LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 03:06 AM)
Also to the writers are making this up as they go along crowd. Jack tried committing suicide in the season 3 finale only to be stopped by that car accident. John Locke tried committing suicide last season, but then Ben showed up to stop it. So maybe it's not the best evidence, but Richard said they cannot commit suicide if they've been touched by Jacob and thats been backed up by the past episodes.

I thought that too... and so did Jack

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Underrated?

# Emmy for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series (for playing "William Hinks" on The Practice), 2001

# Emmy for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama Series for portraying Ben Linus on Lost, 2009.

# Nominated for a Saturn Award for playing Ben Linus on Lost.

# Nominated for an Emmy Award at the 59th Primetime Emmy Awards for portraying Ben Linus on Lost.

# Won a Saturn Award at the 2007 ceremony (held in 2008) for his role as Ben Linus.

# Nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Series, Mini-Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, 2010.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Sepinwall:

http://sepinwall.blogspot.com/2010/03/lost...her-leader.html

Interesting theory about alt timeline.

"For now, I'm sticking with my theory that the flash-sideways are an epilogue in advance - that this is where and when the characters all wound up in the aftermath of the war between Smokey and Jacob's forces. "

The flash side-ways happen in 2004. That's find of impossible as "the war" will be in 2007.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 02:50 PM)
"For now, I'm sticking with my theory that the flash-sideways are an epilogue in advance - that this is where and when the characters all wound up in the aftermath of the war between Smokey and Jacob's forces. "

The flash side-ways happen in 2004. That's find of impossible as "the war" will be in 2007.

Impossible? Who says they can't get the island to change times once again...for the last time?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Impossible? Who says they can't get the island to change times once again...for the last time?

Oh that's completely possible. But, it would have to move to slightly before 2004 and Dogan would have to be resurrected to go to his son's recital.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)

Or that the epilogue starts further back than 815. It obviously does judging by last night.

I liked the theory that

the people who side against Smokey have good lives in the alt. Not sure how the Locke sideways shows that but whatever

I believe they said in the replay of last weeks episode that the flash sideways was a view of what would have been had they not crashed on the island....that would be fine for the Oceanic 815 group but I don't see how it would have affected Ben and the others though.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Mar 10, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
I believe they said in the replay of last weeks episode that the flash sideways was a view of what would have been had they not crashed on the island....that would be fine for the Oceanic 815 group but I don't see how it would have affected Ben and the others though.

The producers said "popup video" LOST is not cannon and the people that make that captions are not affiliated with the show.

My Theory on Richard's Flash-sideways:

We have learned that a Richard centric episode is coming later this month. That got me thinking: How will the writers do a flash-sideways with Richard. Here is my theory...

Reality 1-

Richard "watches them all die" as the bomb fails to work, "the incident" occurs, the Dharma Initiative goes on... the swan station is built, Desmond fails to push the button in time... and 815 crashes. Time goes on as we've watched the last 5 seasons all the way to the 2007 story line.

Reality 2-

The bomb neutralizes the electromagnatizm... the Losties get catapulted to Reality 1's 2007, the Swan station is never built and Richard sees what happens to the DI and the island in "alternate reality" 1977.

Reality 2 is how we learn a portion of the fate of post-bomb island and I am sure they will find a way to weave in Richard's backstory.

Just my theory... and I'm sticking to it... even if I'm wrong.

I thought the musical score in the last episode was definitely the best it's been all season.

My prediction is the next episode will be a Jin flash - sideways, as both camps try to find him.

Usually they tell you on Lostpedia what the next episode will be called, but they haven't so far.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 12, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
I'm pretty sure they said they were done with flashbacks and forwards

There were a few episodes in season 4 that were not flash forwards So they don't always follow the usual way the season has been working the flash whatever it is that season. And Darlton has lied to us before.