LOST!!!!

retro1983hat

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:13 AM)
So how come Richard still thinks everyone is dead? After 140 years on the island he flat out told everyone that as he stormed off. I've always wondered in the back of my mind if they were.

Thought the same thing. I'm really hoping they are not.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
Hell yeah.

Damon and Carlton said before the season started that fans mayb have to be patient. I think we are about to get going.

I'm guessing MIB doesn't really want to go home, but get off the island to spread evil or whatever.

That's the thing, even if you took all of the major questions that were left from the first five seasons, you couldn't have filled an entire season up. You needed more to make it work. They are obviously headed towards the climax.

I guess the thing that got me was that I did not need 20 minutes of Richard locked in the bottom ofthe boat.

Other than that I thought the episode was pretty good at getting to the bottom of some things and seemd like the beginning of the end.

The whole temple thing seems to be misplaced though and a waste to the beginning of the season.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Mar 23, 2010 -> 10:49 PM)
I found it interesting/odd that Jacob couldn't bring Ricardo's wife back, couldn't forgive Ricardo's sins, but WAS able to grant him eternal life. If he was, in fact, the devil then this would make sense assuming his wife went to heaven when she died (she was christian and wore the cross, died with a bible on her lap).

Last night furthered my belief that Jacob is either the devil or a representative for the devil and Smokey is God or a representative of God.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 08:32 AM)
I thought he basically decided that everything Jacob had told him was a lie and that the MIB was the one telling the truth. That is, until Hurley and Isabella showed up.

I think Hurley made up that last part about Isabella. Remember, Hurley is on Jacob's side.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
I think Hurley made up that last part about Isabella. Remember, Hurley is on Jacob's side.

Would he have been talking in Spanish in the beginning on the beach though when Jack thought he was talking to Jacob if Jacob made him fake it?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
Really? I didn't get that impression at all.

I did. His whole body language changed and that was completely unrelated to what they were talking about before.

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
I did. His whole body language changed and that was completely unrelated to what they were talking about before.

One point I read on a Lost message board was that Hurley looked real uncomfortable when he said it and that Hurley never likes to lie, it makes him uncomfortable.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Last night furthered my belief that Jacob is either the devil or a representative for the devil and Smokey is God or a representative of God.

I sometimes think this too, but then the whole situation wouldn't make much sense to me. If Jacob is the devil, what's his end game? He's been tricked and killed (though I think he knew it would eventually happen). His "candidates" are flawed people, but not really evil, unlike the MIB's team. I think that's an intentional misdirection of the writers.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 11:25 AM)
I sometimes think this too, but then the whole situation wouldn't make much sense to me. If Jacob is the devil, what's his end game? He's been tricked and killed (though I think he knew it would eventually happen). His "candidates" are flawed people, but not really evil, unlike the MIB's team. I think that's an intentional misdirection of the writers.

and why would he be trying to keep the good guy on the island?

After re-watching last nights episode, yes-I'm a loser, I think Richard was left down in the ship so long by the MIB to make him even more desperate and make him more willing to try and get him to kill Jacob.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
After re-watching last nights episode, yes-I'm a loser, I think Richard was left down in the ship so long by the MIB to make him even more desperate and make him more willing to try and get him to kill Jacob.

No your not I've already re-watched it too, and sadly I probably will again before the next episode.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
No your not I've already re-watched it too, and sadly I probably will again before the next episode.

I probably won't. As awesome as last night was, I don't think it is one of those episodes with a high re-watchability factor.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)

I rewatched it as well and something popped in my head. When Richard saw his wife, I think that it was the MIB taking her form. (I'm sure it was obvious to most the 1st time) He probably was able to get a visualization of her when Smokie was looking at him (probably looking at his thoughts). I wonder how long this has been going on the island and how many people he has manipulated with these tactics?

I also agree that MIB left him down there on purpose.