LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrible terrible explanations BTW. This show is "Lost."

My theory is that they alternate reality will show what happens if Jacob never existed, were they better off without the island. Either that or its going to show that no matter what lifeline they followed, they are always going back to the island somehow.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 10:31 AM)

My theory is that they alternate reality will show what happens if Jacob never existed, were they better off without the island. Either that or its going to show that no matter what lifeline they followed, they are always going back to the island somehow.

I think it is going to be some big epilogue.

I agree Season 3 was the worst, but it also had the best season finale of them all.

i think it's option 2.

In the alt timeline though, the island is underwater.

Tonight's ending was weak. "We're taking the sub... LOST." Are you kidding me? That wasn't dramatic at all. They usually at least have really good endings making me excited for the next week, but this week's episode didn't do that at all. I did like Sawyer as a badass cop, though.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
why is this show not LEADING to anything???

nothing seems connected, every episode seems like it's own little vignette that isn't tied to the others. so f***ing frustrating.

I'm preparing myself to be incredibly disappointed and pissed off at the ending of Lost.

It can be the greatest finale in the history of television, tying the 2 time-lines together with a brilliant twist that no one saw coming and sadly that still wouldn't be nearly enough to make up for my having been bored to tears for half of each episode so far this season. These flash sideways or whatever the f*** they are have been unbearable.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
It can be the greatest finale in the history of television, tying the 2 time-lines together with a brilliant twist that no one saw coming and sadly that still wouldn't be nearly enough to make up for my having been bored to tears for half of each episode so far this season. These flash sideways or whatever the f*** they are have been unbearable.

This season has been terrible. Even the stuff on the island hasn't been that good for the most part.

I still think the finale of Lost will have some parts inspired by Indian mythology.

Already, they've named a group called the Dharma Initiative, and Dharma is an indian term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dharma

I think the "alternate reality" in season 6 will turn out to be another life, a future reincarnated life.

In Hindu mythology, they believe in the constant reincarnation and that every time the world dies after it goes through the stages of destruction, everything is reborn again and everything happens again.

Here's a link with info about Kali Yuga, which is supposed to be the last stage of our world in Hindu mythology:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kali_Yuga

But what I think they're gonna do with Lost is that the flash sideways reality will turn out to be a reincarnated reality, where there's slight alterations. I think it'll turn out to be an entirely different life with some situations influenced by what happened in their previous lives on the Island.

I know Ben and his father were also on the island in the flash sideways reality, but I think it's still another life for them as well, and that the circumstances on the island in that life was different because Jacob was never around to manipulate things.

Also, I think it's why some people might seem the same, because we can't really change who we are in one life or the next, such as Kate and Sayid, but you can change the direction you take, such as Sawyer saying he would've either been a criminal or a cop.

I think the very last episode of Lost will end up having everyone dead, but the viewers will be left somewhat happy that they're not dead forever, because they all end up reincarnated in another life.

And I really believe this might be the direction the show is going, because we've had a couple instances where Jack said to Desmond, and Desmond said to Jack...

"See you in another life, brother."

One main revelation in the alternate reality is that Sawyer is a completely different person. He made a choice earlier in his life to be good and not evil...way before the day the flight was supposed to crash. There has to be some significance to that.