went to the Temple at the end of Season 3 and have been there until this season.

I think the Richard centric episode will show his connection to the Others and to Ben. He was probably the middle man between the two.