LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
Not sure what you mean. They were Others, some died, the rest went to the Temple at the end of Season 3 and have been there until this season.

I think the Richard centric episode will show his connection to the Others and to Ben. He was probably the middle man between the two.

AH, i forgot some of them went to the temple. It just seemed weird that the entire group of people that followed Ben and at some point Richard were just sort of forgotten as soon as they introduced the temple.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 03:57 PM)
Howard Stern was talking this morning about the writers not having any idea how the show will end........I am starting to think I agree.

In the strory arc Ben was to be in four episodes. People liked him and he was written in more.

They obviously write the episodes and figure out what the main plot of each season is as they go along, but I believe and still believe they had a master plan as the series went a long. Once they saw how great Emerson was they probably realized how great of a leader of the others he would be and wrote him in to be that. I doubt they just magically decided to have a leader of the others, and probably had plans for that role and decided that Michael Emerson would be perfect in it.

Either way I don't really understand why people get upset if the writers make it up as they go a long, what show on TV isn't written that way? The show is still awesome weather they made up everything 2 days ago or 6 years ago.

Can't wait for the Ben centric tonight, Ben's episodes are always the best.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
They obviously write the episodes and figure out what the main plot of each season is as they go along, but I believe and still believe they had a master plan as the series went a long. Once they saw how great Emerson was they probably realized how great of a leader of the others he would be and wrote him in to be that. I doubt they just magically decided to have a leader of the others, and probably had plans for that role and decided that Michael Emerson would be perfect in it.

Either way I don't really understand why people get upset if the writers make it up as they go a long, what show on TV isn't written that way? The show is still awesome weather they made up everything 2 days ago or 6 years ago.

Can't wait for the Ben centric tonight, Ben's episodes are always the best.

The only part I do mind is that they have huge holes that they have seemed to ignore. Dharma was built up to being something huge, and then it's ignored. Walt was built into something huge(from what I heard, I only watched Season 1, hated the show because it was so damn slow and then returned back for Season 4 and 5), and he's gone completely ignored. Maybe everything will eventually still tie in. If not, the writers failed somewhat. I know not every question will get answered. But I think the ones that hyped up, should be.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
The only part I do mind is that they have huge holes that they have seemed to ignore. Dharma was built up to being something huge, and then it's ignored. Walt was built into something huge(from what I heard, I only watched Season 1, hated the show because it was so damn slow and then returned back for Season 4 and 5), and he's gone completely ignored. Maybe everything will eventually still tie in. If not, the writers failed somewhat. I know not every question will get answered. But I think the ones that hyped up, should be.

Walt was never really built into anything huge just that he's special or something. I don't really get why people feel robbed of dharma we just got an entire season of them last season.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Walt was never really built into anything huge just that he's special or something. I don't really get why people feel robbed of dharma we just got an entire season of them last season.

In what way was he special? And we got a small bit of information on Dharma. We know they don't like the Others, took over a big part of the land for scientific research and that's it. Just because Sawyer & Co. were wearing Dharma jumpsuits the whole season doesn't mean much at all.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:40 PM)
In what way was he special? And we got a small bit of information on Dharma. We know they don't like the Others, took over a big part of the land for scientific research and that's it. Just because Sawyer & Co. were wearing Dharma jumpsuits the whole season doesn't mean much at all.

He's special so thats why the others wanted him, and its why he killed the birds in the minisode or whatever. I honestly couldn't care less about the Walt story line so I'm glad they phased it out for now. They were in Dharma, and we pretty much know a lot about Dharma from it so its not that they were building jump suits.

And it's not like they haven't been building up the smoke monster and Jacob throughout all the years. I don't get why we need to know everything about Dharma.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
I am thinking Richard came to the island on the Black Rock boat

yeah that's pretty much been the assumption since the season 5 finale. now we know it for sure.

sooooo that episode - my favorite of the season so far.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 09:37 PM)
I'm officially bored as hell with this show right now. The flash sideway destroyed the momentum of the show, in my opinion.

see this episode's flash was the best yet in my mind - it FINALLY tied it to the island, and not in abstract terms. Ben and Roger WERE on the island but somehow left. I think that's something.

Everyone I watched with thought tonight's episode was slow and boring, but I liked it. I like that Ben got a chance to make up for having Alex killed, by giving up his chance at principal to make sure she got into Yale. When he opened up to Illana I thought that was great too.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 11:33 PM)
Everyone I watched with thought tonight's episode was slow and boring, but I liked it. I like that Ben got a chance to make up for having Alex killed, by giving up his chance at principal to make sure she got into Yale. When he opened up to Illana I thought that was great too.

i thought that was emmy worthy.

Also to the writers are making this up as they go along crowd. Jack tried committing suicide in the season 3 finale only to be stopped by that car accident. John Locke tried committing suicide last season, but then Ben showed up to stop it. So maybe it's not the best evidence, but Richard said they cannot commit suicide if they've been touched by Jacob and thats been backed up by the past episodes.

From the guy that writes the AV Club reviews (one of the best ones IMO):

"As I’ve said, I’m growing accustomed to the flash-sideways as a storytelling/theme-developing concept, but an episode like tonight’s reminds me what we miss by eliminating the possibility of flashbacks for our main characters. Simply put, I would’ve like to have seen more of Ben’s rise to power on The Island, not the shadow-version we got in “Dr. Linus.” Maybe Richard’s story will fill in some of the blanks."

That's kind of my view of the flash sideways stuff. It's ok, but I'm much more interested in other things that they're just not going to get to.

There was some good stuff but I still thought it was very slow moving.

The change in Roger Linus was cool. A part of me thought that maybe Alex and the principal had a thing and Ben was going to have a Locke moment of defeat in the end.

The flash sideways commentary of leadership and taking over was kind of cool.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 9, 2010 -> 10:42 PM)
see this episode's flash was the best yet in my mind - it FINALLY tied it to the island, and not in abstract terms. Ben and Roger WERE on the island but somehow left. I think that's something.

and they left AFTER the bomb. Remember, Ben's dad was in the town and Ben was being healed.